*** Official non-Cowboys player cuts thread *** merged ***

erod

Reaction score
Dunbar does nothing but telegraph a screen/short pass. He doesn't run inside and that's not something we can afford with our RB situation

He ran inside his entire college career, and he put 200 yards on Clemson behind the undersized, crappy North Texas offensive line.

You have him wrong.

Doesn't matter. The coaches LOVE Dunbar, and he's not going anywhere.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
He ran inside his entire college career, and he put 200 yards on Clemson behind the undersized, crappy North Texas offensive line.

You have him wrong.

coaches say they plan on playing him more each year yet never do. Frankly Randle or McFadden are better in passing situations.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
As much as I don't like our current RB situation... I still wouldn't want Jackson. He is old and slow.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
As much as I don't like our current RB situation... I still wouldn't want Jackson. He is old and slow.

He doesn't produce like he's old and slow. And it would only be a poor decision if we gave him some absurd long-term deal. I'd throw a one year deal at him, if he declines, shake hands and go your separate ways.

dbonham

Reaction score
It says a lot about Jackson that the entire NFL fanbase is shocked that a 34 year old running back was released

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

You have him wrong.

McFadden can do everything Dunbar can and then some. And unlike Dunbar, Fred Jackson can play running back too.

It's an easy choice for me.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're right. Only players with less than 4 years of service time are exposed to the waiver process.
Yes, at this time of year vested veterans are not subject to waivers. After the trade deadline until the end of the season, vested veterans are subject to waivers.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Has the smell of new regime coming in and showing Vets out the door.. Even though not interested..

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score

You have him wrong.

Few more fumbles and a couple of injuries that boy is done. They might love him but up until now he has contributed very little. You would get nothing for him in a trade, the staff aren't insane.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
there will be others available, which is what Stephen essentially has been waiting for the entire time. but i would definitely consider Jackson

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm always leary of guys that don't even make the first cut. Sometimes it's the team trying to give the guy a chance to hook on with another team. Sometimes there's a hidden injury. Sometimes the guy has just got to the point where he doesn't have it anymore.

I think when a long time player for a team is in the 1st round of cuts it's because they want to give him a better chance to find another team. If they are going to be cut anyway, the players prefer sooner rather than later.

FYI - You're leery (Leary is the the Cowboys LG).

erod

Reaction score
there will be others available, which is what Stephen essentially has been waiting for the entire time. but i would definitely consider Jackson

Keep an eye on Matt Forte. I think a trade could benefit both because the Bears are going nowhere this year.

Bears gotta eat some of that salary though.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I like Dunbar fine and felt better about McFadden and Randle after this game....but Fred Jackson can play and shouldn't be too terrible expensive as a bridge.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
i put this here since the boys are mentioned. I would bring this vet in today.
Bills released RB Fred Jackson.

This one is a shocker. Jackson missed most of training camp with a hamstring injury, but showed he still had juice in his legs in the third preseason game, rushing five times for 48 yards and a touchdown. Releasing Jackson suggests the Bills are confident Karlos Williams (illness) and LeSean McCoy (hamstring) will be ready Week 1. An eight-year veteran, Jackson has been with Buffalo his entire career. He should get a long look from teams in need of veteran running back help. The Cowboys, Browns and Patriots could make some sense.

MrMom

Reaction score
http://cowboysblog.***BANNED-URL***...nterest-in-rb-fred-jackson-at-this-time.html/

Source: Cowboys have no interest in RB Fred Jackson at this time
http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/d4a9d8c6a97a36f67be409903695e1b6?s=52&d=http%3A%2F%2Fres.***BANNED-URL***%2Fresources%2Fimages%2FSD-logo-50.jpg%3Fs%3D52&r=G
David Moore Follow @DavidMooreDMN Email dmoore@***BANNED-URL***
Published: August 31, 2015 10:20 am
Running back Fred Jackson was unexpectedly dropped on the free agent market Monday.

Don’t look for the Cowboys to pursue him.

A source said the club has no interest in Jackson at this time. The idea is to go into the season with a committee of Joseph Randle, Darren McFadden and Lance Dunbar handling the ground game.