*** Official Fan Mock Draft Thread ***

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
dbair1967;1395396 said:
I think Jones just said the other day they were leaning towards leaving Henry at CB, which to me means there is no way our 1st rd pick with be a CB

David
I dont see that as being the case. Aaron Glenn is the ageless wonder but it has to end somewhere. A rookie can play the third or fourth corner and be slowly moving up the depth chart. If you are picking 22, you pick the best person on your board regardless of position.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
dbair1967;1395633 said:
It was Monday I think...was probably in both Dallas papers

David
I missed it as well. A link would be awesome.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you come up with your own mock draft please post it in this thread. Which also means if you just post a mock for the cowboys first 3 picks.

If you post it elsewhere chances are it will get merged to this thread.

Thanks

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
smarta5150;1395895 said:
All I am mocking is the talk of drafting a FS in the 1st :)puke:)

You will like it.

And if we take someone else at another position you will like that as well.

So let it be written, so let it be done.

:p: ;)

Woods

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1395888 said:
If you come up with your own mock draft please post it in this thread. Which also means if you just post a mock for the cowboys first 3 picks.

If you post it elsewhere chances are it will get merged to this thread.

Thanks

Can you merge my mock into this thread? Thanks very much.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
cousinvinny_025.jpg

Are you mocking me?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
I like it alot, very similar to how I would do it

one problem I see is Whitworth stands a good chance of being taken before the 7th, he ran really well for a player of his girth, and that draft could work even if we don't re-sign Columbo, just move McQ to RT, and we can still develop Free as the LT

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;1395396 said:
I think Jones just said the other day they were leaning towards leaving Henry at CB, which to me means there is no way our 1st rd pick with be a CB

David

unless Dallas is going to cut TO and/or Glenn, we don't have much need for a WR in the 1st either

just something to think about :D

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1396029 said:
unless Dallas is going to cut TO and/or Glenn, we don't have much need for a WR in the 1st either

just something to think about :D

well both have unresolved roster bonus issues (large amounts as well)...both are coming off some injury...both are over 30

Henry was dinged up some, otherwise the above doesnt apply to our starting CB's

David

Woods

Reaction score
dbair1967;1396037 said:
well both have unresolved roster bonus issues (large amounts as well)...both are coming off some injury...both are over 30

Henry was dinged up some, otherwise the above doesnt apply to our starting CB's

David

My thinking was a top flight CB would give us a lot of options.

If Henry gets dinged up again (it's been 2 consecutive years running now), we'd have a replacement. Or, if the rookie can come in and play right away, we could always move Henry to FS, for example.

Also, this is probably Glenn's final year as our nickel CB (I'm guessing) given his age. So, we'd have some options in place for that contingency as well.

I just think that given this is such a deep WR class, a good one could be had (and developed) later on in the Draft.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
interesting #s on Aundre Allison

from the #s I have here, so far he had the fastest 10-yard and 20-yard dash times of the WRs

10-yard: 1.43
20-yard: 2.46

that's in addition to his 4.39 40 and 10'07" broad-jump, as well as catching everything in sight in drills

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Woods;1396053 said:
My thinking was a top flight CB would give us a lot of options.

If Henry gets dinged up again (it's been 2 consecutive years running now), we'd have a replacement. Or, if the rookie can come in and play right away, we could always move Henry to FS, for example.

Also, this is probably Glenn's final year as our nickel CB (I'm guessing) given his age. So, we'd have some options in place for that contingency as well.

I just think that given this is such a deep WR class, a good one could be had (and developed) later on in the Draft.

plus if we're going to be using Newman in the slot, we're going to need a more physical corner than Aaron Glenn outside

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
I doubt that Allan will be around in the seventh. I've never seen him play but there were supposedly a few people scrambling for Whitworth tapes after he had one of the better combines amongst the TEs.

Woods

Reaction score
StanleySpadowski;1396060 said:
I doubt that Allan will be around in the seventh. I've never seen him play but there were supposedly a few people scrambling for Whitworth tapes after he had one of the better combines amongst the TEs.

As an alternative, maybe K. Boss out of W. Oregon?

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1396058 said:
plus if we're going to be using Newman in the slot, we're going to need a more physical corner than Aaron Glenn outside

I doubt we see Newman wasting away on 3rd and 4th WR's who line up in the slot anymore

the boneheads that were responsible for that are gone

David

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
"For the 22 pick of the draft the cowboys choose Micheal Griffen out of University of Texas"

dalboy

one man wolf pack
Reaction score
Did we move Henry to safety cause if we didn't then we have to either draft a safety or a wide reciver in the first round.