Official non-PI Call Thread **merged**

whynot

Reaction score
You can't turn your head if the receiver has his hand on your face mask.

If he could have turned his head, it's possibly an interception. Probably lucky it wasn't though, the shanked punt that followed gave us better field position.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Here's what I don't get on this call/non call. Hitchens has every right to be in position on the field. The ball hits his back, the receiver was in front of Hitch. He couldn't come back to the ball any way because he couldn't go through Hitch. Why call any thing?

Doomsay

Reaction score
We will have to beat the Packers and the refs next week, but that's nothing new.

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
I HATE HIM. He is WORSE than Faulk or SAS or any of the other Haters. Among other things he says it's the Cowboys so "we don't penalize them." This thread is NOT about the call in the game. It's about how anyone can be allowed to go on National TV where you INFLUENCE the weaker minds of non fans and fair weather fans with your unfounded and slanderous and libelous VITRIOL. I'm sorry I shouldn't get this worked up. But I had to vent. I LOATHE this man.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
Here's what I don't get on this call/non call. Hitchens has every right to be in position on the field. The ball hits his back, the receiver was in front of Hitch. He couldn't come back to the ball any way because he couldn't go through Hitch. Why call any thing?

The penalty should never have been called in the first place...Hitchens did not face guard, which is not a penalty in pro football only college level, and Stafford threw a bad pass that hit Hitchens in the middle of the back...Dallas is the one that got hosed on that play by not having a penalty called on the Detroit receiver for grabbing Hitchens face mask...

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
I HATE HIM. He is WORSE than Faulk or SAS or any of the other Haters. Among other things he says it's the Cowboys so "we don't penalize them." This thread is NOT about the call in the game. It's about how anyone can be allowed to go on National TV where you INFLUENCE the weaker minds of non fans and fair weather fans with your unfounded and slanderous and libelous VITRIOL. I'm sorry I shouldn't get this worked up. But I had to vent. I LOATHE this man.

I've actually heRd him say more better things than Fulk

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
No reason to vent.

He's right.

We're the Cowboys and we don't get penalized.

It burns him up...and there's nothing he can do about it.

YR

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
He's a big time hater. I've read him for years as a columnist for the Wash post. He makes no apologies about his hate on PTI... Chicago dude.. but hates the Cowboys.

links18

Reaction score
Are there media people who are actually pushing the line that there was some kind of conspiracy? I mean bad calls happen in every game, but a conspiracy to help the Cowboys? Has our culture sunk that low?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you're watching him, he's winning.

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
No reason to vent.

He's right.

We're the Cowboys and we don't get penalized.

It burns him up...and there's nothing he can do about it.

YR

I don't know what game you were watching but every penalty hitherto that point was killing us.

Second, we lost the Giants Divisional game in 2007 IMO bc of a ticky tack grounding call against Romo.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. He doesn't have to like our team. He can say what he wants as long as it' sjust not WRONG. To say that it's the cowboys and we never get penalized is WRONG. To say that that one play lost the game for the Lions is also WRONG. You can say it MAY have... but to conclusively say YES? That's why I get heated.

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
Are there media people who are actually pushing the line that there was some kind of conspiracy? I mean bad calls happen in every game, but a conspiracy to help the Cowboys? Has our culture sunk that low?

That's my point, yep...

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
The penalty should never have been called in the first place...Hitchens did not face guard, which is not a penalty in pro football only college level, and Stafford threw a bad pass that hit Hitchens in the middle of the back...Dallas is the one that got hosed on that play by not having a penalty called on the Detroit receiver for grabbing Hitchens face mask...

That's how I see it. The WR wasn't going to catch it any way because it hit the defender who was in position to defend.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score

Yes. I was listening to the Fan here in Dallas, and John Feinstein (the national guy in those CBS news flashes) talked about the penalties, then mentioned Green Bay / Cowboys ratings v SEA/DET ratings.

gdogg24

Reaction score
Wilbon was spewing the haterade! I've never seen so much crying on the airwaves! "The Lions got hosed!" Haha he probably spent the commercial breaks wiping his tears

Last edited:

links18

Reaction score
That's my point, yep...

Sad, I guess a world where everything is controlled by malevolent powers behind the scene is more comforting than one in which sometimes people in authority just screw up or just flat out don't know what they are doing. (I am not saying the call was incorrect in the extant case).

DFWJC

Reaction score

Your weaker minds comment is real.

I've seen someone say something preposterously dumb and off base on TV during the day and I'd then be out that night and hear someone regurgitate it as if it is stone cold fact.

It's the norm more than some realize.