RELEASED Official Cowboy Cuts Discussion Thread

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I would rather have seen him go away entirely. I think they made a mistake last year keeping Ross over Jihad Ward. He's been better for the Colts.
Yes, it's a waste of 645K.

Ross was not active in the Rams game but was not on the Injury Report.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
QB ...... Dak Prescott

OL ...... Joe Looney
OL ...... Connor McGovern
OL ...... Xavier Su'a-Filo
OL ...... Adam Redmond
OL ...... Brandon Knight

SAF ...... Xavier Woods
SAF ...... Jeff Heath
SAF ...... Donovan Wilson
SAF ...... Darian Thompson
SAF ...... Kavon Frazier

Lots of back up ol. Got Cody Wichman on IR too. I can believe they like these guys.

Like Redmond enough to trade Looney? A veteran starting C should be worth something.

But why 5 safeties, when we have so many players we actually like? Did Wilson's injury keep Frazier on the team. Hmmm, could be. I'd guess Frazier is the next man out when Quinn comes back.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
He’s a lot closer to being a starter now than Hill will be even next season. Juan’s gonna be a stud and Hill’s a dude with bad hair at this point. That ****’s gotta go.
My point is people act like hes better than Woods already. Gthoh

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dolphins get two 1sts and a 2nd rounder pick for Stills and Tunsil and a 4th rounder. I can see why the Dolphins made the trade.

The Texans picks will likely be early to mid round.

Giving back a 4th offsets the 2nd from early/mid 2nd to late 2nd.

Stills has no real trade value because his contract is not cheap relative to his production.

Therefore, it all adds up to:

Tunsil for an early/mid 1st and the equivalent of a mid/late 2nd.

Tunsil is going into his 4th season. The Texans just get him on a reasonable contract for 2 years.

Altestic

Reaction score
I still think the colts win that division. Jax in second place and Houston and Tenn battle it out for last. I think Brissett is pretty good.
:lmao:

Brissett is trash. The Colts will be 4-12 at very best. Foles isn't good outside of Philly and that roster has issues. The Jags will also be 4-12ish. Houston and Tennessee will "battle" it out for first, even though I think Tennessee is also terrible and their QB stinks, they have a great secondary and two great offensive tackles around an otherwise mediocre roster which will be good enough for around 6-10 and second place.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
EDVCeb8VUAAQpEF.png
EDVCeb8UwAEKtDs.png

EDVCrA6VUAEBJFb.jpg

Sydla

Reaction score
I still don’t understand Redmond over a guy like Wise or Wilson.

He’s a C. They have Looney. Do they think Redmond is better than Looney and Looney is an OG?

Is Martin more hurt than they are letting on?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He’s a C. They have Looney. Do they think Redmond is better than Looney and Looney is an OG?

They’re risking some of these guys hoping they can re-sign one or two after guys get moved to IR.

They’ll likely get burned.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lots of back up ol. Got Cody Wichman on IR too. I can believe they like these guys.

Like Redmond enough to trade Looney? A veteran starting C should be worth something.

But why 5 safeties, when we have so many players we actually like? Did Wilson's injury keep Frazier on the team. Hmmm, could be. I'd guess Frazier is the next man out when Quinn comes back.

They want to trade an OL, I think.

Thompson is a FS and Frazier is Strong Safety. With Wilson injured I guess they wanted to have backups for both spots. Does Heath have an injury issue also?

Gaede

Reaction score
Have you been on Mars?

UDFA OL Brandon Knight, a pet cat of Bryan Broaddus. Started practicing at OT then moved to OG. Missed some practices with a foot injury.
I haven't followed the preseason/training camp at all, except to talk about Zeke

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't think they're as enamored with Wise as fans were.

WR Wilson was the biggest surprise, IMO.

They seem to think there is a trade market for an OL (probably Su'a-Filo or Redmond).

I guess it's possible they would consider trading Looney for a premium pick (3rd round).