Official Rhein Fire Thread

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Tomsula better pull Bowenkamp before they're down by 21 before the half.

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
How does the QB rotation work? Does the coach get to decide everything, or is it out of his control?

So, this is how its gone so far

1. Henson
2. Bowenkamp

Does Bowenkamp play until the end of the 3rd, and then Henson takes over for the rest of the game?

cowboyfan4life_mark

5 outta 8 ain't bad
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
How does the QB rotation work? Does the coach get to decide everything, or is it out of his control?

1. Henson
2. Bowenkamp

Does Bowenkamp play until the end of the 3rd, and then Henson takes over for the rest of the game?
I believe Henson will do all of the 2nd half.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:

1. Henson
2. Bowenkamp

I know it's a "developmental league" but I don't understand how the NFL thinks Europeans will pick up the game and root for their local teams if coaches can't play the best players. Can you imagine watching a Cowboys game and Roy Williams suddenly has to leave in the 2nd quarter! :eek:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Actually this is quite cool, Drew will get to play from behind in the 2nd half. Which is a situation he hasn't had to do in NFLE yet.

The more different situations he gets to see the better.

rcaldw

Reaction score
Jarv said:
Actually this is quite cool, Drew will get to play from behind in the 2nd half. Which is a situation he hasn't had to do in NFLE yet.

And the more passes he should get to throw too

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
cowboyfan4life_mark said:
I believe Henson will do all of the 2nd half.

Good, we get to see more of Henson. Thank you.

Henson's Stats

Att.| Comp. | TD | Yards | Rating | INT

8 5 0 89 100.5 0

Courtesy of nfleurope.com

DragonCowboy

Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
I know it's a "developmental league" but I don't understand how the NFL thinks Europeans will pick up the game and root for their local teams if coaches can't play the best players. Can you imagine watching a Cowboys game and Roy Williams suddenly has to leave in the 2nd quarter! :eek:

exactly! What does it feels like when the best player gets pulled?! I have a feeling this is more of a rivalry, such as Texas vs. California, or U.S. vs. Mexico, between two close countries or even cities.

These fans must be just looking for ways to say, "Haha, we're better than you"

Oh yeah, how 'bout them Spurs :bow: Nowitzki is a beast!!

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Jarv said:

Do NFL Europe coaches care about winning? If the Fire went down 21-7, would he still pass more than run since he is obligated to equally develop all his players.

Juke99

...Abbey someone
Reaction score
DragonCowboy said:
See, I don't understand these Henson Haters.

Henson is our #3 QB, with basically all the tools we would need in a QB. Even though he is playing so well in NFLE, ppl are still trying to throw him overboard.

I think they must be looking for the second coming of Dan Marino...Henson is supposed to drop back and complete 89 yard bombs on every play.

Fact of the matter is, we all know he has the physical potential...

I am thrilled to see how calmly he is managing games.

That's what I was looking to see.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Man.... this is my first NFL Europe game to watch in a while and some of these players are baaaadd. These backups QBs have all been awful. Terrible, terrible decision making.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:
Man.... this is my first NFL Europe game to watch in a while and some of these players are baaaadd. These backups QBs have all been awful. Terrible, terrible decision making.

and this is why i had so many concerns from NFLE - it's a bad league with last grasp players with a few prospects sprinkeled in.

people will compare *this* league to the NFL and think performance should be the same or even better and when not, they pull a heavyhitter31 and cry he sucks even though they never watched the game.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Bowenkamp actually reminds me of a former nfl qb, Babe Laufenburgh! He makes the injured Timmy Chang look like Steve Beurlein.

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
TruBlueCowboy said:

I cant even watch these games any more, they are about as interesting and exciting as the LPGA tour.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
JustSayNotoTO said:
I cant even watch these games any more, they are about as interesting and exciting as the LPGA tour.

Then just watch the Masters today...:D

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I don't know how any Cowboy fan can't enjoy watching when Henson is in there.