Official Soccer/Football thread

Dave the Sicilian

Reaction score
Juventus is risin' up again :)
Great win against Roma yesterday and of course great Alex Del Piero witha free kick stunning gol!!!

thekavorka

Reaction score
old man del piero is still awesome. that goal against real madrid last week was amazing.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Arsenal loses five valuable points last week, two to Tottenham I believe at home in a 4-4 tie in which they led 4-2 and then three away to Stoke in a 2-1loss.

PSG is doing relatively well this year, won in Marseille but then blew the next two. File that in the "huh" file

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2397354 said:
Arsenal loses five valuable points last week, two to Tottenham I believe at home in a 4-4 tie in which they led 4-2 and then three away to Stoke in a 2-1 loss.

Arsenal are a team with no bottle.

When they can pass the ball around and dominate teams they look like world beaters, when it comes down to a battle, they go awol.

They have a sulky git as captain, who just throws his toys out of the pram when things go wrong.

It was obvious last season that they needed a solid centre half, and what do they do, get rid of Senderos (which is OK), but replace him with a reject from Man Utd.

The most annoying thing for Arsenal fans must be that they are probably only a couple of players away from being genuine challengers, however this being Arsenal they either won't spend the money or pay the wages to get them.

That said, they're still much better than Spurs.
:laugh2:

thekavorka

Reaction score
gun__1226159596_NEW_NASRI.jpg

<3

jem88

Reaction score
thekavorka;2408322 said:

That match sucked today. Nasri is amazing though. I'm really starting to question whether Berbatov has made United better. He has moments of sublime genius - the turn and assist against West Ham a few weeks ago - but he drifts in and out too much. I think Tevez is more influential.

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
thekavorka;2388502 said:
arsenal is done for the season. next week's game against ManU is going to be a massacre.

Perhaps not.....ABMU! :)

Arch Stanton

it was the grave marked unknown right beside
Reaction score
jem88;2408354 said:
That match sucked today. Nasri is amazing though. I'm really starting to question whether Berbatov has made United better. He has moments of sublime genius - the turn and assist against West Ham a few weeks ago - but he drifts in and out too much. I think Tevez is more influential.

IMO that was the best and most entertaining game of the year. The result helped. :laugh2:

thekavorka

Reaction score
yeah, they really displayed the spirit i was looking for all season. now i just want some consistency. hopefully, this will be the turning point of the season.

we still have to play villa, man city, and chelsea (away) this month.

i'm hoping for 7 points out of those 3 games. but with our luck, we'll end up losing to wigan

jem88

Reaction score
thekavorka;2408809 said:
yeah, they really displayed the spirit i was looking for all season. now i just want some consistency. hopefully, this will be the turning point of the season.

we still have to play villa, man city, and chelsea (away) this month.

i'm hoping for 7 points out of those 3 games. but with our luck, we'll end up losing to wigan
Arsenal has incredible attacking talent, but they need to find their new Vieira (admittedly easier said than done.) Flamini was very good last year but they couldn't keep him.

I think Vela is their striking future, probably alongside Adebayor (whom I think is slightly overrated.) Van Persie is too injury-prone and it's impossible to tell if and when Eduardo will return to his previous standard.

They must make sure they can keep Fabregas. He, Nasri, Denilson and Walcott are their mid-field attacking future.

They also need to upgrade their keeper. Almunia is a joker. Maybe Fabianski will be the real deal.

Finally, I think they need to take the captaincy away from Gallas. I'd give it to Fabregas.

With all that in mind, it's hard to see Arsenal winning the Premiership, this year or the next.

thekavorka

Reaction score
jem88;2408845 said:
Arsenal has incredible attacking talent, but they need to find their new Vieira (admittedly easier said than done.) Flamini was very good last year but they couldn't keep him.

we've been making a play for xabi alonso and liverpool was very close to agreeing on a deal as long as they could get garreth barry. didn't happen so we don't have alonso.

i think we'll continue to try for alonso or toulalan.

or maybe even yaya toure if he wants to play with his brother. unfortunately, yaya says he's happy at barcelona. who wouldn't be happy there.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I watched that game live and it was a stunning strike, you do not hit a ball any cleaner than that.

Great result for the Gers yesterday, great performance and a solid 4-0 win.

thekavorka

Reaction score
jem88;2419297 said:
This guy should be starting for the first team. His goals are stunning...

not sure why he isn't getting more playing time.

we **** the bed against villa today. there is just no consistency in this team.

we played a 4-5-1 initially with Bendtner up front (adebayor is a little banged up but later came on as a sub). Bendtner has got to be our worst attacking option. i have no idea what wenger sees in him.

vela was later subbed on for bendtner, but by then, it was too late.