*** Official non-Cowboys player cuts thread *** merged ***

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Can he return kicks and play coverage ST? If so, then I'd be ok with it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Bills fans are absolutely pissed about this.

Despite his age, Fred Jackson is still a solid RB. If he was cheap, I'd give him a look due to his receiving abilities. Judging by preseason, he hasn't slowed down.

chicago JK

Reaction score
He was a name I brought up a few weeks ago. He does have a lot of tread on his tires. Although, he has been productive for a bad team for a long time. It seems like they have always tried to find another guy but sometime in the season Jackson from little Coe college would step in and wind up their best back. He hasn't run behing very good lines either.

You have to be careful due to the mileage but I thought he would be a guy you would need to trade for.

Gaede

Reaction score
Love Fred. Being in Ontario, see a lot of Bills games. All around back. Injuries have derailed him though

DFWJC

Reaction score
I'm always leary of guys that don't even make the first cut. Sometimes it's the team trying to give the guy a chance to hook on with another team. Sometimes there's a hidden injury. Sometimes the guy has just got to the point where he doesn't have it anymore.

I don't know if we should get Jackson.

But his early release is different than most...he is on the 1st cut list so someone can pick him up.
He is the most respected Buffalo player over the least several seasons, in and out of the locker room.

My only issue with him is that he has little tread left...and is also extremely injury prone at this stage of his career.
Always liked him though

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm always leary of guys that don't even make the first cut. Sometimes it's the team trying to give the guy a chance to hook on with another team. Sometimes there's a hidden injury. Sometimes the guy has just got to the point where he doesn't have it anymore.

I can understand that and majority of the time I feel that way as well but there are times that a team knowing they will release a player like Jackson does so sooner rather than later out of respect so that he is able to catch on with another team and get some time with the new team.

Deep_South

Reaction score
We haven't got much out of Dunbar, and we're going to draft a RB next year, so let's get him as a stopgap. Nothing against Dunbar at all, but it's time to move on, IMO.

reddyuta

Reaction score
not the case here,old fred can still play.

AbeBeta

Reaction score

They did it out if respect for the player. This isn't some 7th round pick or something. It is a guy who will see legit interest from several teams. They are doing him a favor

erod

Reaction score
Interesting.

It'd be him or McFadden, but not both.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Interesting.

It'd be him or McFadden, but not both.

I'd think it'd be him or Dunbar...or maybe even keep 4 and drop the 3rd QB.
McFadden absolutely can handle Dunbar's RB role.
Special teams on the other hand...

Again, not sure I'd even take him.
There will be a ton of back available in a few days if we wish to ad one.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
He still showed something in his last preseason game.

Guy understands pass protection and is a GREAT pass catcher.

dbonham

Reaction score
No, no, no. Two different backs for two different roles.

Dunbar does nothing but telegraph a screen/short pass. He doesn't run inside and that's not something we can afford with our RB situation