***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Alright, 6 episodes in on The Boys, and I'm all in on this. lol I have to admit, I thought it was going to be ridiculously stupid, and, so far it's been ridiculously awesome. Way different and better than I anticipated.

Doesn't hurt that Starlight is a hottie. :D

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Started watching The Terminal List. I'm 7 minutes into episode 3, and I gotta say, I'm getting bored.

Edit: 12 minutes in; Just got a lot better.
It is a real challenge to stretch what could have been done in a 2 hour film into a series. It would have been better to have been done like Extraction, No Remorse, Old Guard and Underground 6.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Finished Peaky Blinders.

Really good.

I’ve read that they’ll culminate the series as a movie rather than as a seventh final season.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It is a real challenge to stretch what could have been done in a 2 hour film into a series. It would have been better to have been done like Extraction, No Remorse, Old Guard and Underground 6.
That's exactly what I was thinking yesterday. The whole thing could probably have been a movie...but I don't know how much more there is to it, so I can't really make that proclamation.

But there has been a lot of empty time, so far

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's exactly what I was thinking yesterday. The whole thing could probably have been a movie...but I don't know how much more there is to it, so I can't really make that proclamation.

But there has been a lot of empty time, so far
Agree and it's an action/revenge and bogged down too much for me, wouldn't do a re-watch.

Creeper

Reaction score

I get the point, but I am okay with this one lasting 8 episodes. I think making this a 2 hour movie would rush things to the point of it being ridiculous.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I get the point, but I am okay with this one lasting 8 episodes. I think making this a 2 hour movie would rush things to the point of it being ridiculous.
Now that I've finished, I think they could have made it a four or five episode series. There was a lot to unpack, but there was also a lot of wasted time.

Still, a very good story. I give the show a 7/10.

Creeper

Reaction score
Now that I've finished, I think they could have made it a four or five episode series. There was a lot to unpack, but there was also a lot of wasted time.

Still, a very good story. I give the show a 7/10.

I wonder if there are standard deal with the studios for 6 to 8 episodes. But I agree, maybe 6 episodes would have done it for this one.

I don't know about you but those scene where he is imagining his wife and kids were too numerous and too long. I know what they were trying to do but to me those "flashbacks" were distracting and killed the momentum of the show at times.

I still have one more episode to watch before I draw my final conclusions about the series. But so far I like it. I have had a suspicion about where this goes in episode 8 since the 2nd episode so we'll see if I am right.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I wonder if there are standard deal with the studios for 6 to 8 episodes. But I agree, maybe 6 episodes would have done it for this one.

I don't know about you but those scene where he is imagining his wife and kids were too numerous and too long. I know what they were trying to do but to me those "flashbacks" were distracting and killed the momentum of the show at times.

I still have one more episode to watch before I draw my final conclusions about the series. But so far I like it. I have had a suspicion about where this goes in episode 8 since the 2nd episode so we'll see if I am right.
Agree with your spoiler 100%. I think I had the same suspicion you had.