***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was a little underwhelmed with The Suicide Squad, but as a hard R super hero flick, I was actually pretty impressed. Never thougt a villain like Starro would be in a movie. Yep I heard about him way back in my DC comic days.

I chalk up the decision to go with Starro to James Gunn. He seems the type to like using the more obscure and ‘out there’ characters in his films, like using Ego the living planet in Guardians Vol. 2.

But I think I’ve found another reason for why Marvel films do so much better. Kevin Feige and Co have a formula and know what they want. And while they can identify and work with creative talents like Gunn and Taika Waititi, they know when to ‘reign them in’ when their tendencies cross the line into ‘too crazy’. I think that balance is a big part of their mass appeal and success.

I thought Suicide Squad was an OK film. An improvement over the first, but too dark and dismissive of characters and deaths as well. It was all treated like a joke, and I think the number of people who ‘appreciate’ that joke is small. And that’s why ultimately this film won’t be successful.

Creeper

Reaction score
I have a new movie for the worst movie of all time list. "Horizon Line" . I watched about half of it last night but it was so stupid I had to turn it off. It's about two people who are in a single engine plane when their pilot dies of a heart attack. The rest is so stupid it defies human comprehension.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a new movie for the worst movie of all time list. "Horizon Line" . I watched about half of it last night but it was so stupid I had to turn it off. It's about two people who are in a single engine plane when their pilot dies of a heart attack. The rest is so stupid it defies human comprehension.
Did the pilot really die or fake it and act dead in order not to interact with the other two people? That sounds like it might make a better movie.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Marvel's What If animated series released today on Disney +. I'm going to watch the first episode in a few. Hopefully the series is good as the trailers have been.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Marvel's What If animated series released today on Disney +. I'm going to watch the first episode in a few. Hopefully the series is good as the trailers have been.
Just watched the first episode. The series starts off great in my opinion. I think the show is an asset to anyone (e.g. non-comics book fans) needing a better feel of what is in store for the multiverse that WandaVision and (especially) Loki have already set up.

k7YcaEe.png

The multiverse is full of alternate possibilities, like the Red Skull never making it to Vormir! :lmao2:

Edit: To be clear, I do not necessarily believe What If..? episodes will necessarily translate into future MCU movies and series. What I mean is that it will allow folks to expand their imagination about what might be possible in the phases to come. Multiverse baby! :thumbup:

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Just watched the first episode. The series starts off great in my opinion. I think the show is an asset to anyone (e.g. non-comics book fans) needing a better feel of what is in store for the multiverse that WandaVision and (especially) Loki have already set up.

k7YcaEe.png

The multiverse is full of alternate possibilities, like the Red Skull never making it to Vormir! :lmao2:

Edit: To be clear, I do not necessarily believe What If..? episodes will necessarily translate into future MCU movies and series. What I mean is that it will allow folks to expand their imagination about what might be possible in the phases to come. Multiverse baby! :thumbup:
Watched the first episode of What If...? and I look forward to the rest of the season.

The first season will be a total of nine episodes and they ordered a second season.

The second season will be a total of nine episodes and is already in development...
I also laughed when the Red Skull was crushed by the true champion of HYDRA.

I wonder if Captain Carter also stays in the past to be with Steve after Endgame.

The CGI animation looks good and I like the cel-shading for the comic book look.

And although it's a cartoon, director Bryan Andrews directed some lovely action.

One of my favorite action sequences from the MCU even though it's a cartoon...
wmQpSCb.gif

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Anyone else try using the HBO Max app on Roku? I installed and subscribed last night to watch Hard Knocks and figured while I was there I would watch Titans, DP, etc. While I got through Hard Knocks without issue anything else just crashes and burns the app. Tried on a couple different Roku's I have with the same results. I've signed out then signed back on but that didn't help. I canceled my subscription (only way to remove the channel), restarted and reinstalled. Still just crashes and goes back to the home screen.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Anyone else try using the HBO Max app on Roku? I installed and subscribed last night to watch Hard Knocks and figured while I was there I would watch Titans, DP, etc. While I got through Hard Knocks without issue anything else just crashes and burns the app. Tried on a couple different Roku's I have with the same results. I've signed out then signed back on but that didn't help. I canceled my subscription (only way to remove the channel), restarted and reinstalled. Still just crashes and goes back to the home screen.
I've been using it for a long time with no issues.

Sammy

Reaction score
My TV uses Roku and HBO works very slow on it, but hasn't crashed yet. Have you done updates lately?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

Did you try connecting to HBO Max from your computer? That would let you know if the issue is with the Roku device or the hbo app.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had to get Roku to get Apple and Disney and added HBO Max without a hitch, other than the usual streaming pixel/audio breakup that's inherent.

That's wacky that it let you watch anything, never heard of that happening on any of them.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Did you try connecting to HBO Max from your computer? That would let you know if the issue is with the Roku device or the hbo app.

Works on my computer. Everything else works on my Roku. Just the HBO Max app, slow and crashes when you try using it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saw this morning that Amazon pulled the rug on New Zealand on the 2nd season of Lord of the Rings and are shooting it in England, home base II for them.

But what really blew me away was they just wrapped season 1 with a production tag of 465M! That's insane!!!

I can't stand Bezos but I will say this for Prime, they don't do as many releases as Netflix but they do them really well. And they span the gamut with The Boys, The Man in the High Castle, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Jack Ryan, Bosch, their first Amazon Prime series and one I highly recommend.

I see Amazon, Apple and Disney as quality and Netflix as quantity and that's not a complaint but I do stop a lot of Netflix productions not very far into them. The first 3 also do a better job of keeping me informed something new has arrived. On the other side of that, Netflix has me checking them out more often to see what's new and stuff just shows up.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have the hbo/max app.
I watch it on the fire stick.
I do notice that if I have my VPN activated it will give me troubles on the hbo/max app. Usually like..>Oops something went wrong with connection or the like.
I don't know about the Roku as I don't think you can load a vpn on the roku.

I actually have more trouble with Youtube (premium member to skip the ads) on both Roku, Firestick, mobile and computer. Sometimes the home page will not load up while my other subs, librarys and so on will. It only happens when I am logged into my account. Soon as I log out, it works great. But I don't want to see all the adds so I deal with some of the hassle.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Anybody watch Doctor Death on Peacock? Joshua Jackson, Alec Baldwin, and Christian Slater. Crazy stuff based on a true story. I'm sure some of you Dallas locals had probably heard of the guy, Christopher Duntch aka Dr. Death. I really recommend it. Some superb acting and really nuts that stuff happened.