***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just finished S2 of Tokyo Vice. I don't know if they're planning a S3, but I kinda hope not. The series ended just where it should have, IMO. The final episode actually changed the way I felt about several characters, and made me like others even more.

It was an intense, intelligent, and entertaining show. I give it a 7.5 / 10.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Finally got Apple+ back. I've been catching up on The Morning Show. Really like this 3rd season so far and dig the addition of Jon Hamm.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I watched the first episode of Fallout, but I have never played the game. I enjoyed the show and am intrigued to see what happens next. I am also very confused.

Creeper

Reaction score
I finished "Parasyte: The Grey" on Netflix last night. It is a Korean Sci-fi series, 6 episodes. It was better than I thought it would be. It's about a parasite that crawls into the brains of human hosts and takes over their bodies after consuming their brains. They can't reproduce, but they can look like some of the creatures from Resident Evil. But if you ever watched "The Host", something similar happens to a young Korean woman and the story is about her, and the fight against the parasites. If you are looking for something Sci-fi to watch for a few hours, this wasn't as bad as some other garbage I have watched on Netflix. I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just finished S2 of Tokyo Vice. I don't know if they're planning a S3, but I kinda hope not. The series ended just where it should have, IMO. The final episode actually changed the way I felt about several characters, and made me like others even more.

It was an intense, intelligent, and entertaining show. I give it a 7.5 / 10.
I enjoyed the second and like you said, it was a good ending.

I also agree that it might be best for them to end the series there but I kind of doubt it.

They finished by getting rid of the main bad guy. The young guy that was liked is not head of his clan.
If they did another season I would have to guess it was Sato becoming the man but I do not know how that would play i in with the Reporters and the Police since both got along with Sato and helped him.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watched Fallout.

It was ok. Never played the game so that had no influence on me whether positive or negative.

Walton Goggins does well in about every role he is in. Really underrated guy IMO.

I did like the back story with Walton's character but wish they would went into more info of how he became a ghoul vs the Girls father who did not age. However I guess they can do more of that in the next season.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have been binge watching Jack Ryan.

Just finished season three so only have one more season left.

I have enjoyed the show. Looks like 4th is the final season.

Although John Krasinski did a good job in the show. I think someone else would have done a better job.

One thing about the show that did irritate me is the idea that Jack Ryan was in a helicopter crash and sustained serious injuries including his back. In the first season he mentions he tweaked his back. However the next two seasons he is even more involved in all of the missions like he is capt america and has another situation where he runs a hummer off the road and rolls down a hill but he is up and running again like he never had a back injury. Anyone that has a bad back knows you could not do half the stuff he does.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I enjoyed the second and like you said, it was a good ending.

I also agree that it might be best for them to end the series there but I kind of doubt it.

They finished by getting rid of the main bad guy. The young guy that was liked is not head of his clan.
If they did another season I would have to guess it was Sato becoming the man but I do not know how that would play i in with the Reporters and the Police since both got along with Sato and helped him.
I thought Sato did become the head of his clan. Isn't that what the ceremony was for?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Although John Krasinski did a good job in the show. I think someone else would have done a better job.

One thing about the show that did irritate me is the idea that Jack Ryan was in a helicopter crash and sustained serious injuries including his back. In the first season he mentions he tweaked his back. However the next two seasons he is even more involved in all of the missions like he is capt america and has another situation where he runs a hummer off the road and rolls down a hill but he is up and running again like he never had a back injury. Anyone that has a bad back knows you could not do half the stuff he does.
Great show, and I agree with the spoiler too. Although, I have arthritis in my spine and have had many back injuries, mostly due to delivering furniture for 11 years. I have days where I can do a lot of physical things, but I'll be hurting for weeks afterwards.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I finished "Parasyte: The Grey" on Netflix last night. It is a Korean Sci-fi series, 6 episodes. It was better than I thought it would be. It's about a parasite that crawls into the brains of human hosts and takes over their bodies after consuming their brains. They can't reproduce, but they can look like some of the creatures from Resident Evil. But if you ever watched "The Host", something similar happens to a young Korean woman and the story is about her, and the fight against the parasites. If you are looking for something Sci-fi to watch for a few hours, this wasn't as bad as some other garbage I have watched on Netflix. I'd give it a 6 out of 10.
I have seen the series' preview. It has the look and feel of an anime series from ten years ago called Parasyte: The Maxim.

6HXY7JR.png

Even the word 'parasite' is changed with a 'y' instead of an 'i'. It is on my watchlist. Hopefully (if it is based on the same or similar story), the CGI action will be close to what was seen in the anime. The anime was a good representation of science fiction/horror, which I enjoyed. I hope the parasites' graphic intensity is near the same. If it is, it may prove squeamish for some viewers.

The main change I can tell right now is the main protagonist being female instead of male. That will not be an issue for me as long as her internal and external struggles and hardships are similar. That was what drove that story more than anything else.

Creeper

Reaction score

This happens a lot in TV shows. cars, trucks, busses do flips and summersaults, or roll down steep hills, and the hero, or the bad guys, walks away. The physical forces the body endures during these incidents break bones, dismember people, and cause severe head trauma almost every time. It is a miracle if anyone walks away to get in a fight 5 minutes later. But then again, shooting guys between the eyes with a hand gun from 60 ft is pretty difficult too.

DasTex

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Watched Fallout.

It was ok. Never played the game so that had no influence on me whether positive or negative.

Walton Goggins does well in about every role he is in. Really underrated guy IMO.

I did like the back story with Walton's character but wish they would went into more info of how he became a ghoul vs the Girls father who did not age. However I guess they can do more of that in the next season.
Not sure on the ghoul part, but the father was

kept in the cyro-pod I believe for a good bit of time. Same one the son was told to go stay in.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I have seen the series' preview. It has the look and feel of an anime series from ten years ago called Parasyte: The Maxim.

6HXY7JR.png

Even the word 'parasite' is changed with a 'y' instead of an 'i'. It is on my watchlist. Hopefully (if it is based on the same or similar story), the CGI action will be close to what was seen in the anime. The anime was a good representation of science fiction/horror, which I enjoyed. I hope the parasites' graphic intensity is near the same. If it is, it may prove squeamish for some viewers.

The main change I can tell right now is the main protagonist being female instead of male. That will not be an issue for me as long as her internal and external struggles and hardships are similar. That was what drove that story more than anything else.
I watched the anime and recommend it. Not sure if the new series is based on it.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
This happens a lot in TV shows. cars, trucks, busses do flips and summersaults, or roll down steep hills, and the hero, or the bad guys, walks away. The physical forces the body endures during these incidents break bones, dismember people, and cause severe head trauma almost every time. It is a miracle if anyone walks away to get in a fight 5 minutes later. But then again, shooting guys between the eyes with a hand gun from 60 ft is pretty difficult too.
Didn’t Vin Diesel bring down an entire parking structure by stomping on it in one of the Fast and Furious, luuulz?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Outer Range on Prime

Just watched the first season, New season starts next month.

Description per IMDB

A rancher fighting for his land and family discovers an unfathomable mystery at the edge of Wyoming's wilderness.

Little bit of modern day western with a little scifi mixed in.

Cool show, little slow at times but good acting With Josh Brolin playing the lead.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Late to the party but just now watching Shogun on Hulu.

Just as good as everyone made it sound. Japanese Game of Thrones. LOL

If you are interested in the real history this is based on, Netflix has a great drama-documentary on this period in Japan and the shoguns that reunited the island. The guy who is the impeached lord in the series is based on a real figure who you learn about in the last two episodes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Samurai:_Battle_for_Japan

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Outer Range on Prime

Just watched the first season, New season starts next month.

Description per IMDB

A rancher fighting for his land and family discovers an unfathomable mystery at the edge of Wyoming's wilderness.

Little bit of modern day western with a little scifi mixed in.

Cool show, little slow at times but good acting With Josh Brolin playing the lead.
Oh cool, I didn't know that another season was coming out. I liked the first one.

Creeper

Reaction score
Late to the party but just now watching Shogun on Hulu.

Just as good as everyone made it sound. Japanese Game of Thrones. LOL

If you are interested in the real history this is based on, Netflix has a great drama-documentary on this period in Japan and the shoguns that reunited the island. The guy who is the impeached lord in the series is based on a real figure who you learn about in the last two episodes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Samurai:_Battle_for_Japan

Age of the Samurai was pretty good. We don't learn much about Asian history in school, so this show was a good primer on Japanese history in general.