***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched E3 of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. So, I know it comes between Discovery 's original time and TOS, but I'm trying to figure out if it's going to lead into the original timeline, or if it's going to lead into the timeline of the more recent films. Is there anything anyone has seen to indicate a connection to either?...... @Stash ?... @DallasEast ?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just watched E3 of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. So, I know it comes between Discovery 's original time and TOS, but I'm trying to figure out if it's going to lead into the original timeline, or if it's going to lead into the timeline of the more recent films. Is there anything anyone has seen to indicate a connection to either?...... @Stash ?... @DallasEast ?

That’s a great question and I’m not sure that I have a solid, unequivocal answer.

My thinking would be this:

It’s likely something that we won’t directly see ever happen in this series. Things will likely be foreshadowed or alluded to, but I don’t expect Chris Pine or CGI Shatner to show up.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That’s a great question and I’m not sure that I have a solid, unequivocal answer.

My thinking would be this:

It’s likely something that we won’t directly see ever happen in this series. Things will likely be foreshadowed or alluded to, but I don’t expect Chris Pine or CGI Shatner to show up.
Did you watch E3 yet? If so:
Did the reference to Khan shed any light on it, or is everything the same up until now, even regarding him?

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Ugh.........I'm so disappointed in Halo.
The season concluded tonight and Paramount absolutely ruined this opportunity. They've completely assassinated the character of Master Chief. I'm 8 episodes in and I feel like I've seen him in his armor for like 10 minutes. Plus, I'm still displeased about his helmet coming off. If they wanted to do it, fine, but build it up! Make it a special reveal/moment in the story. Instead it was off before the first epsiode was over. All because they're trying to humanize him so that "it appeals to a broader audience". Broader audience? The Halo series is one of the best selling video games of all time. Chief is a supersoldier!! The mascot for Halo! The leader of the Blue Team Spartans. They had this deep and expanded lore already and decided to go with some crap story that had Master Chief do things like fall in love and lose his virginity to a Covenant spy. They could have just changed the name and made this a generic sci-fi show. What's the point of making a Halo show if it's not........Halo?

I'm bummed. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything different from Hollywood, but I was hopeful (hey, like being hopeful the Cowboys might win a playoff game haha!).

Thanks for letting me rant!

Me: "They are ruining the characters and lore of Halo".
Star Wars and Star Trek fans: "First time?"

:laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have not seen episode three. Vulcan would be a good variable to consider in my opinion though.

Vulcan (or Ni'Var) exists on the Star Trek television series timeline--from 22nd century Enterprise through to 32nd century Discovery. However, 2009's Star Trek movie shows Spock deposited on Delta Vega watching Nero destroy Vulcan. I *think* it is safe to say the original timeline will stay true.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have not seen episode three. Vulcan would be a good variable to consider in my opinion though.

Vulcan (or Ni'Var) exists on the Star Trek television series timeline--from 22nd century Enterprise through to 32nd century Discovery. However, 2009's Star Trek movie shows Spock deposited on Delta Vega watching Nero destroy Vulcan. I *think* it is safe to say the original timeline will stay true.
When I was a kid, I went to see a movie that was showing at the same time a Star Trek movie (not sure which) just opened and there were two kids dressed in full Star Trek costumes standing in line.

I am starting to wonder if you were one of those kids ... :D

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When I was a kid, I went to see a movie that was showing at the same time a Star Trek movie (not sure which) just opened and there were two kids dressed in full Star Trek costumes standing in line.

"Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!"

Nerd time. Folks you described are Trekkies. "Trekkies" enjoy wearing some memorabilia for certain casual events, etc. "Trekkists" are hardcore fans (think of the guys from The Big Bang Theory) who routinely attend comic cons, go 100% cosplay (from head-to-toe) for practically anything, etc.

I am a Trekker. Generally, Trekkers talk a good game about the franchise but not much else. You will see me yucking it up about Star Trek waiting at the theater but you would not see me wearing Mr. Spock ears. ;) :p

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Oh, he was... maybe not there at that time...but he was definitely one of those kids!

Either that, or he dressed up for Star Wars.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
"Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!"

Nerd time. Folks you described are Trekkies. "Trekkies" enjoy wearing some memorabilia for certain casual events, etc. "Trekkists" are hardcore fans (think of the guys from The Big Bang Theory) who routinely attend comic cons, go 100% cosplay (from head-to-toe) for practically anything, etc.

I am a Trekker. Generally, Trekkers talk a good game about the franchise but not much else. You will see me yucking it up about Star Trek waiting at the theater but you would not see me wearing Mr. Spock ears. ;) :p
What about fans who love the franchise, but only casually get into the canon? Ya know, we don't know all the episode titles, etc, but we catch most of the references to past episodes, including references to a different series.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, he was... maybe not there at that time...but he was definitely one of those kids!

Either that, or he dressed up for Star Wars.
hmm... What would be a fitting retort..? I got it! How about 40 Yoda quotes!

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

“Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny. Consume you, it will.”

“Always pass on what you have learned.”

“Patience you must have my young Padawan.”

“In a dark place we find ourselves, and a little more knowledge lights our way.”

“Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.”

“Powerful you have become, the dark side I sense in you.”

“Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.”

“Feel the force!”

“Truly wonderful the mind of a child is.”

“Do or do not. There is no try.”

“Great warrior. Wars not make one great.”

“Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.”

“The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the light, the future is.”

“You will find only what you bring in.”

“To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night.”

“Control, control, you must learn control!”

“On many long journeys have I gone. And waited, too, for others to return from journeys of their own. Some return; some are broken; some come back so different only their names remain.”

“In the end, cowards are those who follow the dark side.”

“Difficult to see. Always in motion is the future.”

“Ready are you? What know you of ready? For eight hundred years have I trained Jedi. My own counsel will I keep on who is to be trained. A Jedi must have the deepest commitment, the most serious mind. This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away… to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. Hmm? What he was doing. Hmph. Adventure. Heh. Excitement. Heh. A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless.”

“Secret, shall I tell you? Grand Master of Jedi Order am I. Won this job in a raffle I did, think you? ‘How did you know, how did you know, Master Yoda?’ Master Yoda knows these things. His job it is.”

“To answer power with power, the Jedi way this is not. In this war, a danger there is, of losing who we are.”

“Many of the truths that we cling to depend on our point of view.”

“Named must your fear be before banish it you can.”

“You think Yoda stops teaching, just because his student does not want to hear? A teacher Yoda is. Yoda teaches like drunkards drink, like killers kill.”

“Do not assume anything Obi-Wan. Clear your mind must be if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot.“

“You will know (the good from the bad) when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”

“Soon will I rest, yes, forever sleep. Earned it I have. Twilight is upon me, soon night must fall.”

“When you look at the dark side, careful you must be. For the dark side looks back.”

“You will know (the good from the bad) when you are calm, at peace. Passive. A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.”

“Smaller in number are we, but larger in mind.”

“Your path you must decide.”

“Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice.”

“No longer certain, that one ever does win a war, I am. For in fighting the battles, the bloodshed, already lost we have. Yet, open to us a path remains. That unknown to the Sith is. Through this path, victory we may yet find. Not victory in the Clone Wars, but victory for all time.”

“If no mistake you have made, losing you are. A different game you should play.”

"That is why you fail.”

“Happens to every guy sometimes this does”

“Adventure. Excitement. A Jedi craves not these things.”

“Only the Dark Lord of the Sith knows of our weakness. If informed the senate is, multiply our adversaries will.”

hehe :muttley:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What about fans who love the franchise, but only casually get into the canon? Ya know, we don't know all the episode titles, etc, but we catch most of the references to past episodes, including references to a different series.
Answer: Trekker.

An example of a Trekkie: "I can name the guy who appeared one-time wearing a red uniform in episode _______________ between the first and second commercial breaks."

An example of a Trekkist: "I know what Patrick Stewart said after someone asked Adam Nimoy when someone asked what was his father's opinion of Tribbles."

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Did you watch E3 yet? If so:
Did the reference to Khan shed any light on it, or is everything the same up until now, even regarding him?
Any Soong reference fits perfectly with the television/Eugenics War timeline and not with the Pine movies.
Trivia: Episode 3's title is Ghosts of Illyria. Illyrians are loosely connected with an episode from Enterprise's third season (Dr. Phil made me post this).

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@MichaelWinicki , you're a horror buff. Are you familiar with anything in the anime genre?

I was checking out the free streaming service Tubi and came across one of my favorite limited series (50 episodes) called Blood+. Admittedly, it is not at the anime horror level, for example, Hellsing Ultimate.

Blood+ is the first (and best in my opinion) of several reimagined series adaptations of the 2000 anime film Blood: The Last Vampire. I wondered if you have ever heard of or seen it before?

4jDVN3E.jpg

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@MichaelWinicki , you're a horror buff. Are you familiar with anything in the anime genre?

I was checking out the free streaming service Tubi and came across one of my favorite limited series (50 episodes) called Blood+. Admittedly, it is not at the anime horror level, for example, Hellsing Ultimate.

Blood+ is the first (and best in my opinion) of several reimagined series adaptations of the 2000 anime film Blood: The Last Vampire. I wondered if you have ever heard of or seen it before?

4jDVN3E.jpg

No, have not seen nor heard of it.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score

4jDVN3E.jpg

Hellsing is one of my favorites. Just fantastic!