***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree. And I find its’ differences refreshing rather than disappointing or upsetting. I give Marvel credit for changing things up and going in different directions. It seems like a ‘you can’t please everyone’ situation. People complained that Marvel was too repetitive and formulaic. Then they try something new like this show and others complain.
I don't mind that they want to make it humorous and light, I just don't think most of the humor is particularly funny. I'm getting more accustomed to the breaking the fourth wall though, so maybe that'll help.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't mind that they want to make it humorous and light, I just don't think most of the humor is particularly funny. I'm getting more accustomed to the breaking the fourth wall though, so maybe that'll help.

I don’t think the show is all that funny either. But I appreciate that it keeps things light and doesn’t take itself too seriously.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Rings of Power, visually, is nothing short of stunning. I argue that from a production design, cinematography and CGI perspective, it's better than any of the original 6. LOTR was ambitious but it's showing 20 years of aging, and there was some choices even at the time that were off (like Peter Jackson playing with different film in his edits).

Seriously - Rings of Power even took some of the LOTR designs and made them better (the Orcs in the forest and the one in episode 2 are really really cool).

The writing though hasn't engaged me yet. 2 episodes in and only 8 for the season, I'd have expected more intrigure for me 1/4 into the season. I get they want an A, B and C plotline to lean into the success of GoT and rich history of source material, but something needs to happen.

In the first 2 episodes there has been a whole bunch of symbology that I seem to see in everything. I was not bored with the writing, or maybe the visuals helped me stay engaged.

rags

Reaction score
My son was huge fan of that show. For reasons I can't say, he was allowed to spend the day on set watching them film. Got to meet a lot of the actors (, the guy who played Penguin and Gordon's sidekick (Donal Loque) showed us around all day. To put it nicely....Baccarin was/is a huge horse's ***. Everyone else was great to my son...she's horrible.

I wish I could have done what your son did. Meet all the stars of the show.

I'm surprised what you said about Baccarin. I don't know why she would act that way.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Secret Headquarters - Paramount+

I'd never heard of it before. Owen Wilson as a somewhat negligent superhero dad. Great movie for kids, and not bad for adults, but corny, as you'd expect from a kids' movie. Still, fairly entertaining. If I was 10, I'd give it an 8.5/10. Since I'm not, 7/10.

Big_D

Reaction score
I don't find it "bad" so far. There are things about it that I dislike, and I don't think most of the comedy is very good, but the show is growing on me.

Nothing changes but her physical stature. Then she’s just a hulk with a briefcase. lol On top of the “smart hulk” there’s the 4th wall thing. Maybe it’ll pickup but any action sequences are few and far between and the comedic aspect doesn’t make up for it. Then there’s the Megan thee stallion name drop for an entire episode. Maybe the remaining episodes will improve? We’ll see!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nothing changes but her physical stature. Then she’s just a hulk with a briefcase. lol On top of the “smart hulk” there’s the 4th wall thing. Maybe it’ll pickup but any action sequences are few and far between and the comedic aspect doesn’t make up for it. Then there’s the Megan thee stallion name drop for an entire episode. Maybe the remaining episodes will improve? We’ll see!
Well, we haven't seen her really challenged yet, so maybe once she gets angry, it'll be more Hulk-like. She does lose it a little bit when she Hulks out.

Big_D

Reaction score
Well, we haven't seen her really challenged yet, so maybe once she gets angry, it'll be more Hulk-like. She does lose it a little bit when she Hulks out.

Possibly. I’m sure it will pickup the pace at some point. But i think it would’ve been better if her hulk alter ego was uncontrollable.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
In the first 2 episodes there has been a whole bunch of symbology that I seem to see in everything. I was not bored with the writing, or maybe the visuals helped me stay engaged.

Bored as I may have been I find myself thinking about it still. I will absolutely be watching the whole series

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
It’s no more funny than network 30 min comedies that come and go after a few years.
SheHulk does what it’s designed to do. Give me MCU content to justify my Disney + subscription leveraging IP the right way.

I also appreciate Tatiana M who is a really good actress. It’s a fun show that I don’t have to go read 100 Reddit threads to find all the interconnected call backs and foreshadowing. Love nerding out on that stuff but I can fold clothes and watch SheHulk and still get Abomination hamming it up

Creeper

Reaction score
Just finished The Sandman on Netflix. Thought it might be an interesting story, but it is just flat out boring. I mean this thing drags like a snail towing a yacht on a trailer with square wheels. They tried to come up with a ending to get viewers looking forward to a new season but by then the only thing anyone is looking forward to is waking from the coma the earlier episodes sank them into.

Also, I am starting to think all these streaming services are producing so many series they are running out of actors who can actually act or deliver lines like they didn't just step out of the acting school they found on the back of a book of matches.

I'll give the Sandman 4 out of 10. That might be generous. I believe we will hear there is no second season coming in a few days or so. This one is a dud.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Amazon pulling reviews of Rings of Power due to neg bombing by viewers on RT. Rings of Power are at 85% with critics and 39% with viewers, so something is definitely off there.

Been a big success so far, 25 million watched.
It seems this has been a contrived plot to roast any of the Amazon productions as soon as they are released and it didn't start with this. I saw some really negative ones on Mrs. Maisel and according to Amazon, these overly negative reviews are coming from the same people. What tipped them off was a lot of the reviews were being posted before they could have watched all of the episodes.

Seems some have a bone to pick with Amazon which is certainly understandable.

I think they should have cast Bezos as a squatty evil elf.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just finished The Sandman on Netflix. Thought it might be an interesting story, but it is just flat out boring. I mean this thing drags like a snail towing a yacht on a trailer with square wheels. They tried to come up with a ending to get viewers looking forward to a new season but by then the only thing anyone is looking forward to is waking from the coma the earlier episodes sank them into.

Also, I am starting to think all these streaming services are producing so many series they are running out of actors who can actually act or deliver lines like they didn't just step out of the acting school they found on the back of a book of matches.

I'll give the Sandman 4 out of 10. That might be generous. I believe we will hear there is no second season coming in a few days or so. This one is a dud.
There are just not enough actors to fill the roles, could not agree more.

Last edited:

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Bored as I may have been I find myself thinking about it still. I will absolutely be watching the whole series

I found it interesting how they lived in light before the first sunrise (genisis 1: 3, 14), the 2 trees one bright and living the other dark with death, the girl talking about the light from above and the darkness in the water with the light being reflected in the water and not being able to tell the difference, as above so below,etc.

i think there was a clear purpose in a lot of the writing, and it was skillfully done.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I found it interesting how they lived in light before the first sunrise (genisis 1: 3, 14), the 2 trees one bright and living the other dark with death, the girl talking about the light from above and the darkness in the water with the light being reflected in the water and not being able to tell the difference, as above so below,etc.

i think there was a clear purpose in a lot of the writing, and it was skillfully done.

In Tolkien/Middle Earth lore, the two trees of Valinor provided light before there was a sunrise. I think you misunderstood the bright and dark - the trees are both light bringers. The sun and moon are made from the last fruits of each of those trees, after they were destroyed by Melkor/Morgoth and Ungoliath.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Please restrict future discussion of Tolkien's series/films solely to Tolkien's mythology (see site rule #6).

dsturgeon

Reaction score
In Tolkien/Middle Earth lore, the two trees of Valinor provided light before there was a sunrise. I think you misunderstood the bright and dark - the trees are both light bringers. The sun and moon are made from the last fruits of each of those trees, after they were destroyed by Melkor/Morgoth and Ungoliath.

due to restrictions, i deleted what i was going to say, but where do you think tokien came up with his concepts or mythologies? Are they new ideas? Where did the idea of other than human creatures come from, or mixing human features on different species/animals

I was merely commenting on how things are shown and what is included (the writing). I see it in all movies, but my view and interests in the people who make movies, differ from most.

I will leave it at that.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Only Murders in the Building: Steve Martin, Martin Short, Selena Gomez, Nathan Lane.....After, I don't know, maybe 6 or 7 episodes, I realized I wasn't really watching it. I was just letting it wander around in the background of my mind. After having it on pause for about 15 minutes I realized I don't want to turn it back on.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Only Murders in the Building: Steve Martin, Martin Short, Selena Gomez, Nathan Lane.....After, I don't know, maybe 6 or 7 episodes, I realized I wasn't really watching it. I was just letting it wander around in the background of my mind. After having it on pause for about 15 minutes I realized I don't want to turn it back on.
Did you pause it when Selena was on the screen??? :p