***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Big_D

Reaction score
It is lonely out here as a The Wheel Of Time fan. :(

Of course, I may like the show more than I should because of Zoe Robins. :)

I was going to give it a shot, but already have too many shows to keep up with. Is it the next GoT like advertised or should the Westeros fans just wait until House of the Dragon?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am only 2 episodes into the Witcher season 2 but so far it is okay for what it is supposed to be. Overall, I like the series. But a lot has to happen from what I've watched to the end so there is great potential for it to be stupid. They avoid that in season 1 so I have my hopes up.
It is not bad but for a storyline based on ridding the world of monsters, they could have done a much better job.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was going to give it a shot, but already have too many shows to keep up with. Is it the next GoT like advertised or should the Westeros fans just wait until House of the Dragon?
No, it's not even close. GoT is so far above it, WoT would need the Hubble Telescope to see it waving bye bye.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The GoT clone is an unfair comparison. Both series' presentation are similar but they are still worlds apart. Game of Thrones was legendary (at least until the final season). The Wheel of Time should be allowed to grow its mythos as well. Maybe it will never be great but it should have the opportunity to become more than it already is.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Well, I'm here to tell you all that you were right. The new Matrix was a massive letdown. I held out hope that it somehow could still be good. It wasn't.

I first worked on revisiting the Matrix Trilogy for a refresher before going into the fourth film. I enjoyed that, especially in 4K. Once I finally made my way through all of those, I eagerly started the fourth movie. Talk about turning off your TV with disappointment. I wasn't thrilled with it at all. While it did have some decent ideas behind it, overall it felt like the storyline was forced just for the sake of having another film in the franchise. Plus, it just lacked that cyberpunk feel to it. Casting was very meh, comedy forced in a movie that never asks for it
(a little robot high-fiving a human, Neo's attempt to fly)
, and it just lacked that Matrix-esque aurora to it that gave the Matrix name all of it's Hollywood legacy. Oh, and how does a 20 year old movie seemingly have more interesting visuals than one filmed in 2020? The fight scenes in the new one lacked any major excitement for me.

I own the Matrix trilogy in my movie collection. I will not be adding the fourth. As somebody said earlier in this thread, let's all just pretend that movie doesn't exist.

:facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Big_D

Reaction score
The GoT clone is an unfair comparison. Both series' presentation are similar but they are still worlds apart. Game of Thrones was legendary (at least until the final season). The Wheel of Time should be allowed to grow its mythos as well. Maybe it will never be great but it should have the opportunity to become more than it already is.

An unfair and tough comparison for any new show. I remember watching episode 1 of GoT. No real fan fair. Just another show that morphed into a great one. I thought the name and medieval premise was good enough to give it a go. But you definitely didn't expect it to become what it became.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I'm here to tell you all that you were right. The new Matrix was a massive letdown. I held out hope that it somehow could still be good. It wasn't.

I first worked on revisiting the Matrix Trilogy for a refresher before going into the fourth film. I enjoyed that, especially in 4K. Once I finally made my way through all of those, I eagerly started the fourth movie. Talk about turning off your TV with disappointment. I wasn't thrilled with it at all. While it did have some decent ideas behind it, overall it felt like the storyline was forced just for the sake of having another film in the franchise. Plus, it just lacked that cyberpunk feel to it. Casting was very meh, comedy forced in a movie that never asks for it
(a little robot high-fiving a human, Neo's attempt to fly)
, and it just lacked that Matrix-esque aurora to it that gave the Matrix name all of it's Hollywood legacy. Oh, and how does a 20 year old movie seemingly have more interesting visuals than one filmed in 2020? The fight scenes in the new one lacked any major excitement for me.

I own the Matrix trilogy in my movie collection. I will not be adding the fourth. As somebody said earlier in this thread, let's all just pretend that movie doesn't exist.

:facepalm:

200.gif

;)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most anticipated shows of 2020...

1. House of the Dragon

2. The Lord of the Rings

3. Pam & Tommy

4. The Sandman

5. The Last of Us

6. Obi-Wan Kenobi

7. She-Hulk

8. Ms. Marvel

9. Peacemaker

10. Moon Knight

https://movieweb.com/house-of-the-dragon-imdb-most-anticipated-original-tv-series-2022/
I am interested in seeing everything on the list EXCEPT Pam and Tommy, which I could not care less about.

I lied. Who is playing Pam? :p

The one that intrigues me the most (even more than House of the Dragon) is Obi-Wan Kenobi. LucasFilm and Disney must be extremely imaginative for material that fills in the void between Episode III and Episode IV that centers primarily upon Kenobi.

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing a Kenobi/Ahsoka crossover after Anakin's former padawan's series is released at some point. A simple one-minute convo between the two characters would be a highlight for me. After all, there is only one person whom they would talk about <insert repeated deep gasping of breath here as a clue> :muttley:

Big_D

Reaction score
I am interested in seeing everything on the list EXCEPT Pam and Tommy, which I could not care less about.

The one that intrigues me the most (even more than House of the Dragon) is Obi-Wan Kenobi. LucasFilm and Disney must be extremely imaginative for material that fills in the void between Episode III and Episode IV that centers primarily upon Kenobi.

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing a Kenobi/Ahsoka crossover after Anakin's former padawan's series is released at some point. A simple one-minute convo between the two characters would be a highlight for me. After all, there is only one person whom they would talk about <insert repeated deep gasping of breath here as a clue> :muttley:

Should be interesting. Not a big Star Wars fan, but I do get the reference. lol

Lily James is playing Pam btw. :)

FEecjwFXoAAHYNf.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Is it LucasFilm/ Disney or one of the fan fiction authors?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I totally agree, Couldn't care less about 'Pam and Tommy".

But, people will watch crap...