***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Okay, now I HAVE to watch it! Thanks a lot!!
If you're the kind of person that likes waking up in the middle of the night and stubbing your toe on a coffee table, or picking at a cuticle and having it tear up to your elbow, or immediately rubbing your eyes right after dicing up a pound of jalapenos, then this show is for you. o_O

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If you're the kind of person that likes waking up in the middle of the night and stubbing your toe on a coffee table, or picking at a cuticle and having it tear up to your elbow, or immediately rubbing your eyes right after dicing up a pound of jalapenos, then this show is for you. o_O
Ooh, I've done the third thing, and I didn't like it at all. Okay, you win!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finished The Wire. Fantastic show. I have some reservations about the last season/how it ended, but overall, I really enjoyed that show. Glad I finally took a chance on it.

Now.....................what to watch next???

I'm thinking about finally giving in and starting The Boys. lol
I started The Wire on a re-watch binge and am coming up on the conclusion of S2, it is as good as the first time.

I had forgotten one of the funniest parts when they have McNulty playing an English gentleman and he screws up the accent and he's English. I watched it again and could catch the actors in that shot laughing for real as I don't think that was scripted. I think there was something inside about that.

Bunk is still my favorite character and I became a Wendell Pierce fan after seeing him. And, Omar rules the night!

Last edited by a moderator:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Holy torture, you must have seen me at "Mama Mia"! I don't think I was the only man crying in that movie and I am not ashamed.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I started The Wire on a re-watch binge and am coming up on the conclusion of S2, it is as good as the first time.

I had forgotten one of the funniest parts when they have McNulty playing an English gentleman and he screws up the accent and he's English. I watched it again and could catch the actors in that shot laughing for real as I don't think that was scripted. I think there was something inside about that.

Bunk is still my favorite character and I became a Wendell Pierce fan after seeing him. And, Omar rules the night!
Bunk is awesome!! Always has his cigar. :laugh:

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched the latest episode of For All Mankind last night. Slept on it. Woke up today and still feel the same way enough to make this:

XlsJKiD.jpg

Been thinking of making one for Tracy and Gordo's other brat too.

Creeper

Reaction score
HBO has been re-running Game of Thrones, one season per day lately. I caught season 7 and part of season 8 the last couple of days and watching it a second time I have some thoughts.

First, this was a great series, maybe top 1 or 2 ever made. The reason I think is because there was so many good characters in the story, some were good guys, some were bad, and some were both. What there were so many great scenes where these characters interacted. The relationships between the characters were so well developed and just so damned pleasing to watch. Season 7 was awesome in so many ways. Season 8 was pretty great too, except for the ending which I really hated, although I understood what the story tellers were going for.

One reason I hated the ending is the appointment of Bran Stark as King of 6 lands of Westeros. It made absolutely no sense and when they took the vote every single house voted for him. That was so unbelievable. And then they agreed to allow Sansa to keep the North a separate Kingdom? Why would the other houses agree to that? Wouldn't they all have immediately demanded they be separate kingdoms too? Why would they be subservient to Bran Stark who they did not even know? Given Bran had turned into some kind of goofy weirdo, who would think he was suited for leadership?

And just a minor quibble with the story, but the Dothraki were the first to charge into battle against the dead and were quickly wiped out. How did they manage to revive themselves to pillage Kings Landing the following episode?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
HBO has been re-running Game of Thrones, one season per day lately. I caught season 7 and part of season 8 the last couple of days and watching it a second time I have some thoughts.

First, this was a great series, maybe top 1 or 2 ever made. The reason I think is because there was so many good characters in the story, some were good guys, some were bad, and some were both. What there were so many great scenes where these characters interacted. The relationships between the characters were so well developed and just so damned pleasing to watch. Season 7 was awesome in so many ways. Season 8 was pretty great too, except for the ending which I really hated, although I understood what the story tellers were going for.

One reason I hated the ending is the appointment of Bran Stark as King of 6 lands of Westeros. It made absolutely no sense and when they took the vote every single house voted for him. That was so unbelievable. And then they agreed to allow Sansa to keep the North a separate Kingdom? Why would the other houses agree to that? Wouldn't they all have immediately demanded they be separate kingdoms too? Why would they be subservient to Bran Stark who they did not even know? Given Bran had turned into some kind of goofy weirdo, who would think he was suited for leadership?

And just a minor quibble with the story, but the Dothraki were the first to charge into battle against the dead and were quickly wiped out. How did they manage to revive themselves to pillage Kings Landing the following episode?
Agree with you, including the spoiler. Another thing that made it great was that anyone could die. You could never just expect things to turn out well, which made it so much tenser and more interesting.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am through Episode 4 of The Terminal List.
It is like Jack Reacher with a more militaristic twist to it. The main character is not a loner like Reacher and the tactics used are more detailed and more realistic. Still a there are times when the bad guys shoot a lot and miss and our guy fires once and, well, one shot one kill.

Overall, so far, you've probably seen it all before. I can think of dozens of movies and series that told essentially the same story. I think the show gives you what you want to see, in some cases very satisfying, and gruesome ends for the bad guys.
I'll wait to grade it but I am enjoying the show, not loving it, but not hating it either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
It is like Jack Reacher with a more militaristic twist to it. The main character is not a loner like Reacher and the tactics used are more detailed and more realistic. Still a there are times when the bad guys shoot a lot and miss and our guy fires once and, well, one shot one kill.

Overall, so far, you've probably seen it all before. I can think of dozens of movies and series that told essentially the same story. I think the show gives you what you want to see, in some cases very satisfying, and gruesome ends for the bad guys.
I'll wait to grade it but I am enjoying the show, not loving it, but not hating it either.
That's kinda the way I took it too, they're not reinventing the wheel, just trying to give an enjoyable action series. It's not great, but it's not bad, just another way to get your action fix.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I like Pratt more than the guy in Reacher. There are some things coming up that you don't see coming. Pretty good series overall.

Creeper

Reaction score
I know someone posted something about "The Old Man" a while back but I just started watching it on FX and I wanted to comment.

I am enjoying it. Jeff Bridges okay but prone to the occasional overacted scene. I will try not to give away any of the story but you can read a description of the show almost anywhere and see that it is not a totally new concept.

Another, guy with a particular set of skills only this time the guy is an old man. I mean, so was Liam Neeson when he made the Taken movies (he was 56 when he made Taken and 60 when he made Taken 2), but he played a younger man. In this case Jeff Bridges plays an old man. In real life he is around 75. Of course at that age, skills or not being an old man is a handicap, especially in hand to hand combat with well-trained 30 year old men. And its not like Bridges' character appears to be in exceptional shape or tries to stay in shape either. There are some good characters in this show and it is not burdened by young kids which is a mistake many of these shows have made. That's a benefit of him being older I guess.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know someone posted something about "The Old Man" a while back but I just started watching it on FX and I wanted to comment.

I am enjoying it. Jeff Bridges okay but prone to the occasional overacted scene. I will try not to give away any of the story but you can read a description of the show almost anywhere and see that it is not a totally new concept.

Another, guy with a particular set of skills only this time the guy is an old man. I mean, so was Liam Neeson when he made the Taken movies (he was 56 when he made Taken and 60 when he made Taken 2), but he played a younger man. In this case Jeff Bridges plays an old man. In real life he is around 75. Of course at that age, skills or not being an old man is a handicap, especially in hand to hand combat with well-trained 30 year old men. And its not like Bridges' character appears to be in exceptional shape or tries to stay in shape either. There are some good characters in this show and it is not burdened by young kids which is a mistake many of these shows have made. That's a benefit of him being older I guess.
It was probably my post you read.

The story is much different than any I've seen or read. You'll find that out once you delve deeper. I'm still impressed with how well the actors play the young versions of Jeff Bridges and Jon Lithgow.

John813

Reaction score
Got around to Midnight Mass. Sort of predictable but still a decent limited series for me.

The actor for Monsignor did a great job in my opinion.

Creeper

Reaction score
It was probably my post you read.

The story is much different than any I've seen or read. You'll find that out once you delve deeper. I'm still impressed with how well the actors play the young versions of Jeff Bridges and Jon Lithgow.

Finished it tonight but hated the ending. However, I just read the problems they had filming the series because Jeff Bridges was diagnosed with cancer and had to undergo Chemo treatments then he got COVID when he basically had no immune system from the chemo. The producers cut the show from 10 episodes to 7 in the middle of the season so that explains the ending. In any case, season 2 will supposedly include some of what was missing from season 1. All I can say is they better make it quick. Bridges, Lithgow, and Joel Grey are not getting any younger.