***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Netflix is doing an amazing job selecting and dubbing foreign content into English. We're watching great series from France, Germany, Israel, and even Turkey.

Yeah, my wife is really into those. She watches them so much, Netflix has already broken it down in her selections - "Best of Made in Turkey" "Best of Made in Spain" etc... Hollywood used to be an American specialty but the rest of the world has definitely caught up.

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
Huge fan of the "30 for 30" series on ESPN. Assuming a lot of people here have seen them. They're all free streaming with Disney+ Triple Package.

I've only seen half of them through the years, still trying to catch some. There's only one I've ever seen that I truly didn't like. (see below) The others were all good even if I didn't recommend them. Great sports documentaries, period.

I think you'll really enjoy; Steve Bartman: Catching Hell
and
The Best That Never Was (about Marcus Dupree)

Pretty amazing stories. 30 for 30 has done some good stuff over the years. The Four Falls of Buffalo was excellent.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lansky, pretty good story line about the actual writing of the book about Meyer Lansky, the father of organized crime. Harvey Keitel is really good in it.

The Starling, Netflix. It's a little slow but has a good story line and well acted.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
On Netflix, watched this show called Untold. It is a small collection of short sport documentaries. So far the two I really liked were these:

Malice at the Palice: About the 2004 The Pacers–Pistons brawl. It was interesting to revisit that brawl and see a few different angles and perspectives on it.
Crime & Penalties: About a father with mob-ties that buys and gifts his son a minor professional hockey team, the Danbury Trashers.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I’m going to catch Malice at the Palace soon. I’m shocked no one ever made a ‘30 For 30’ on that! If any event was ever meant for that series…

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
On Netflix, watched this show called Untold. It is a small collection of short sport documentaries. So far the two I really liked were these:

Malice at the Palice: About the 2004 The Pacers–Pistons brawl. It was interesting to revisit that brawl and see a few different angles and perspectives on it.
Crime & Penalties: About a father with mob-ties that buys and gifts his son a minor professional hockey team, the Danbury Trashers.
I concur. Those are both really good. I did not realize they were connected.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Binged 'Raised by Woods' during my weekend isolation.

Not really sure what to think about this one. A lot going on. It's very weird. Nice cinematography and acting, though.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I started watching Breaking Bad. Three episodes in, and I'm still waiting to see what the hype is about.
Keep going! I promise it gets better. My buddy said the same exact thing.
My man Dexter be back for blood baby! Awesome premiere despite how awful the final season was.

Yes! I enjoyed it. First episode was a bit of a slow burn but you knew it was just setting things up. Hope it's a great season as they owe us from the last season! Lol

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I started watching Breaking Bad. Three episodes in, and I'm still waiting to see what the hype is about.
Might not be your cup o tea but it does unfold in unusual ways for a TV show.

It is one of the best for that "what would I do in that situation" even as he begins to embrace the dark side. It is all about seduction.

The characters hooked me and you're not into that part yet but they do a very good job of developing them. They also did a very nice job of ending it on time and added that one little dessert, "El Camino".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched SAS: Rise of the Black Swan on Netflix, 6.5/10, and if the acting had held up, it would have been better. Why they picked her for that part puzzles me because it was really poor acting, or she was directed poorly, and drug the movie down, imo. They also crammed a lot into this and it could have been a series with a little more back story about Tom Wilkinson's character and his relationship with his son. There was a lot that they could have uncovered in layers making that into a series.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Covid isolation so a lot of time on my hands.

Watched the first two episodes of the new Yellowstone season. This show is so good.

Watched the first episode of the new Dexter season. Let's see if they can redeem that terrible last season.