Official "Who do want to win between Philly and Washington next week" Thread

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
No meteors, please. I'll be in the stadium (wearing my blue and silver, of course).

I usually passively pull for the Eagles in this game, but I haven't decided which way I'm going to go yet. Once I get to FedEx, the sight of all the annoying Skins fans is too much to bear and I start pulling for an embarrasing rout.

Is it mean to say I'll be rooting for injuries?

TheHustler

Reaction score
For the sake of the Monday Night game vs Us, I hope Philly wins, I don't see them losing 3 games in a row (they just lose to denver).

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I hope Philly wins (argh did I just say that!!) because I think a win for Washington would shift the momentum to them as the team to beat...
Right now they are just a team to slap around a little...

Philly is damaged goods.... let them have one for the good of the whole and whole being ==> Dallas !

Hiero

Reaction score
i'd rather have the skins win. because I think the eagles are the better team, and it would help us more to have them get a division loss. the skins imo will fall apart on their own. skins beating the eagles could be the just the jab they need, so we can come finish them off with the knockout blow. if the eagles lose the next two they are in bigtime trouble of evne making the playoffs.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hiero said:
i'd rather have the skins win. because I think the eagles are the better team, and it would help us more to have them get a division loss. the skins imo will fall apart on their own. skins beating the eagles could be the just the jab they need, so we can come finish them off with the knockout blow. if the eagles lose the next two they are in bigtime trouble of evne making the playoffs.

I agree and looking at the Skins schedule I see more potential loses. Philly is a team that is about to hit rock bottom and I don't want to see them get a second life

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Philly. Like another poster said, win or lose I believe Philly will hang around no matter what. I think a loss would be more damaging to the Commanders.

austintodallas

Consider Yourself Sucked
Reaction score
No doubt I hope Philly wins big...

1) I would not want the Boys facing a desperate Eagles team at home coming off 2 straight losses. Much rather have the Eagles feeling chipper about themselves and then smack them in the mouth (again).

2) After that Giants beat down, another demoralizing loss for the Skins to a division rival might be just enough to send them into a season ending tailspin.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Philly - because it would help us with the Skins beating us.
It would relieve the pressure of the Eagles having to win the next week. :starspin

DC Cowboy

Reaction score
CowboyChris said:
as much as i hate to say this, i hope Wash wins, time to bury the Eagles while there is a chance, the Eagles are still probably the most talented team in the division, i like our chances more if it came down between the Giants, Commanders and us.

Same here, it actually pains me to root for the Skins but I have to. The Eagles need to loose. I think if they loose the Skins game they will implode. This is truly a case where you should KICK this team while they are down. :lmao:

lcharles

Negativity King
Reaction score
I hate the Commanders more than any other team. philly BIG I hope.

then we beat Philly! :p:

Gordon

Reaction score
My first thought was the Commanders since they pose less of a threat to us and as someone mentioned, we need to bury Philly while we still can, but Hostile brought up a very good point...

We hold the tiebreaker over the Eagles right now, and if they were to lose to the Skins, that would be 2 straight losses going into the game against the Cowboys. These Eagles are way too talented to lose 3 straight.

Plus, I hate the Skins more.. Go Eagles.

Verdict

Reaction score
I want to see the "class of the NFC" get beat and see a little more dirt kicked on them. The only caveat to this would be IF McNabb were lost for the season then I would hope for a Skin victory.

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Hostile said:
I want Philly to win because we hold the tie breaker over them right now in head to head and I don't believe they'd lose 3 in a row.
Good thinking, and gotta agree, but the thought of the Skins taking two consecutive beatings from a division rival is just so appealing.

And whoever wins, I am hoping it's the ultimate Pyrrhic Victory. ;)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
LaTunaNostra said:
Good thinking, and gotta agree, but the thought of the Skins taking two consecutive beatings from a division rival is just so appealing.

And whoever wins, I am hoping it's the ultimate Pyrrhic Victory. ;)
Nice job on the Pyrrhic victory angle. I like it. I just hope when we go to Philly, we are healthy, rested, hungry and get Draconian on them.

:wink2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Nice job on the Pyrrhic victory angle. I like it. I just hope when we go to Philly, we are healthy, rested, hungry and get Draconian on them.

:wink2:

I would think Philly would be the last team we would need to be concerned about players getting up for. They have whipped us and humiliated us in the past and I think Dallas will be more than ready for Philly.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Hey, look at it this way, one of them will definitely lose and fall to 4-4. :) I've gone back and forth about this. The Giants get the 49ers next week so, no matter what happens, they'll probably be 7-2 at out in front. Could have been us if we didn't blow three games that we should have won. :mad:

rynochop

Reaction score
As mentioned...i'm not scared of the Commanders so i'd rather they win. The tiebreaker has me torn though.

phdefense

Reaction score
Eagles
due to the fact that the Pontamac Drainage Basin Indigenous Pesrons have already won a game vs the Cowboys

juck

Reaction score
Who should we route for?i dont think it matters much either way.i have a funny feeling eagles are going down tho.Mcchunky is hurt,its so obvious.I am thinking that philly is going to start losing more games,they looked horrible against denver.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Well, we could all hope for the "Black Sunday" scenario, perhaps McQuire will eat one too many brats causing a chain reaction with all the hot air in Theismann's empty head, add one open flame or spark and BOOM!

If someone has to win, I'd prefer Philly to not be coming off two straight losses going into MNF.