***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you are a Star Trek fan (I enjoy the shows I have watched but am not that huge of a fan myself), Pluto TV has made some changes. They've had a Star Trek channel for some time though it seemed to be just select episodes of TNG. Now they have a second channel called More Star Trek. As I type this, the original series is on the main channel and DS9 is on the new More channel. Nice improvement to already good service.

Do you like rom-coms? I find them ok sometimes. And Hallmark Christmas moves? I've never really watched those movies, so I am only guessing that Christmas With You on Netflix is in that same vein. I watched it the other day as I enjoyed some of Freddie Prinze Jr.'s previous work (even Wing Commander). The movie was about what I'd expect from a romantic comedy set around Christmas. If you are into that stuff, I say give it a try.
I will keep Pluto TV in mind as a fallback if I ever get away from Paramount+. P+ has every Star Trek series, even the animated ones.

I am currently watching Star Trek Prodigy, which is a series specially made for Nickelodeon's youth audience. The episodes are below custom adult fare but they do have a special appeal. Kate Mulgrew joined the cast for both Vice Admiral Kathryn Janeway and a new hologram character in her image voice. The show is simple and cute but fun.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I will keep Pluto TV in mind as a fallback if I ever get away from Paramount+. P+ has every Star Trek series, even the animated ones.

I am currently watching Star Trek Prodigy, which is a series specially made for Nickelodeon's youth audience. The episodes are below custom adult fare but they do have a special appeal. Kate Mulgrew joined the cast for both Vice Admiral Kathryn Janeway and a new hologram character in her image voice. The show is simple and cute but fun.
I watched a couple of episodes, but didn't care for it. For one, the characters look and act more like Star Wars characters than Star Trek...and it's a bit corny for my taste.

DanteEXT

Reaction score

I watched the first episode but never went back. I thought it was decent enough but definitely geared toward a younger audience.

I really enjoy the Lower Decks series though.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched the first episode but never went back. I thought it was decent enough but definitely geared toward a younger audience.

I really enjoy the Lower Decks series though.
I have tried Lower Decks on a few occasions but cannot get into the format. Maybe one day I will have a similar experience to the one where Star Trek: The Next Generation turned me off initially during the Encounter at Farpoint pilot. I had a private hissy fit watching the Enterprise's primary and secondary hulls separate at warp. A couple of months later I was channel surfing, came across the Contagion episode, fell head over heels, and watched every episode from Farpoint on. My brain is wired wrong. :laugh:

Last edited:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Best part about that White Lotus series on HBO is guessing who is going to die at the end of each season.

They tease you at the beginning and throw in clues, but as Season 2 finished off, my guess wasn't even close to what they did.

Did not see that one coming. And for a second they tease you again and make you feel like that character will be fine. If I say anything else, it will be spoilers.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Question for Wednesday fans. Which actress do you think is older: Jenna Ortega, who plays Wednesday, or Emma Myers, who is Wednesday's dorm mate?

You would be wrong if you guessed Ortega. Both actresses are twenty but Myers (dob April 2, 2002) is five months older than Ortega (dob September 27, 2002).

I thought for certain Myers was not older than 18. Both looked as if they are in the mid-teens in the series. Hopefully next season, any new male main co-stars will not look as if they have already reached their mid-twenties, lol.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Question for Wednesday fans. Which actress do you think is older: Jenna Ortega, who plays Wednesday, or Emma Myers, who is Wednesday's dorm mate?

You would be wrong if you guessed Ortega. Both actresses are twenty but Myers (dob April 2, 2002) is five months older than Ortega (dob September 27, 2002).

I thought for certain Myers was not older than 18. Both looked as if they are in the mid-teens in the series. Hopefully next season, any new male main co-stars will not look as if they have already reached their mid-twenties, lol.
Ever since watching the series, I've been getting all kinds of Jenna Ortega video suggestions on YouTube. I've watched a few, and I have to say, I'm very impressed with her. She seems very humble for a child actor who learned to play cello for one scene in the series, says she "isn't a dancer", but made up the dance scene herself, and of course is a very good actor...and she's adorable as well.

The chemistry between her and Myers is very clear. You can tell they're friends off set.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Really liked "Wednesday" it was a lotta fun. Liked Ortega and Meyers, but you're right about male co-stars.
She seems very humble for a child actor who learned to play cello for one scene in the series, says she "isn't a dancer", but made up the dance scene herself, and of course is a very good actor...and she's adorable as well.

The dance scene was awesome....lol

AlienatedPlushAfricanrockpython-size_restricted.gif

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Watched the Santa Clauses on Disney+. I enjoyed it, probably more than the third movie. The first episode felt a little clunky to me. Sort of like an unpolished pilot episode. Does get better as the season moves along. Only 6 episodes so it is a pretty quick watch.

Plus it confirmed what I had always thought - that the Scott Calvin character becoming Santa wasn't random. He was chosen to take over. Pretty sure that was new information.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Watched the Santa Clauses on Disney+. I enjoyed it, probably more than the third movie. The first episode felt a little clunky to me. Sort of like an unpolished pilot episode. Does get better as the season moves along. Only 6 episodes so it is a pretty quick watch.

Plus it confirmed what I had always thought - that the Scott Calvin character becoming Santa wasn't random. He was chosen to take over. Pretty sure that was new information.
I'm tempted to read the spoiler, even though I haven't watched it, but I'm not going to, just in case it says something weird like, "It turns out Santa isn't real!"

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Anybody else watch/watching Tulsa King? Caught up to the current episode tonight. I'm enjoying it. It's nothing incredible, but it's entertaining enough for me. Plus, I'm a big fan of Sly Stallone! :D

Creeper

Reaction score
Just finished watching Harry & Meghan on Netflix. Full disclosure, I was not a Harry & Meghan fan before I watched it. I am even less of a fan now. The series is titled "Harry and Meghan" but clearly it should have been titled, "Meghan -, oh, and Harry". I didn't keep a running tally but it seems like 80% of the dialogue from the couple was Meghan talking. She was clearly in more scenes than Harry by a wide margin. She is front an center constantly. He is the son of the King of England. Why should he get any attention?

My impression of this Netflix series is it was created as a means of restoring Meghan's tarnished image after some of the things that have been reported. Clearly, the series tried to fix some of the problems created by the Oprah interview. The insinuations about Queen Elizabeth just disappeared. I think those who did not like Meghan before will like her even less. Same with Harry, although those on the fence will probably come away thinking Harry is both dumb and hen-pecked. The joke that Meghan wears the pants in the family is reinforced by the series.

I am not sure this is a spoiler, but just in case I am putting these thoughts inside a spoiler button. Most of what is revealed by the show is already in the public domain.

I have to start with this thought. Harry is the most privileged of the privileged on this planet, and probably any planet, but by virtue only of his birth to two super privileged parents. His beef seems to be he doesn't have enough privilege because he had the great misfortune to be born after his brother William, the future king. Harry is just a "Spare" which is the title of his forthcoming book. So Harry has embarked on a royal temper tantrum. Somehow, he manages to go through all 6 episodes without realizing that everything he has, everything he gets for free, which is incredibly substantial, is all the result of his fantastic privilege.

The couple's main complaint appears to be that they get negative press in the British tabloids, especially Meghan. They pretend it only happens to them and the British tabloids aren't cackling at other members of the royal family as well. (Too bad Princess Margaret is dead because I am sure she could educated them a bit). My goodness this takes an incredible amount of ignorance. But worse than that is while they complain about how the tabloids have treated them, they are using Oprah, Netflix, biographies and other media venues to attack the rest of the royal family. And the attacks are not backed by anything other than innuendo and suspicion. Even when members of the royal staff dispute the H&M accusations, H&M just dismiss it as royal propaganda and witness intimidation. They go so far as to blame Harry's brother William for a witness's testimony against Meghan's lawsuit of the Daily Mail tabloid.

The weird thing about the series is all the videos of Meghan and the royal family together. There are no signs anywhere of anything other than acceptance of Meghan into the family. They tried to help her deal with the media and she took it to be them trying to control her.

They also have a beef with the paparazzi, who follow them everywhere and won't leave them alone. And yet, they insist on constantly stirring up controversy by spilling family dirty laundry in the media that they hate. They work hard to get as much attention as possible. At one point they claim they were looking to move to South Africa or New Zealand to get away from it. Of course they didn't. They moved to Los Angeles and stayed in the mansion of Tyler Perry in the Hills outside Hollywood, for free! I am sure the paparazzi wouldn't bother them there! If they had moved to New Zealand, I am sure they would get very little attention, but I am also sure that would make them both very unhappy because clearly, attention is what they seek - as long as it is the kind of attention they like.

Why do I dislike Harry and Meghan? Because to me there is no worse sin than airing family dirty laundry in public. Harry even admits having close relationships with Prince Prince Philip and Queen Elizabeth, his grandparents. He couldn't talk to them in private about his issues? or to his brother? H&M have turned spilling family secrets into a money making machine. The only question I have is why hasn't King Charles, or Prince William, cut them off completely. No one deserves ostracization from the family more than H&M.

Charles and William keep offering the olive branches, Charles is going to invite them to his coronation, but in return Harry is publishing another tell all book which supposedly dishes even more dirt on his family.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MV5BMmUwZDUwM2ItOGJhOC00NmY5LTkzM2ItZGMyNGNmMjk1MjgzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3MDk2NDg2._V1_.jpg

I just finished watching this one and I have to say that it’s a nice reimagining of A Christmas Carol. A modern musical with great choreography and special effects. I was impressed with both leads as well as the supporting cast. I thought they had surprisingly good chemistry. A bit ‘adult’ with some of the humor and language, but a quality addition to the Christmas special list.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
MV5BMmUwZDUwM2ItOGJhOC00NmY5LTkzM2ItZGMyNGNmMjk1MjgzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA3MDk2NDg2._V1_.jpg

I just finished watching this one and I have to say that it’s a nice reimagining of A Christmas Carol. A modern musical with great choreography and special effects. I was impressed with both leads as well as the supporting cast. I thought they had surprisingly good chemistry. A bit ‘adult’ with some of the humor and language, but a quality addition to the Christmas special list.
Only available on Apple TV.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Has anyone else been watching A Korean Odyssey on Netflix?

It's a supernatural show about a human woman who sees ghosts, fairies, and monsters. It's subtitled, which I think I prefer when it comes to Korean shows, because dubbing tends to make the acting seem really bad.

Anyway, I've become glued to this show. The episodes are pretty long too, over an hour each, I think.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Binged Vikings Valhalla over my Xmas days off. Good stuff. Usually these spin-off series are stinkers, but I enjoyed it a lot, even if it is a big stretch on real Viking history. The writers "get" the court politics the same way the Game of Thrones writers did.