Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
thekavorka;2084152 said:
the first two things that immediately come to mind is of course the nash play as well has horry trying to bite stackhouse(i think it was stack). i mean, biting someone? what the hell

you mean when Nash threw himself half way across San Antonio after a slight nudge by Horry?

Bruce pulled a Nash tonight.....Paul barely pushed him, and Bowen lunged himself like he was shot from a cannon......it was a classic sell job....Nash would have been proud.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score

ajk23az

Reaction score
Biggems;2084159 said:
Great job by Horry. West is a punk female dog
GO SPURS GO

Another typical response by a fan that was terrified his beloved team was on the brink of elimination, figures it was on a guy that has been spectacular against the Spurs. Pure cheap shot. Show me one other time Horry has EVER set a screen like that??? You can see he lunged into Wests back. You don't set a screen LET ALONE a blind screen on someones back when they are in the air. Manu was already in the air and wasn't driving either. My team didn't even make the playoffs so I am not biased.

Pretty obvious & pathetic by Horry, but its been the a part of the Spurs for a loooonggg time.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ajk23az;2084652 said:
Another typical response by a fan that was terrified his beloved team was on the brink of elimination, figures it was on a guy that has been spectacular against the Spurs. Pure cheap shot. Show me one other time Horry has EVER set a screen like that??? You can see he lunged into Wests back. You don't set a screen LET ALONE a blind screen on someones back when they are in the air. Manu was already in the air and wasn't driving either. My team didn't even make the playoffs so I am not biased.

Pretty obvious & pathetic by Horry, but its been the a part of the Spurs for a loooonggg time.

nothing cheap about the play, except the sell job by West. what a punk.

BTW, maybe Scott should remove his star players when the game is no longer within reach. West was hurt. He should have had the 4th quarter off.

Chandler did the same thing to Parker in game 5, no one said a word about that one. In fact, the Hornets have been completely mauling and abusing Parker all series, and it has become acceptable. Everyone just ignores the beating he is taking and not getting even 1/4 the calls that Paul is getting.

I have seen so many picks like the one Horry set since I started watching the NBA back in the early 80s...this is a standard play. the only reason anyone gives a rats now is cause it happened to the media darling hornets, it happened to an injured west, and it happened at the hands of the spurs.

I promise you, had Duncan been the injured player and West been in Horry's position on the play....no one would have cried foul. everyone would have said it was a tough, hardnosed playoff pick. they would have said unfortunately duncan was hurt, but there was nothing malicious from west.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with the play but man as Spurs fans classless, how are you going to chant the name of a guy that just put a player on the ground that is writhing in pain? That's some Eagles BS right there.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
TheCount;2084718 said:
I don't have a problem with the play but man as Spurs fans classless, how are you going to chant the name of a guy that just put a player on the ground that is writhing in pain? That's some Eagles BS right there.

Cause West went down no one knew if he was truly hurt or just trying to buy a call, once he stayed down the chant stopped. It was a great pick by Horry, and helped Manu score.

Its like in hockey or football, when u get a nice hit the fans cheer even if the other player goes down hard.....but if the player stays down, the cheering stops.

West has been acting like a punk all series. He has been whining and crying all series. He has also been overexaggerating fouls against him.

ajk23az

Reaction score
zrinkill;2084708 said:
:laugh2:

Spurs rivals will say anything.

Nash is my favorite player since I am a PG. And I live in AZ (for 2 years) but am not a Suns fan. Sorry ...

ajk23az

Reaction score
Biggems;2084714 said:
nothing cheap about the play, except the sell job by West. what a punk.

BTW, maybe Scott should remove his star players when the game is no longer within reach. West was hurt. He should have had the 4th quarter off.

Chandler did the same thing to Parker in game 5, no one said a word about that one. In fact, the Hornets have been completely mauling and abusing Parker all series, and it has become acceptable. Everyone just ignores the beating he is taking and not getting even 1/4 the calls that Paul is getting.

I have seen so many picks like the one Horry set since I started watching the NBA back in the early 80s...this is a standard play. the only reason anyone gives a rats now is cause it happened to the media darling hornets, it happened to an injured west, and it happened at the hands of the spurs.

I promise you, had Duncan been the injured player and West been in Horry's position on the play....no one would have cried foul. everyone would have said it was a tough, hardnosed playoff pick. they would have said unfortunately duncan was hurt, but there was nothing malicious from west.

THERE WAS 10 MINUTES LEFT IN THE GAME! I've seen stranger things happen.

Lets see the replay of the Parker/Chandler incident...dont just say it, show some proof...

That would be a fan's typical answer blaming the refs and the Hornets had it out for them. Fact is, the Spurs have a rep of cheap shots and theres no denying it.

ajk23az

Reaction score
Biggems;2084732 said:
Cause West went down no one knew if he was truly hurt or just trying to buy a call, once he stayed down the chant stopped. It was a great pick by Horry, and helped Manu score.

Its like in hockey or football, when u get a nice hit the fans cheer even if the other player goes down hard.....but if the player stays down, the cheering stops.

West has been acting like a punk all series. He has been whining and crying all series. He has also been overexaggerating fouls against him.

You don't set a BACKSCREEN on someone that is IN THE AIR!! Have you ever played basketball in your life!!?!? It is just like undercutting someone, YOU DONT DO IT...

West has been owning the Spurs in the series and the Spurs fans were glad he got hurt, since the Hornets need him to win game 7. and I'm sure you have no sympathy for him either.

ajk23az

Reaction score
Biggems;2084732 said:

EVERY professional that has a reputation as a good player in the NBA complains and whines and exaggerates calls. Duncan does it, Manu does it, Parker does it...everyone does it, not JUST West.

Next game, watch how many times Duncan goes to the floor and will put his hands up in dismay and look at the refs.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ajk23az;2084746 said:
You don't set a BACKSCREEN on someone that is IN THE AIR!! Have you ever played basketball in your life!!?!? It is just like undercutting someone, YOU DONT DO IT...

West has been owning the Spurs in the series and the Spurs fans were glad he got hurt, since the Hornets need him to win game 7. and I'm sure you have no sympathy for him either.

West wasnt in the air...if he had been and Horry hit him, it would have been a flagrant, probably a flagrant 2. Horry would have been ejected, the hornets would have shot two technicals, and then received the ball. It was an excellent screen, nothing dirty about it. Also, to bring undercutting into this as an example is insanely foolish. What horry did was an honest pick...not even in the same hemisphere as undercutting someone.

the only reason everyone is whining is because west got hurt.

btw, West has had 2 bad games in this series.

I have no sympathy for West or the Hornets. I just dont. No one had sympathy for Tim when he played games 1 & 2 with a high fever, flu, and migraine. No one had sympathy for the Spurs when Tim was playing with plantar fasciatis in 2006. No one was giving the Spurs sympathy when Derek Anderson was undercut and injured against the Mavs and the Lakers beat us the next round in 2004.

No one had sympathy for the Lakers when they lost Magic and Scott against the Pistons. No one had sympathy for the Wizards when they had to play without Arenas.

Sympathy is for the weak. Injuries and illness happen. You deal with the cards you have. If you are good enough to win, so be it. If you lose, so be it.

As a Spurs fan, I have seen the Spurs on the Hornets side of things many times. No one gave us sympathy, and I don't want it either. We watched our team grow and mature and become champions and the model for the rest of the league.

The Hornets want to climb to where we are and be that franchise.....if they want it...game 7 is there...they need to take it.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Biggems;2084732 said:

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly but when he first went down they were cheering, and it wasn't till after he had been down for a little bit and hadn't gotten up that they started chanting Horry's name.

Biggems;2084732 said:

See above, but I think it's more customary to boo a player if you think he's faking, not to chant the name of the guy that laid him out after he's already laying on the ground and hasn't made an attempt to get up.

Biggems;2084732 said:

The Spurs do this as well as anyone else, I wouldn't be so quick to point the finger.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ajk23az;2084752 said:
EVERY professional that has a reputation as a good player in the NBA complains and whines and exaggerates calls. Duncan does it, Manu does it, Parker does it...everyone does it, not JUST West.

Next game, watch how many times Duncan goes to the floor and will put his hands up in dismay and look at the refs.

Until this series, I thought Duncan whined more than anyone in the league. I am a Spurs fans, I see all 82 games of his whine in the regular season....and then all the postseason whine. You dont need to bring up his whine to me. I know full well about his trail of tears.

But, I found 2 players that put Duncan to shame in the whine dept.....Paul and West......also, Manu looks like an beginner at flopping when compared to Paul.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
TheCount;2084766 said:
Maybe I'm not remembering correctly but when he first went down they were cheering, and it wasn't till after he had been down for a little bit and hadn't gotten up that they started chanting Horry's name.

See above, but I think it's more customary to boo a player if you think he's faking, not to chant the name of the guy that laid him out after he's already laying on the ground and hasn't made an attempt to get up.

The Spurs do this as well as anyone else, I wouldn't be so quick to point the finger.

did u see Bowen.....he pulled a steve nash last night.....i was cracking up. In the 3rd on one of those offensive fouls on Paul. Paul pushed up, but Bowen acted like he was shot out of a cannon and got the call......Nash would have been so proud of Bruce. Nash showed him how it was done in game 3 of last years playoff game.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ajk23az;2084746 said:
You don't set a BACKSCREEN on someone that is IN THE AIR!!

Wow ...... they have now resorted to making things up.

He was not in the air.

ajk23az

Reaction score
Biggems;2084762 said:
West wasnt in the air...if he had been and Horry hit him, it would have been a flagrant, probably a flagrant 2. Horry would have been ejected, the hornets would have shot two technicals, and then received the ball. It was an excellent screen, nothing dirty about it. Also, to bring undercutting into this as an example is insanely foolish. What horry did was an honest pick...not even in the same hemisphere as undercutting someone.

the only reason everyone is whining is because west got hurt.

btw, West has had 2 bad games in this series.

I have no sympathy for West or the Hornets. I just dont. No one had sympathy for Tim when he played games 1 & 2 with a high fever, flu, and migraine. No one had sympathy for the Spurs when Tim was playing with plantar fasciatis in 2006. No one was giving the Spurs sympathy when Derek Anderson was undercut and injured against the Mavs and the Lakers beat us the next round in 2004.

No one had sympathy for the Lakers when they lost Magic and Scott against the Pistons. No one had sympathy for the Wizards when they had to play without Arenas.

Sympathy is for the weak. Injuries and illness happen. You deal with the cards you have. If you are good enough to win, so be it. If you lose, so be it.

As a Spurs fan, I have seen the Spurs on the Hornets side of things many times. No one gave us sympathy, and I don't want it either. We watched our team grow and mature and become champions and the model for the rest of the league.

The Hornets want to climb to where we are and be that franchise.....if they want it...game 7 is there...they need to take it.

Look at it again buddy...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ba...lt=Auzw2v4q8dkw9Jdt129xsK05nYcB?urn=nba,82847

He is CLEARLY IN THE AIR when Horry hit him. CLEARLY...I dont know what your looking at.

Hell, high fever and flu? I played junior high basketball games with a high fever and flu, these guys are getting paid multi millions, they should tough that out...

You are just like a Patriots fan in football....doesnt care what they have to do to win as long as they do it...whatever it takes eh?

Pitiful..

ajk23az

Reaction score
zrinkill;2084788 said:
Wow ...... they have now resorted to making things up.

He was not in the air.

Pause it at the 10 second mark in the link i just posted...that says otherwise....

West is jumping in the air to deflect the pass...and Horrys "screen" comes in the air...

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
ajk23az;2084746 said:

It's no where near as dramatic as you're making it sound:

35bd0yu.gif

I do play basketball and that is a perfectly legit screen.

If West's back wasn't already fragile, it would have been "play on" and a complete non-issue. If he was really that gimpy where a bump like that knocks him out, then he shouldn't have been out there.

I will say, to his credit, that West isn't complaining about the hit. Paul and Chandler are, and to a lesser extent Scott is, but West is being a man here. I don't think he "flopped" or "oversold" it either. I just think his back is jacked up now.