***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Creeper

Reaction score
Just finished lost in space final episode. I have to admit I liked the show overall. It is sophomoric at times but to be expected with a lot of kids involved in the plot. The ending was a bit predictable but gratifying unlike many other shows I have seen the last few years. It is clear they were not going to give us a Game of Thrones final episode so they produced a crowd pleaser. I give it an 8 out of 10.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am rewatching the first 3 and will watch the 4th. With the low expectations now set, I will probably enjoy as it may not be as bad as I now think it will be.
The hint is there, they get progressively worse,
True, but it seems like it should be the case, that it took so many years to come out with a fourth because they wanted to make it just right.
For me, Reloaded and Revolutions were somewhat overcriticized but I have zero defense for this last installment. What gets me is that one of the exact same two people behind the look and feel of the original trio spearheaded this current movie.

Larry and Andy Wachowski co-directed the first three films but Lana solely directed Resurrections. Perhaps any Matrix movie requires both sibling's combined directorial vision? I do not know but this current movie had more evolution than the simple aging of key actors reprising their previous roles.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
It really is. If you don't watch the show, it's worth skipping to E7, just to see how bad it is. lol

Yeah, Wheel of Time veered off into stinkerdom near the end. Not as disappointed as I was after the last episode of GoT, but same empty feeling. If you’re looking for a new fantasy series, definitely go with the Witcher. If you’re looking for a great sci-if experience period, watch Dune.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Just binge-watched all 6 episodes of Hawkeye and I was thoroughly entertained.
D3L00tp.gif
Watching it all in one night felt I was seeing Kate Bishop/Hawkeye's origin movie. :D

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Seems not too many here liked the new Matrix movie. I was fine with it. Wasn't bored and, from memory, I liked it a whole heckuva lot more than 2 & 3. I remember going to a packed theater midnight premiere type showing when 2 came out. I wanted to just get up and leave. Think it was the only movie I've ever felt like leaving the theater after buying a ticket.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems not too many here liked the new Matrix movie. I was fine with it. Wasn't bored and, from memory, I liked it a whole heckuva lot more than 2 & 3. I remember going to a packed theater midnight premiere type showing when 2 came out. I wanted to just get up and leave. Think it was the only movie I've ever felt like leaving the theater after buying a ticket.

I have to disagree with you there. As bad as 2 & 3 were, this latest one was far worse. The Matrix is now dead and buried thanks to that mess.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
As a big Matrix fan, I was fairly disappointed in Matrix Resurrection. So much so I will not consider it part of the story line :)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I usually like Apple+ originals but Invasion is a waste of time.

It's a poorly written soap opera with the obligatory wife being cheated on by poorly acted husband, kid being bullied, lost soldier magically communicating when he doesn't speak the language and the only unusual reward is a lesbian Japanese astronaut.

I can't believe I gave this 3 full episodes and it progressively got worse. It is perfectly acted, directed and written for network TV and the crap they peddle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Yeah, Wheel of Time veered off into stinkerdom near the end. Not as disappointed as I was after the last episode of GoT, but same empty feeling. If you’re looking for a new fantasy series, definitely go with the Witcher. If you’re looking for a great sci-if experience period, watch Dune.

I thought the whole of WOT was underwhelming. Not terrible, just meh.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Check out the Witcher animated movie, The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf. Probably better dialogue than the live action series, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't usually care much for animated movies, but this was pretty good. It's a prequel to the series.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Check out the Witcher animated movie, The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf. Probably better dialogue than the live action series, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't usually care much for animated movies, but this was pretty good. It's a prequel to the series.

Is it also on Netflix?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I started the live one and agree with one of your earlier posts, the monsters are really lame and it's supposed to be a monster movie.

The other thing that's wearing on me is Cavill's monotone voice that has to be so much deeper than anyone else's. And that is not natural, they're jacking with his voice.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I started the live one and agree with one of your earlier posts, the monsters are really lame and it's supposed to be a monster movie.

The other thing that's wearing on me is Cavill's monotone voice that has to be so much deeper than anyone else's. And that is not natural, they're jacking with his voice.
Cavill's voice doesn't really bother me much. Judging by his voice as Clark Kent or Superman, this may be the only way he can sound like a tough guy, rather than a boy scout.

Creeper

Reaction score

I am only 2 episodes into the Witcher season 2 but so far it is okay for what it is supposed to be. Overall, I like the series. But a lot has to happen from what I've watched to the end so there is great potential for it to be stupid. They avoid that in season 1 so I have my hopes up.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is lonely out here as a The Wheel Of Time fan. :(

Of course, I may like the show more than I should because of Zoe Robins. :)