***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

visionary

Reaction score
Has anyone else been watching A Korean Odyssey on Netflix?

It's a supernatural show about a human woman who sees ghosts, fairies, and monsters. It's subtitled, which I think I prefer when it comes to Korean shows, because dubbing tends to make the acting seem really bad.

Anyway, I've become glued to this show. The episodes are pretty long too, over an hour each, I think.

if you’re asking to find out what sort of disease you have, then you’re in luck, I have the answer

it’s called Boredom

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Damn for being exited for Willow this show has been absolutely sewage crap. Terrible dialogue, acting, "forced relationships" God awful music, boring...it's garbage in every way. Avoid...

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Damn for being exited for Willow this show has been absolutely sewage crap. Terrible dialogue, acting, "forced relationships" God awful music, boring...it's garbage in every way. Avoid...

I couldn’t even get past the first 10 minutes. Wife and I looked at each other, laughed, and moved on to something else.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yep. I forgot about it after the first couple of episodes. I don't know why they bothered to even name it after the movie, other than to get people excited to watch a piece of crap show.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HBO Max released the series finale of His Dark Materials tonight. Loved all three seasons but I must say I really did not like the ending. Not one bit. Kinda mad. :mad::laugh:

Creeper

Reaction score
Just finished watching "1899" on Netflix. Not sure what to make of it at first. I may need some time to process it. It was not as gripping as I'd like but it was interesting. Some things were not really explained very well and the ending came out of left field. I guess the question is, is it worth matching 8 episodes? I am not disappointed, neither am I excited about it either. I would give it a 5.5 out of 10.

There were hints throughout the show that this was about an alternate reality, and that it was not 1899 but sometime further into the future. So I knew when the truth came out they would be closer to present day than 1899 which is supposed to be the year when the entire series takes place - except for the last couple of minutes. But the actual ending really came out of nowhere.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched the first two episodes of 1929 yesterday. So far, so good. Not as good as 1883 yet, but you only get to hear Isabel May in this one, you don't get to see her...at least not in the first two episodes, I don't know if they do flashbacks.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched the first two episodes of 1929 yesterday. So far, so good. Not as good as 1883 yet, but you only get to hear Isabel May in this one, you don't get to see her...at least not in the first two episodes, I don't know if they do flashbacks.
Sorry...1923, not 1929.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jack Ryan, season 3 (Amazon Prime). Started off a bit slow (as far as the plot goes, plenty of action) but got really intense. A little bit predictable at times, but only because if they hadn't gone where expected, it wouldn't have made sense.

7.5/10

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Netflix- The Last Breath- documentary about a saturation diving accident. Haven’t had anyone tell me they didn’t really like it. Guys who do that diving are nuts.

The new All Quiet in the Western Front is really good. Netflix.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Been watching Who Rules the World on Netflix, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon type series. I like it - I like it, a lot. After 10 episodes (I think there are 21 episodes in season 1) I give it 8/10.

ESisback

Reaction score
HLN ran a holiday binge-fest. What a great show—especially the first few seasons. No one writes political drama like Aaron Sorkin—so real, so sharp. The last season, when original characters disappeared, lost its magic though.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Been watching Who Rules the World on Netflix, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon type series. I like it - I like it, a lot. After 10 episodes (I think there are 21 episodes in season 1) I give it 8/10.
Dubbed or subtitled?

Creeper

Reaction score
Finished "The Witcher: Blood Origins". It is a 4 episode prequel of sorts for the Witcher series. Only 1 character from the original series is in this one, the Bard. Otherwise it is a completely different cast.

The story sort of sets up the background for The Witcher. Blood Origins is about the Elves, and how the Humans came to be in Elvin lands. Being 4 episodes it is short, which is unusual, but in a way it's good. They don't waste a lot of time on subplots and nonsense.

Overall, I enjoyed it. I could see more limited series dealing with some other aspects of the Witcher origins but I would not expect this group of characters to get another story. I will give it a 7 out of 10.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Finished "The Witcher: Blood Origins". It is a 4 episode prequel of sorts for the Witcher series. Only 1 character from the original series is in this one, the Bard. Otherwise it is a completely different cast.

The story sort of sets up the background for The Witcher. Blood Origins is about the Elves, and how the Humans came to be in Elvin lands. Being 4 episodes it is short, which is unusual, but in a way it's good. They don't waste a lot of time on subplots and nonsense.

Overall, I enjoyed it. I could see more limited series dealing with some other aspects of the Witcher origins but I would not expect this group of characters to get another story. I will give it a 7 out of 10.
I hadn't even noticed it was only 4 episodes. Pretty much the only thing that made it seem anything like The Witcher to me was the poor quality of the monsters. I found it to be much less serious, and lower quality. Worth watching, but don't expect a lot.

6/10 from me.