RELEASED Official Cowboy Cuts Discussion Thread

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Gifford too. His injury was nasty looking. Just weird they are looking to burn both spots.
Not surprised you haven't been keeping up. You never do. You never know whats going on with the Cowboys instead you just throw out insults to all the players, coaches and executives. Word is that Gifford will be back much sooner than later.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
They seem to think there is a trade market for an OL (probably Su'a-Filo or Redmond).

I guess it's possible they would consider trading Looney for a premium pick (3rd round).

Looney is our best guy to move, but I don't see us getting a 3 for him. I'll take less.

I wouldn't think anyone would be interested in Redmond. Maybe we know enough about him to like him, but what has he shown the league to make them interested?

Last edited:

Plankton

Reaction score
Who the hell is Brandon Knight?!

giphy.gif

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
They want to trade an OL, I think.

Thompson is a FS and Frazier is Strong Safety. With Wilson injured I guess they wanted to have backups for both spots. Does Heath have an injury issue also?

Sounds familiar about Heath having some issue, but I can't place it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gifford too. His injury was nasty looking. Just weird they are looking to burn both spots.

I'd heard mention that they had recently gotten a good report about Gifford's injury so it will be interesting to see what they ultimately decide to do with him?

I think they might get Olumba back, but I'm worried that Wise and Wilson will get claimed. I think they could have cut and re-signed a vested vet like Morris and kept one of the young guys.

Although I am happy to see they found a way to keep both Joe Jackson and Jelks.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
My 2 cents...

The only 2 surprises to me are Wilson and Wise. Credit Devin Smith for coming in and earning a job. Wilson was the casualty. Surprised they went light at WR. Wise? I continue to wonder why Crawford has a spot. He gets paid a lot of money to be the 7th or 8th best lineman on the team. Sucks to see Wise go. We know what Crawford is...a JAG. Wise?

quickccc

Reaction score
What I read about Olumba, a bit inconsistent as well, is slower or plays slower than he should.

what i am hearing about him is he continues to be very handsy (ala still drawing yellow flags) ..and he is just too limited, he doesn't have enough of the neccessary the recovery speed the team is looking for

Screw The Hall

Reaction score
I still don’t understand Redmond over a guy like Wise or Wilson.

He’s a C. They have Looney. Do they think Redmond is better than Looney and Looney is an OG?

Is Martin more hurt than they are letting on?

Broaddus said Redmond was a buzzword name whirling around in trade circles, and that was before the final roster cuts.They have too many interior OL on the 53, making me think there could be some relevance in what he’s saying.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
My 2 cents...

The only 2 surprises to me are Wilson and Wise. Credit Devin Smith for coming in and earning a job. Wilson was the casualty. Surprised they went light at WR. Wise? I continue to wonder why Crawford has a spot. He gets paid a lot of money to be the 7th or 8th best lineman on the team. Sucks to see Wise go. We know what Crawford is...a JAG. Wise?
Hopefully they bring him back. I really thought Wilson and Smith would make the team. Holding on to Johnson at receiver is great too, I like his game a ton.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I strongly believe that Will McClay knows more than you do.
True and i'm sure they have plan, a lot ill fall though and clear waivers and they will continue to make other moves, they could be back in days etc I dont think Upper Management great as excite dover big Preseason plays given the opponents...they dont drink the koolaid for preseason..