***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Big_D

Reaction score
Very disappointed in House Of The Dragon. The pace and storytelling feels rushed like it's a Cliff Notes version of the series. I don't know if I like or care for any of the characters, development seems poor. Kinda sad for a followup for GoT.

And another time jump coming this week. They could’ve told the story in flashbacks? It definitely seems rushed. I usually think that when I read a book compared to a film, but in this case I haven’t read it and the pace of the show in 7 episodes is crazy. Trying to squeeze in too much. I’m hoping once they get to a current time frame and stick with it that it improves from there.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
And another time jump coming this week. They could’ve told the story in flashbacks? It definitely seems rushed. I usually think that when I read a book compared to a film, but in this case I haven’t read it and the pace of the show in 7 episodes is crazy. Trying to squeeze in too much. I’m hoping once they get to a current time frame and stick with it that it improves from there.
I was thinking that too, it could have been told in flashbacks to a "current" time frame. It seems, at least so far, would have been a better choice. It just seems like storytelling wreck right now. :(

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very disappointed in House Of The Dragon. The pace and storytelling feels rushed like it's a Cliff Notes version of the series. I don't know if I like or care for any of the characters, development seems poor. Kinda sad for a followup for GoT.
I am not so much disappointed but worried how many seasons will be devoted to the series and if they will have the opportunity to complete them. Perhaps I assumed wrong but I thought the series would focus on the height of the House of Targaryen and the beginnings of its slow downfall that ended centuries later with Daenerys.

Now it seems to me as if the series will embody the ENTIRE downfall time period. If that is true, there is no need for the audience to become attached to actors and their characters like we did for Game of Thrones.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I am not so much disappointed but worried how many seasons will be devoted to the series and if they will have the opportunity to complete them. Perhaps I assumed wrong but I thought the series would focus on the height of the House of Targaryen and the beginnings of its slow downfall that ended centuries later with Daenerys.

Now it seems to me as if the series will embody the ENTIRE downfall time period. If that is true, there is no need for the audience to become attached to actors and their characters like we did for Game of Thrones.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is their only season. It just seems it was so poorly planned......:(

Big_D

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if this is their only season. It just seems it was so poorly planned......:(

it’s already been renewed for a second season so we’ll see where they go with it. Time to settle in to one time period and stick with it.

Creeper

Reaction score

I have to agree with you on a few points. The lack of character development is killing the show because as a viewer I don't really care about any of the characters or what happens to them. If they all get burned by dragons in the next episode I would eat my popcorns and wait for the next set of characters to come on the screen.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
She-Hulk was pretty entertaining this week, and the humor was a bit more... humorous.

Kind of wish she was less of a ho, though.
Matt Murdoch is the biggest ho in the MCU......lol

83bccee24f9c00edc678748350f88b131470d427.gif

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
House of Dragons has been awesome. Not sure why folks are complaining. It’s been six episodes… did you expect the show to be wrapped up?

Big_D

Reaction score
House of Dragons has been awesome. Not sure why folks are complaining. It’s been six episodes… did you expect the show to be wrapped up?

The complaint is about the time jumps and the pace of the show. I think the good parts outweigh the bad but these aspects could’ve been handled better. Episode 8 upcoming and they will have jumped almost 20 years.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched two movies last night. "Last Seen Alive" and "Memory", Gerard Butler, whom I like in most of his roles and Liam Neeson, who has been sentenced to being the same guy in every movie.

"Last Seen Alive" is OK if you can forgive stupid writing but without that, you do not have the movie.

"Memory" has a very ordinary cast and they must have spent all their money on Neeson.

The more new movies I watch, the happier I am with my Blu-Ray collection of certain CC pleasers.

Creeper

Reaction score

Squeeze in too much? I think the problem is there is no story to tell so they added in a bunch of little bits here and there to make it seem like the story is moving along but so far it has gone nowhere.

These time jump are like when NFL games are replayed for TV and they skip ahead in the action because neither team did anything noteworthy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m curious to hear how the fans of the Netflix Daredevil series feel about this version of the character?
I thought that was kind of funny, actually...though I think calling it the "walk of shame" after being with her seems like a misnomer.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Halfway through season 5 of Cobra Kai and after 4 I had already decided this would be my Netflix Guilty Pleasure. It has equally bad acting, directing and writing and just the right amount of cheese for a sit back, relax and just enjoy. Prime example of managing one's expectations and accepting there are just too many productions and just so many quality actors, directors and writers to go around. Kind of like the NFL in that regard.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Halfway through season 5 of Cobra Kai and after 4 I had already decided this would be my Netflix Guilty Pleasure. It has equally bad acting, directing and writing and just the right amount of cheese for a sit back, relax and just enjoy. Prime example of managing one's expectations and accepting there are just too many productions and just so many quality actors, directors and writers to go around. Kind of like the NFL in that regard.
I just can't. Maybe I could...but Ralph friggin ' Macchio.