Official non-PI Call Thread **merged**

Eric_Boyer

Reaction score
So you are saying that there should have been off-setting penalties and play the down again?

;)

yes, if we are going to study the minutia of every single call, that is how that one should of went.

but then the Bush touchdown will have to be reversed in the 1st quarter as I saw a huge jersey tug on that play as well.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yesterday Pereira stated he'd never seen the refs pick up the flag before. Then went into a diatribe about this being a crew that has not worked together, and used that as some flimsy excuse for his PI position on that play.

Am I mistaken here? I seem to recall as recently as the Washington game the refs picking up flags and stating "there was no infraction on the play."

Fact is I've seen this several times this year on games against the Cowboys.

Am I wrong here?

I've swear I've seen TD's reversed, PI awarded, spots where the ball placed changed.

One would suspect the reason they have so many refs is the extra eyes factor to correct mistakes.

Am I missing something here?

Pereira is worthless.

khiladi

Reaction score
Calvin Johnson also blocked his DB down field on the TD that Golden Tate scored, when the ball was in the air.

Hoov

Reaction score
Pettigrew pushed off at least twice - i dont know if that is in addition to theface mask grab or of that grab was one of the push offs i saw. Hitch had to slap hands away and get into minor handchecking and i beleive that he held the jersey for that little bit because pettigrew kept pushing him off.

The thing is that the game broadcasters have been saying all year that if you dont turn your head to look for the ball its going to get called which has somehow translated into the idea that any defender that doesnt trun his head should be automatic penalty.

If you dont interfere with the receiver - it doesnt matter that you dont turn around.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
So you are saying that there should have been off-setting penalties and play the down again?

;)

There was a tug on Hitchens facemask. That partially explains what happened. I would love to hear his side of the story.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
yes, if we are going to study the minutia of every single call, that is how that one should of went.

but then the Bush touchdown will have to be reversed in the 1st quarter as I saw a huge jersey tug on that play as well.

Agreed, and the PI thing has lost its luster now that the league just said they missed holding. Big deal--happens almost every play.

Lions fans that want to cry about a missed holding call can stick their heads in the toilet and flush. That's the weakest excuse one can give.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pettigrew pushed off at least twice - i dont know if that is in addition to theface mask grab or of that grab was one of the push offs i saw. Hitch had to slap hands away and get into minor handchecking and i beleive that he held the jersey for that little bit because pettigrew kept pushing him off.

The thing is that the game broadcasters have been saying all year that if you dont turn your head to look for the ball its going to get called which has somehow translated into the idea that any defender that doesnt trun his head should be automatic penalty.

If you dont interfere with the receiver - it doesnt matter that you dont turn around.

You can't turn your head if the receiver has his hand on your face mask.

Staubacher

Reaction score
If we keep advancing it won't go away unless something else happens that makes it seem like a Cowboy bias going on

Its our Brady Tuck Rule. Hopefully with the same Super Bowl ending lol

In that case though, the call really did literally prevent an Oakland win. In our case you still have to presume a number of possible scenarios to arrive at a guess of the ultimate game outcome

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yesterday Pereira stated he'd never seen the refs pick up the flag before. Then went into a diatribe about this being a crew that has not worked together, and used that as some flimsy excuse for his PI position on that play.

Am I mistaken here? I seem to recall as recently as the Washington game the refs picking up flags and stating "there was no infraction on the play."

Fact is I've seen this several times this year on games against the Cowboys.

Am I wrong here?

I've swear I've seen TD's reversed, PI awarded, spots where the ball placed changed.

One would suspect the reason they have so many refs is the extra eyes factor to correct mistakes.

Am I missing something here?

hitchens-pi-1.jpg

hitchens-pi-2.jpg