Official Last NFLE Most of us Will Ever Watch Thread

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ said:
It would have been nice if he had the completion percentage up a bit, but all in all those are pretty good numbers.
~faint~

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ said:
It would have been nice if he had the completion percentage up a bit, but all in all those are pretty good numbers.

His completion percentage wasn't helped by his receivers' frequent drops.

Last season, Drew Bledsoe threw 499 passes and had 20 of them dropped -- 4 percent. A similar percentage for Henson in NFLE would have meant that eight of his 203 passes would have been dropped, but I'm guessing it was two or three times that many.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:

Last season, Drew Bledsoe threw 499 passes and had 20 of them dropped -- 4 percent. A similar percentage for Henson in NFLE would have meant that eight of his 203 passes would have been dropped, but I'm guessing it was two or three times that many.

and lets not forget that completion percentage, yards per attempt, and TDs per attempt all figure into the passer rating -- all of those go up if his guys can hold onto the ball.

what was very impressive to me is that Henson had the lowest INT per attempt rate in the league. that suggests he was making good decisions -- or that NFLE DBs can't catch either.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ said:

I really didn't pay alot of attention to the numbers...I don't think the Cowboys organization did either.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:

... and anyone who thinks Henson's receivers had just eight drops all season hasn't been paying attention. I'd think a conservative estimate is three a game.

If you apply that to Henson's final numbers, making him 136 of 203, he would have completed 66.9 percent of his passes. Or even if you cut that to two drops a game (which is the absolute low mark IMO), it would have been 62.5.

Now, every team drops passes, but when the rate of drops is as high as it was among Henson's receivers that needs to be considered, especially by those who are only using stats to determine if Henson's stint in Europe was successful.

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I really didn't pay alot of attention to the numbers...I don't think the Cowboys organization did either.

Yeah I dont have time to watch a 3rd stringer play in a european league so im just going by numbers right now.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ said:
Yeah I dont have time to watch a 3rd stringer play in a european league so im just going by numbers right now.

Yeah, it shows, considering you are online, posting in a board about third stringers, at night, how busy you are.

superpunk

Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ said:

Awesome.

I'm sure that's exactly what the Cowboys front office is doing as well.

So, when you say that Henson is finished, you're probably spot on in your analysis.

Or full of it.

superpunk

Reaction score
RCowboyFan said:
Yeah, it shows, considering you are online, posting in a board about third stringers, at night, how busy you are.

I've been drinking, and I'm currently making love to a domkan, or whatever.

So, no....I did NOT get to watch Henson today.

My evaluation is that he is a hall of famer.

Should you disagree, this domkan is NOT going to be happy.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
superpunk said:
I've been drinking, and I'm currently making love to a domkan, or whatever.

So, no....I did NOT get to watch Henson today.

My evaluation is that he is a hall of famer.

Should you disagree, this domkan is NOT going to be happy.

:lmao2: :lmao: :bow:

Silverstar

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Henson finished as the second-leading passer in NFL Europe with an 84.2 passer rating. He completed 109 of 203 passes for 1,321 yards, 10 touchdowns and three interceptions. He was sacked 11 times.

10 TD's and 3 INT's in 8 1/2 games is pretty good. I think if Henson didn't get injured, he would have led the Fire to a World Bowl berth. I don't think Bledsoe is going anywhere 2007, so I hope Henson goes back to Europe and gets more game reps.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Silverstar said:
10 TD's and 3 INT's in 8 1/2 games is pretty good. I think if Henson didn't get injured, he would have led the Fire to a World Bowl berth. I don't think Bledsoe is going anywhere 2007, so I hope Henson goes back to Europe and gets more game reps.

I don't mean to put the whammy on us...but this streak of consecutive starts by QB's has got to end sooner or later.

QC was there for a full season.

Vinny missed only half a game.

Bledsoe was there for the entire season.

Makes me a bit antsy.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
the most important stat line, for those who care, is HEnson had the highest ratio of TDs to INTs, which shows that he is managing the game smartly, and avoiding the costly mistakes, and is making plays, which is one of the supposed knocks the Henson haters are employing

this is the Henson-hater argument:

Henson didn't really want to go, he's made game-changing mistakes...see how easy that is to refute? we got stats and the spoken word, while they have wheels spinning, not to mention we also have Henson showing pocket prescence, knows how to vary the velocity on his throws, has good feet, goes through his progressions well, and has escapability, as I said last night, or this morning actually :) the good outweighs the bad, shall I also throw in that Parcells has noticed the improvements? oof, guess I already did that ;)

Silverstar

Reaction score
Juke99 said:
I don't mean to put the whammy on us...but this streak of consecutive starts by QB's has got to end sooner or later.

QC was there for a full season.

Vinny missed only half a game.

Bledsoe was there for the entire season.

Makes me a bit antsy.

Bledsoe is one tough SOB.

I think we all admire that part of his game....I know I do.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:

Not to mention his receivers' inability to get separation.

I noticed a number of passes were near the receiver but were batted down because the defensive backs/linebackers were pratically wearing the receivers' jerseys.

What impressed me about Henson was that with most of his throws, he's on the mark with his receivers. And the balls come so fast that the defender only has time to bat them down, not intercept them.

I've been impressed so far by what I've seen of Henson. And truth be told, he's the only reason I watch NFL Europe games. Too bad we won't be able to see him play another week.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
Not to mention his receivers' inability to get separation.

I noticed a number of passes were near the receiver but were batted down because the defensive backs/linebackers were pratically wearing the receivers' jerseys.

What impressed me about Henson was that with most of his throws, he's on the mark with his receivers. And the balls come so fast that the defender only has time to bat them down, not intercept them.

I've been impressed so far by what I've seen of Henson. And truth be told, he's the only reason I watch NFL Europe games. Too bad we won't be able to see him play another week.

Exactly what I saw too. I think if those balls didn't have that kind of zip, they would intercepted or had a chance at least. And those kinds of throws are where Arm strength will matter in NFL anyway.

Of course, if your WRs can get wide open etc., you don't need that. One thing I was wrong on is, after Zuriel went down, Henson's completion went down too. Henson and Zuriel seem to be on same page, which why his three great TDs throws were to him, early in the season. And I thought Zuriel kind of sucked himself since he also never seem to be getting that great of seperation either, but I guess since both of them were in same page, they connected better in key situations.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
TwoSteppinJJ said:
Analysis without acquiring knowledge?

I hope credibility isn't expected with that formula.

:wink2:

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
Silverstar said:
Bledsoe is one tough SOB.

I think we all admire that part of his game....I know I do.

Staubach was a tough SOB.

Aikman was a tough SOB.

They both missed games.

I'm not making a comment about his toughness. Injuries happen. And the Law of Averages is not with us in this regard.