***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Watched Wheel of Time on Amazon Prime last night. Just like the other Prime exclusives, it launches with three episodes to get you started, and then a new episode every week.

I read the book more than 20 years ago and always remember enjoying it, although I never finished its long "Dune-esque" series. (Neither did the writer apparently, Jordan passed away before it was completed)

I would say Wheel of Time is just as good as The Witcher if you enjoyed that on Netflix. It's not Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones, but it's a fun watch.

Thanks for the reminder. As a avid epic fantasy reader been looking forward to this (though, I've never read this series).

Creeper

Reaction score
I am so backed up on stuff I want to watch.

As I just mentioned I started Arcane. There's a new season of Locke & Key, the movie Red Notice.

I still haven't got around to starting Doom Patrol.

Star Trek Discovery comes back very soon. So does Cobra Kai, Lost in Space and The Expanse.

Only Murders In The Building on Hulu looks like it might be good.

And I haven't even got to the stuff I have never seen on Amazon.

On my DVR I'm still finishing off the last season of Supergirl and still need to start season 2 of Stargirl.

Oh an it's almost the Christmas season so a lot of movies and shows to watch by December 25th.

At this rate it's going to be spring or summer before I catch up on all of that. And who knows what else will be coming out between now and then.

It seems like everything is returning all at once, The Witcher season 2 starts Dec. 17 along with all the other shows you mentioned.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Watched Wheel of Time on Amazon Prime last night. Just like the other Prime exclusives, it launches with three episodes to get you started, and then a new episode every week.

I read the book more than 20 years ago and always remember enjoying it, although I never finished its long "Dune-esque" series. (Neither did the writer apparently, Jordan passed away before it was completed)

I would say Wheel of Time is just as good as The Witcher if you enjoyed that on Netflix. It's not Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones, but it's a fun watch.

He did pass away, and a writer named brandon sanderson finished the last 2 or 3 books with the help of jordans wife and his notes and outlines. The last battle did happen. He did a good a job, and all his personal series are very good.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Foundation
1lixkRB.png

Finally finished the first season.

Just excellent epic science fiction.

Now I gotta wait for the SECOND season. :mad:

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I've started Foundation, the new Cowboy Bebop and Wheel of Time. Love all three. Then we have Hawkeye and Expanse coming out soon. It is gonna be a good holiday season for TV.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've started Foundation, the new Cowboy Bebop and Wheel of Time. Love all three. Then we have Hawkeye and Expanse coming out soon. It is gonna be a good holiday season for TV.
I thought the production of Cowboy Bebop was comically bad.
I made it through the first episode, and that was all I could watch.
Cowboy Bebop is one of my all-time favorite classic anime. Story. Musical score. Everything. It is why I have been hesitant in even watching the trailer since my wife told me it was on Netflix. I dislike being disappointed.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Watching this new animation on Netflix called Arcane.

Highly recommended. The storytelling, music, and animation most of all is stunning.

D313960-B-8391-4-D34-9-B08-9248-B3-D4052-C.jpg

The season was absolutely unbelievable. Might be my favorite show of the year and I rarely watch animated stuff like this...but yeah. Unbelievable effects, but I was more blown away by the characters and the development and overarching narrative. 10/10 for me. And I rarely give that

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Cowboy Bebop is one of my all-time favorite classic anime. Story. Musical score. Everything. It is why I have been hesitant in even watching the trailer since my wife told me it was on Netflix. I dislike being disappointed.
It is getting mixed reviews over on reddit. Most of the complaints I've seen are that John Cho is too old to play Spike. I don't get that. I think Cho does a great job. I'm really enjoying it.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Saw Red Notice on Netflix starring Wonder Woman, The Rock and Deadpool.

It's National Treasure meets True Lies. The Rock is Ahney, Ryan Reynolds is Tom Arnold and Gal Gadot is a more sophisticated Jamie Lee Curtis. Mix in some of the archaelogy and history and treasure hunting from National Treasure.

There is a con game going on, but it's no The Sting or even Maverick, another action/adventure con game movie. Pretty cheap story editing for the con game parts honestly. But still enjoyed it.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is getting mixed reviews over on reddit. Most of the complaints I've seen are that John Cho is too old to play Spike. I don't get that. I think Cho does a great job. I'm really enjoying it.
I like John Cho. It is likely I will watch it soon if he is some folks' problem.