***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Girl Next Door on Netflix.
This is not the comedy movie that many may be thinking about.
This is anything but a comedy.
It is based on actual events.

Two young girls and their parents were in a car crash. The parents died. The older girl had some scars and the younger sister was put into the braces you would have seen on polio kids.
The movie is set in the 50s.

The girls move in with their aunt and her 3-4 boys.

The aunt is freaking sadistic and a few of her boys are as well.

This is one of the more disturbing movies I have seen in a very long time and it makes it even more disturbing due to it being based on a real story.

It truly makes one weep for society that there were people really this twisted...especially the aunt.

I don't think I can watch that.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

That's great news. Thanks for the update. I would recommend Dune to anyone. Free on HBOMax if you have it, but it's one of those experiences that is for sure worth watching on the big screen. It deserves the high ratings it's getting from critics and audience.

Netflix... home of the original cheap teenage horror movies has a new one I enjoyed. This was one was Night Teeth, a Vampire Flick. If you enjoyed some of Netflix's other movies in that genre such as Death Note and The Babysitter, it's up your alley.

Finally watched Ted Lasso. Was so good I binged the entire first season. Apple+ slowly building up some good TV & Movies. Ted Lasso is a great series if you want something positive. It's all about the team building in the locker room, I can see why Big Mike talked about it in his interviews.

And one last recommendation while I'm on soccer. It came out quickly and didn't get much buzz, but highly recommend The Engllish Game on Netflix. It's basically about the modern-day soccer game as we know it. Even if you don't like soccer, a great movie for sports fans and people who like quality flix. It's by the guy who does Downtown Abbey and other famous BBC shows.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just finished season 2 of Another Life on Netflix. They take a lot of liberties regarding physics, but it's a good story, and Katee Sackhoff does some fine acting.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The Girl Next Door on Netflix.
This is not the comedy movie that many may be thinking about.
This is anything but a comedy.
It is based on actual events.

Two young girls and their parents were in a car crash. The parents died. The older girl had some scars and the younger sister was put into the braces you would have seen on polio kids.
The movie is set in the 50s.

The girls move in with their aunt and her 3-4 boys.

The aunt is freaking sadistic and a few of her boys are as well.

This is one of the more disturbing movies I have seen in a very long time and it makes it even more disturbing due to it being based on a real story.

It truly makes one weep for society that there were people really this twisted...especially the aunt.

The sequel Girls Next Door was even scarier.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cold Skin... Really weird movie but I kind of liked it.
Only Two men on a remote island and it seems some mysterious sea creatures attack them.

You can find it free on different online streaming sites including youtube.

Creeper

Reaction score
Just finished season 2 of Another Life on Netflix. They take a lot of liberties regarding physics, but it's a good story, and Katee Sackhoff does some fine acting.

I thought this was cancelled. I thought the first season was just so-so. But I will give the 2nd season a try.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I thought this was cancelled. I thought the first season was just so-so. But I will give the 2nd season a try.
I'd actually forgotten I'd watched season one, but since Netflix was prompting me to watch season 2, I figured I must have. Once I started watching I remembered it. S2 is better, IMO.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I HIGHLY recommend this season. Not sure if it will have a third season since it seemed like they were trying to tie off all the loose ends but it is very good science fiction in my opinion.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I HIGHLY recommend this season. Not sure if it will have a third season since it seemed like they were trying to tie off all the loose ends but it is very good science fiction in my opinion.
It definitely seems like they ended the series at two. If not, a third season would be completely different than the first two.

khiladi

Reaction score
Anyone into Korean psychological crime thrillers, check out:

“Beyond Evil” on Netflix…. Phenomenal

DanteEXT

Reaction score

I really enjoyed both seasons of this show. I hope it gets a third. I agree they tied off the story nicely but opened the possibility of great number of new stories. Saw some quotes from Katee Sackhoff asking fans to binge it and binge it fast. She was saying Netflix views watching a show fast as compared to a slower pace to mean how much you liked the show so the faster fans watch it the better a third season chances are. None of that makes much sense in my head though as I try to not binge quickly (though not always successful) to make the enjoyment last.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I really enjoyed both seasons of this show. I hope it gets a third. I agree they tied off the story nicely but opened the possibility of great number of new stories. Saw some quotes from Katee Sackhoff asking fans to binge it and binge it fast. She was saying Netflix views watching a show fast as compared to a slower pace to mean how much you liked the show so the faster fans watch it the better a third season chances are. None of that makes much sense in my head though as I try to not binge quickly (though not always successful) to make the enjoyment last.
Also, Netflix usually asks if you're enjoying the show, so I imagine they go by that more than anything.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Huge fan of the "30 for 30" series on ESPN. Assuming a lot of people here have seen them. They're all free streaming with Disney+ Triple Package.

I've only seen half of them through the years, still trying to catch some. There's only one I've ever seen that I truly didn't like. (see below) The others were all good even if I didn't recommend them. Great sports documentaries, period.

Some of my favorties:

The Two Bills - Parcells vs Belichick, great insight!

The U Part 1 and Part 2 - Love that U swagger!

Straight Outta L.A. - by Ice Cube, good cross-cultural doc on what was happening in California both sports and socially

The Fab Five - what could have been

Bad Boys - Detroit Pistons story, probably my favorite of the NBA championship franchises in the 80's

Four Falls of Buffalo - the team we bashed twice, from their perspective

The '85 Bears - how can you not be a fan of that single season

Phi Slama Jamma - underrated college basketball powerhouse, Hakeem, Drexler, and more

Rodman: For Better or Worse - pretty sad actually, brutally honest

Al Davis vs NFL - the one and only

Some to avoid:

Without Bias - only thing going for this is they were the only ones to interview some of his friends who where there when he died, but pretty amateur film job, even some of the podcasts I've listened to devoted to the Bias story did a better job

NorthoftheRedRiver

Reaction score
Netflix is doing an amazing job selecting and dubbing foreign content into English. We're watching great series from France, Germany, Israel, and even Turkey.