Official Soccer/Football thread

jem88

Reaction score
thekavorka;2228217 said:
Berbatov is really overrated. that's a fairly expensive signing. Man City got a great deal with Robinho in comparison.

and it looks like Man City is the new chelsea.

Berbatov is far better than Robinho and they got him for less.

thekavorka

Reaction score
jem88;2254888 said:
Berbatov is far better than Robinho and they got him for less.

well, i disagree. I don't think Berbatov is better than Robinho. And this has nothing to do with him being on Tottenham previously.

And really, it doesn't matter how much the Man City owners spend on players. This is peanuts for them. They could probably buy Chelsea and ManU 10x over if they wanted to.

It may screw up the rest of the transfer market, but Man City doesn't care since they have the richest owners.

jem88

Reaction score
thekavorka;2254911 said:
well, i disagree. I don't think Berbatov is better than Robinho. And this has nothing to do with him being on Tottenham previously.

And really, it doesn't matter how much the Man City owners spend on players. This is peanuts for them. They could probably buy Chelsea and ManU 10x over if they wanted to.

It may screw up the rest of the transfer market, but Man City doesn't care since they have the richest owners.
Robinho obviously is a mouth-watering talent, but he's yet to put it together in Europe, whereas Berbatov has performed well in arguably the best league around. Beautiful set-up for Tevez today.

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I think Robinho is a better player than Berbatov as wel, Berbatov has proved himself to be great in the premiership but Robinho will do the same IMO. He is younger, just as skillful and not as lazy.

Berbatov created Man U's goal today but he hardly touched the ball after that, United are a shadow of themselves when Ronaldo doesn't play.

jem88

Reaction score
gazmc_06;2255541 said:
I think Robinho is a better player than Berbatov as wel, Berbatov has proved himself to be great in the premiership but Robinho will do the same IMO. He is younger, just as skillful and not as lazy.

Berbatov created Man U's goal today but he hardly touched the ball after that, United are a shadow of themselves when Ronaldo doesn't play.

Until Robinho actually does prove himself outside of Brazil, then Berbatov is the better player (IMHO). Real Madrid seemed pretty relieved to be rid of him.

The problem with United now is that Fergies is very tactically-challenged. Obviously not having Ronaldo is a big blow, but equally damaging is this insistence on playing Rooney on the wing, where he offers nothing other than hard work (which isn't really good enough for a team like United - see Alan Smith.)

I honestly think this is the best formation once everybody's healthy:

Berbatov

Tevez/Rooney (but not both)

Ronaldo Scholes Hargreaves (he brings many Beckham-like qualities)

Carrick

Evra Ferdinand Vidic Brown

Van Der Sar (he really needs to sort himself out)

gazmc_06

Reaction score
Big Cousin is the man, I was absolutely gutted to see him leave the Gers a few weeks ago but I hope he does great in the premiership and he had an amazing start today. Scoring the winner against Arsenal is just about the perfect debut...I hate Hull for taking Cousin but I still hope he does well

Jesus

Reaction score
hello friends:
My soccer team is Real Zaragoza SAD they play in second division of spanish soccer (futbol). Last year down first to second division. Do you know?
La liga española de futbol profesional (spanish soccer league profesional) first division play: Barcelona C.F. and Real Madrid C.F.
I have seen greats soccer players in live in La Romareda (Real Zaragoza stadium)..... Maradona in 1982 before signing with Barcelona and Napoles..Schuster, Butragueño, Raul, Guardiola......
Thank you,
Jesus Ajenjo

thekavorka

Reaction score
:welcome:

Yeah, what happened last year with you guys? What happened to Diego Milito?

Jesus

Reaction score
hello:
When Gabi Milito signed with F.C. Barcelona (by very much money) him brother he played bad. Every team played very bad. Soccer ugly. Players do not run much, soccer today is very speed and no statues, they are very slow. In "La Romareda" homefield played best, outside of Zaragoza they played very very very bad, they did not win games. Down to second division. I hope this year up to first division.
Thank you,
Jesus Ajenjo
i love Dallas Cowboys fans and they love soccer (futbol) spanish league!

Cochese

Benched
Reaction score
Bottomham

Bottamham LULspurz.

Hopefully Harry can save them. I have a ton of respect for that man, but when he makes it clear the move was all about the $$$$$ I have my doubts.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I am going to be in London from Nov 30 to Dec 5 and want to see a Premiership game. I know there are a bunch of teams in the London area, anyone have any suggestions or hints for how to go about getting tickets and which games/venues to see?

thekavorka

Reaction score
TheSkaven;2374419 said:
I am going to be in London from Nov 30 to Dec 5 and want to see a Premiership game. I know there are a bunch of teams in the London area, anyone have any suggestions or hints for how to go about getting tickets and which games/venues to see?

it might be REALLY tough to get tickets to a decent game unless you try a ticket exchange site like (http://www.footballticketshop.com/) where the prices are going to be high.

On Nov 30, you can see Chelsea vs Arsenal. Two of the top 4 teams going at it...but tickets might be tough to come by.

No other games are going on between nov 30 and dec 5th in london. it's too bad you couldnt stay longer because dec 6th is a saturday with a bunch of games.

thekavorka

Reaction score
arsenal is done for the season. next week's game against ManU is going to be a massacre.