Official San Antonio Spurs Thread

MC KAos

Reaction score
Danny White;2084080 said:
People wonder why the home teams are winning all these games?

Just look at how differently fouls are called from arena to arena. We weren't getting ANYTHING two nights ago... tonight we're getting all the calls.

I'm glad we're finally getting some calls, but the Refs need to be more consistent.

StylisticS;2084091 said:
Which is why the NBA turns me off at times. I know all the leagues have it's problems. But the NBA has the worse officials of all the four major pro sport leagues in the US.

Tonight though, Manu is murdering the Hornets.

what are you talking about, the nba refs are great............................

nyet10011172156.jpeg

FOR ME TO POOP ON!

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2084110 said:
the refs are absolutely consistent.........the home team is getting the calls.....well chris paul too......tonight was the first night in several times I have seen Paul this year, that he had several calls go against him. they were all legit calls too.....

esp. those offensive fouls, he's been using his forearm on drives this whole series

MC KAos

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2084125 said:
esp. those offensive fouls, he's been using his forearm on drives this whole series

thank you! i thought i was the only one noticing this! i still wouldnt bet on us winning game seven though, if i had to put my life on a team winning that game id bet on the hornets, unless the spurs knew i would die if they didnt win of course.

thekavorka

Reaction score
Danny White;2084122 said:
Seriously... they should outlaw the screen.

West was jumping back. If Horry was standing STRAIGHT, I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

Horry clearly leaned forward into West's back

thekavorka

Reaction score
no bitter tears here

where did i say who i wanted to win the series. i dont care who wins. go back and look at my posts throughout the series. hell, i even commented on how the hornets are punks

MC KAos

Reaction score
thekavorka;2084136 said:
no bitter tears here

where did i say who i wanted to win the series. i dont care who wins. go back and look at my posts throughout the series. hell, i even commented on how the hornets are punks

dear kavorka,

dont F*** with horry or the spurs....

sincerely,

CIA POP and the spurs mafia

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
thekavorka;2084132 said:
West was jumping back. If Horry was standing STRAIGHT, I wouldn't have had a problem with it.

Horry clearly leaned forward into West's back

I think he was bracing himself for the contact, but it's hard to tell.

35bd0yu.gif

In any event, it clearly wasn't malicious.

MC KAos

Reaction score
no but seriously, i think horry was just bracing for the impact, he didnt really move before west jumped up in the air to deflect the ball, he was just setting a screen, i really dont see how thats a dirty play

thekavorka

Reaction score
i think it's tough to tell if he was leaning forward or bracing for impact (probably both). but with horry's history, i dont know if i can give him the benefit of the doubt

MC KAos

Reaction score
thekavorka;2084144 said:
i think it's tough to tell if he was leaning forward or bracing for impact (probably both). but with horry's history, i dont know if i can give him the benefit of the doubt

what history?

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
MC KAos;2084129 said:
thank you! i thought i was the only one noticing this! i still wouldnt bet on us winning game seven though, if i had to put my life on a team winning that game id bet on the hornets, unless the spurs knew i would die if they didnt win of course.

I agree. I don't think we'll win game 7 simply because of how the games have been officiated on behalf of the home teams.

You never know, though. The Spurs have been on top in all three games in NO, so if we can manage the calls, and not slump in the 3rd as we have in the other 3 games, then maybe we can pull one out there.

Should be great basketball!

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
thekavorka;2084144 said:

I have a hard time disagreeing with that. :laugh2:

He is a crafty old bastid!

MC KAos

Reaction score
Danny White;2084149 said:
I have a hard time disagreeing with that. :laugh2:

He is a crafty old bastid!

i guess but he doesnt seem like the kind of guy that would try to hurt someone deliberately no matter how much suns fans try to make you believe he wanted to kill nash. besides that i cant think of any other reason why you could label horry as a dirty player who tries to hurt people

thekavorka

Reaction score
MC KAos;2084150 said:
i guess but he doesnt seem like the kind of guy that would try to hurt someone deliberately no matter how much suns fans try to make you believe he wanted to kill nash. besides that i cant think of any other reason why you could label horry as a dirty player who tries to hurt people

the first two things that immediately come to mind is of course the nash play as well has horry trying to bite stackhouse(i think it was stack). i mean, biting someone? what the hell

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
MC KAos;2084150 said:

I didn't say he was dirty or that he tries to hurt people... but he does do what it takes to get the advantage.

He can't beat you with his brawn, so he has to use his brain. He knows every trick in the book, and he's gonna use them all. Bowen is very similar.

They're the guys you hate if they're on the other team, but if they're on your team you love them because they make the small plays that make all the difference between winning and losing.

MC KAos

Reaction score
thekavorka;2084152 said:
the first two things that immediately come to mind is of course the nash play as well has horry trying to bite stackhouse(i think it was stack). i mean, biting someone? what the hell

HAHAHA YOUR SERIOUS??? thats kind of funny! normally i would say thats pretty lame but i dont think i hate a player more than i hate stackhouse....well, maybe jason terry and karl malone

Danny White;2084154 said:
I didn't say he was dirty or that he tries to hurt people... but he does do what it takes to get the advantage.

He can't beat you with his brawn, so he has to use his brain. He knows every trick in the book, and he's gonna use them all. Bowen is very similar.

They're the guys you hate if they're on the other team, but if they're on your team you love them because they make the small plays that make all the difference between winning and losing.

very true

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
these are millionaire grown men out there......so what if horry leaned into his back. If west was that badly hurt, he should have been on the bench or in the lockerroom getting treatment.

this is a high intensity game and it was a good hard screen. We see these types of plays all the time. What, are the Spurs supposed to not screen West, cause he is injured? That is insane. I would screen him over and over and over and wear him down. I would punish his back with screens. It isn't dirty, it is tactful.

That is like telling a boxer not to hit a guy in the face if he is bleeding.

Great job by Horry. West is a punk female dog, who whines and gripes and throws a tantrum whenever he cant get his way.....He can dish it all series long, but he cant take it when it goes against him........same with Paul.

GO SPURS GO