***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have mentioned it before but Tokyo Vice has been really good. The second season is almost done.

The Walking Dead: The Ones who live

Have to say this is a bit of a let down.
WAY too much time with the struggle of Rick and Michonne SP? deciding if they will go or stay.
The emo nature of some of it just is a beating IMO.

visionary

Reaction score
Kaboom SHOGUN just killing everything on TV right now! Just amazing. The music, the cinematography, the character arcs, the action. Top tier.
The original series was great too with Richard Chamberlain
The book was even better
I usually wait till the season is over to binge

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I have mentioned it before but Tokyo Vice has been really good. The second season is almost done.

The Walking Dead: The Ones who live

Have to say this is a bit of a let down.
WAY too much time with the struggle of Rick and Michonne SP? deciding if they will go or stay.
The emo nature of some of it just is a beating IMO.
I always forget AMC is still running with TWD universe. I loved that show for awhile, but I think it's mostly ran it's course for me. Kind of turns into regurgitated material. One group runs into another group, there's a fight, people die, a good character dies for the shock value, the "hero" saves the day, they absorb part of the other group, and set up a village. Rinse and repeat.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The original series was great too with Richard Chamberlain
The book was even better
I usually wait till the season is over to binge
I am a huge fan of the book and original series.

I liked pretty much every actor from the original series acting or fit better. The actor playing Toranaga on the new series is pretty good but still like the original better.

Certain aspects of the new one are better but for the most part even though the original is dated, I have liked it better.

Still this new version is pretty good.

Creeper

Reaction score
I finished "The Signal" on Netflix. It is a 4 episode limited series. I think it is German. It's awful. When I watch a sci-fi series I want the main characters be be intelligent. Dumb characters make it hard to sell a sci-fi story. In this series one of the main characters acts like a complete idiot. It is not intentional I don't think. I think the writers think he is actually fairly smart. He just seems oblivious to everything obvious. I will say the story itself is not that bad, but this series kind of ruins it with the usual clichés about earthlings being so horrible to each other and the planet, blah, blah, blah. How do we know how aliens behave with each other or with their own planet? Maybe they are worse than we are! In any case, I would not waste my time on this show. It is another Netflix series they bought from a foreign entertainment company to fill their lineup card - kind of like the way Jerry signs cheap players to fill his roster.

I also finished "Ripley". This is an 8 part series remake of the movie with Matt Damon, "The Incredible Mr. Ripley". Different actors of course. Why did they make the movie into a series? I have no idea, but in order to get 8 episodes they dragged out some scenes from the movies to the point where you scream at the TV, "Just get on with it!". It becomes apparent at the end that Netflix is going to have a season 2 with an entirely new storyline - assuming season 1 gets any attention. I am not a Dakota Fanning fan. Maybe she was cute as a child actress but all grown up she looks like the biological daughter of Bette Davis and Mr. Potato Head. If you really liked the movie I am not sure how you will react to this series. IMO, the main character, Tom Ripley, is not likeable enough to pull of this plot. If there is a season 2, I probably won't watch it. I give season 1 5 out of 10.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I finished "The Signal" on Netflix. It is a 4 episode limited series. I think it is German. It's awful. When I watch a sci-fi series I want the main characters be be intelligent. Dumb characters make it hard to sell a sci-fi story. In this series one of the main characters acts like a complete idiot. It is not intentional I don't think. I think the writers think he is actually fairly smart. He just seems oblivious to everything obvious. I will say the story itself is not that bad, but this series kind of ruins it with the usual clichés about earthlings being so horrible to each other and the planet, blah, blah, blah. How do we know how aliens behave with each other or with their own planet? Maybe they are worse than we are! In any case, I would not waste my time on this show. It is another Netflix series they bought from a foreign entertainment company to fill their lineup card - kind of like the way Jerry signs cheap players to fill his roster.

I also finished "Ripley". This is an 8 part series remake of the movie with Matt Damon, "The Incredible Mr. Ripley". Different actors of course. Why did they make the movie into a series? I have no idea, but in order to get 8 episodes they dragged out some scenes from the movies to the point where you scream at the TV, "Just get on with it!". It becomes apparent at the end that Netflix is going to have a season 2 with an entirely new storyline - assuming season 1 gets any attention. I am not a Dakota Fanning fan. Maybe she was cute as a child actress but all grown up she looks like the biological daughter of Bette Davis and Mr. Potato Head. If you really liked the movie I am not sure how you will react to this series. IMO, the main character, Tom Ripley, is not likeable enough to pull of this plot. If there is a season 2, I probably won't watch it. I give season 1 5 out of 10.
Dark (2017-2020) which is German is a pretty good sci fi series.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone heard of or watched Beacon 23?

Seen it listed as MGM+ but it is available to watch on Prime.

One of the main characters is the lady who Played Cerci Lannister.

Future sifi show. Looks to be basically a floating lighthouse in space.

I only watched the first couple of episodes. It looks like they put some money into the sets and costumes.
The acting is ok.

However both episodes were slow...first one slower than the second. So far the stories/writing has been less than stellar.

I do not know if it gets better as it goes or not.

Was hoping someone has seen it and can let me know if it is worth watching more or not.

Creeper

Reaction score
Anyone heard of or watched Beacon 23?

Seen it listed as MGM+ but it is available to watch on Prime.

One of the main characters is the lady who Played Cerci Lannister.

Future sifi show. Looks to be basically a floating lighthouse in space.

I only watched the first couple of episodes. It looks like they put some money into the sets and costumes.
The acting is ok.

However both episodes were slow...first one slower than the second. So far the stories/writing has been less than stellar.

I do not know if it gets better as it goes or not.

Was hoping someone has seen it and can let me know if it is worth watching more or not.
I watched Season 1 and just caught the 1st episode of season 2 the other night. Yes, it is slow, at times it put me to sleep or had me changing the channel. Lena Heady is the main character is season 1. She was in GoT. I guess some might call it a "slow burn" sci-fi. I will continue to watch the episodes in season 2 but I can understand people who turn it off and don't bother.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Haven’t read through the thread recently to check, but has anyone started watching the Gentleman on Netflix?

I’ve really enjoyed it thus far. It stars Theo James (most notably from White Lotus) whom I think would make an excellent James Bond.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haven’t read through the thread recently to check, but has anyone started watching the Gentleman on Netflix?

I’ve really enjoyed it thus far. It stars Theo James (most notably from White Lotus) whom I think would make an excellent James Bond.
Yes I loved it.

Really liked the Movie and enjoyed the Series as well.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fallout for the win! I actually wrote a fan fiction for a Fallout movie like 10 years ago. My top 5 video game series ever. Show is dope. Brotherhood of Steel haha.
Movie and television entertainment has certainly evolved. It used to be that the industry made movies and television series that inspired video games. It has now been a full decade of significant examples where the script has been flipped on its head.

I really liked the series trailer but have never played the game. The trailer previews a number of possible storylines. Is the game just as detailed as the trailer seemingly looks to be? If so, the game must have been tons of fun. :)

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
Movie and television entertainment has certainly evolved. It used to be that the industry made movies and television series that inspired video games. It has now been a full decade of significant examples where the script has been flipped on its head.

I really liked the series trailer but have never played the game. The trailer previews a number of possible storylines. Is the game just as detailed as the trailer seemingly looks to be? If so, the game must have been tons of fun. :)
They really nailed the environment and setting. Some of the games are set in different locations. My favorite is Fallout: New Vegas. It's insane. The show is more based on Fallout 3 and 4. I bet New Vegas will be Season 2. Oh and they're updating/remaking Fallout 4 in a few weeks. Perfect time to jump in the wasteland haha!

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score

FO4 is great. Big open world game. Lots of quests and stuff to do. You can spend a couple hundred hours playing it. I'm going to get it again when the remaster comes out.

rags747

Reaction score
Fallout for the win! I actually wrote a fan fiction for a Fallout movie like 10 years ago. My top 5 video game series ever. Show is dope. Brotherhood of Steel haha.
Agreed! Watched the first two episodes last night, looking forward to watching another two tonight. Quite outstanding so far. Actually just setup my Xbox X about a month ago, 2nd game I downloaded was Fallout 4.