*** Official non-Cowboys player cuts thread *** merged ***

Bungarian

Butt Monkey
Reaction score
He comes with some trouble.

Jennings played five seasons in Chicago, recording 16 interceptions, including a career-high nine in 2012. However, the nine-year veteran was coming off an off year, during which he played a full 16-game slate without a pick. To make matters worse, Jennings was arrested on charges of speeding, reckless driving and driving under the influence in January. He also underwent arthroscopic knee surgery in the offseason.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
I'd kick the tires on the old guys this season. Missed out on Abraham a couple of seasons ago when he would have been an upgrade for an injured Spencer. There's been some other similar instances.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd kick the tires on the old guys this season. Missed out on Abraham a couple of seasons ago when he would have been an upgrade for an injured Spencer. There's been some other similar instances.

Kicking old tires can lead to flats. I'll take the ones with tread even though they need some driving on them at first.
Lol

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its a red flag to me that he was cut in the first round of cuts. Thats usually reserved for camp fodder

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Rather use the roster spot to keep an extra DL that we'd have to cut if not for Scandricks injury.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think if Marinelli wanted he, or Peanut Tillman they would be here. Same for Briggs, etc. Seems to me he likes working with our youth and talent IMO.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is on the wrong side of 30 but he was an interception machine just a year ago.
With Scandrick being done for the year do you look to bring in a veteran like Tim Jennings?
Pretty impressive resume...you know what they say, you can't have too many good CB's.

The stats I see show Zero Ints for 2014 and 4 for 2013.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its a red flag to me that he was cut in the first round of cuts. Thats usually reserved for camp fodder

Yes usually true.
But once in a while a team will do a vet player a favor and cut them now, and gives them a chance to get on another team to show what he still has for another team in that last PS game.

Eddie

Reaction score
I tend to prefer corners who can see eye to eye with the Dez Bryant's of the world, not the Cole Beasley's. No thanks.

Shorter CB's have better hip movement, and can swivel better than taller ones. There isn't a single CB who can look Dez eye to eye.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes usually true.
But once in a while a team will do a vet player a favor and cut them now, and gives them a chance to get on another team to show what he still has for another team in that last PS game.

True, but if its true they lose money cutting him as mentioned earlier ( not sure if thats accurate or not) it would seem more likely he is out of gas

alohawg

Reaction score
Atlanta Falcons: Waived LB Boris Anyama, WR Marquez Clark, RB Michael Ford, WR John Harris, DT Warren Herring, NT Derrick Hopkins, OT Matt Huffer, CB Michael Lee, G Eric Lefeld, LB Terrell Manning, DE Sam Meredith, and C Valerian Ume-Ezeoke. Placed T Lamar Holmes on the PUP list. Released TE Mickey Shuler.

Minnesota Vikings: Released RB Joe Banyard, TE Brandon Bostick, CBs Jalil carter and Justin Coleman, WRs DaVaris Daniels and Jordan Leslie, T Sephen Goodin, LB Josh Kaddu, DE Caesar Rayford, DT Chrishon Rose, CB DeMarcus Van Dyke.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Waived FB Joey Iosefa, RB Dominique Brown, DT Quayshawne Buckley, OL Antoine Everett, C Brandon Hartson, S Kimario McFadden, P Karl Schmitz, CB Al-Hajj Shabazz and DEs George Uko and Jamal Young.

FB Joey Iosefa Univ. of Hawaii. Watched him here for the Warriors, a very physical guy.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Kicking old tires can lead to flats. I'll take the ones with tread even though they need some driving on them at first.
Lol

I see Jennings more like a spare. I don't think he'll hinder the growth of our youngsters. In fact, he might provide some leadership to the team. A car needs 4 tires to get it going.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wonder if some teams play games by releasing a player now, thinking other teams won't think much of them, only to get them back on their PS later. To avoid him getting claimed after the final cuts.

Not a player they think real high of right now, but a player they like but know they need a good year or so to make that leap to making the team. So they release as them now and take a chance they are still available later.

They Cowboys have signed a players back to the practice squad that were in the initial cuts; although, it has not happened often.

Bluefin

Reaction score
FB Joey Iosefa Univ. of Hawaii. Watched him here for the Warriors, a very physical guy.

We need a real FB, someone fierce.

Even if he stays on the practice squad most of this season, it would be a welcome addition.

Finding one that is willing to ball on special teams would also benefit.

dallasdave

Reaction score
ESPN | NFL Transactions

Carolina Panthers: Terminated the contract of OT Tony Hills. Waived DE Steve Miller, LB Kevin Reddick, TE Dallas Walker, FB Lee Ward, P Matt Wile and WRs Paul Browning and Avius Capers.

Kansas City Chiefs: Waived LS Andrew East, TE Adam Schiltz, G Marcus Reed, OT Anthony Dima, CBs Kenneth Penny and Aaron Hester, OL Charles Tuaau, DE Vaughn Martin and WRs Kenny Cook, Jeret Smith and L'Damian Washington.

New York Jets: Waived CB/KR Javier Arenas, OL James Brewer, C Dalton Freeman, LB Bryan Johnson, TE Matt LaCosse, CBs Curtis Brown and Keith Lewis and WRs DeVier Posey, T.J. Graham, Saalim Hakim, Austin Hill and Jonathon Rumph.

Philadelphia Eagles: Released CB Marc Anthony; S Brandan Bishop; OL Mike Coccia, Kevin Graf and Jared Wheeler; DEs Alfy Hill and Jeremy Towns; WRs Mike Johnson, G.J. Kinne and Josh Reese; LB Dasman McCullum; and Justin Tukes.

Arizona Cardinals: Released S Ross Weaver.

Houston texans:Released S Stevie Brown.

Jacksonville Jaguars: Waived WR Tandon Ross, LBs Mister Alexander and Khairir Fortt, DE Camaron Beard, OL Cody Booth and Jack Rummells, CB Tommie Campbell, S Desmond Cooper, DT Eric Crume, TEs Connor Hamlett, P Kasey Redfern and QB Jeff Tuel. Placed DE Dante Fowler Jr. and OT Josh Wells on injured reserve. Waived/injured WR Greg Jenkins.

Oakland Raiders: Waived S Jonathan Dowling.

Where are the RB's ?

Hoofbite

Reaction score

Remember a few people liking Ray Drew coming out.

Just dropping names via twitter? Talk about doing the absolute minimum when it comes to press releases. Most players probably hope their names comes out in an article that no one reads.