***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Creeper

Reaction score
Just finished all 3 seasons of "Wrong Side of the Tracks" on Netflix. I was desperate to binge something so I picked this one. It is a Spanish drama about a grumpy older man that owns a hardware store in a crime ridden section of Madrid. He gets involved in trying to clean up the neighborhood when his grand daughter becomes a victim. If gets very soapy at times, but there is also some action and intrigue. The action though is nothing like you might see in an American series. There is nowhere near as much killing.

I didn't hate the series. I didn't love it either. It is very contrived at some points to create suspense. It gets silly at times trying to have that suspense without having actual murders - until the end of season 3 that goes off the rails a little bit.

If this was an American series it would be very different.. More people would die for one thing. The weapons used by drug gangs would be different too. Our gangs in movies and TV shows have moved on from saw-off shotguns to more modern sporting rifles.

Over time I did begin to like some of the characters, even if the story is kind of corny, and as I said, soapy. But overall, I Have to say this one is a 4.5 out of 10. I imagine they will make a season 4 because it sets up that way at the end of season 3, but I am not holding my breath waiting for it to come out.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Just finished all 3 seasons of "Wrong Side of the Tracks" on Netflix. I was desperate to binge something so I picked this one. It is a Spanish drama about a grumpy older man that owns a hardware store in a crime ridden section of Madrid. He gets involved in trying to clean up the neighborhood when his grand daughter becomes a victim. If gets very soapy at times, but there is also some action and intrigue. The action though is nothing like you might see in an American series. There is nowhere near as much killing.

I didn't hate the series. I didn't love it either. It is very contrived at some points to create suspense. It gets silly at times trying to have that suspense without having actual murders - until the end of season 3 that goes off the rails a little bit.

If this was an American series it would be very different.. More people would die for one thing. The weapons used by drug gangs would be different too. Our gangs in movies and TV shows have moved on from saw-off shotguns to more modern sporting rifles.

Over time I did begin to like some of the characters, even if the story is kind of corny, and as I said, soapy. But overall, I Have to say this one is a 4.5 out of 10. I imagine they will make a season 4 because it sets up that way at the end of season 3, but I am not holding my breath waiting for it to come out.
What gangs are using sporting rifles? I'm always seeing handguns being used on the news, they are easy to conceal. Now drug cartels on the border are using rifles, but I don't think they are using sporting rifles.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Just watched the latest (season finale?) episode of 3 Body Problem.

The acting is pretty good, and the story is good, as long as you can get past the bad science.

Creeper

Reaction score
What gangs are using sporting rifles? I'm always seeing handguns being used on the news, they are easy to conceal. Now drug cartels on the border are using rifles, but I don't think they are using sporting rifles.
I was referring to how they are depicted in the movies and TV, not real life. US movies have them using automatic weapons and assault rifles.

Creeper

Reaction score
New SiFi show on netflix.
Three Body Problem

Only the third episode in.
It is interesting to say the least. First episode sort of jumps around a bit but give it a chance.

I hope this turns out good and not a stinker but I am interested in it so far.

I will just copy and paste the description from IMDB

A fateful decision made in 1960s China reverberates in the present, where a group of scientists partner with a detective to confront an existential planetary threat.

On a side note.. Samwell Tarley and Sir Davos Seaworth from Game of Thrones are on the show.
I just finished episode 3 as well. I am fully engaged now and interested in where this goes.

One thing I am curious about, when Ye Wenjie receives the message in China in the 1960s or so, it was not clear how long it took from her last transmission to the reply, which would indicate how far from earth the responder is located. In episode 3, the mystery woman says there are interstellar space ships headed for earth but are 4 light years away still. Assuming they had started their journey after Ye sent the message to come and they have 4 light years left to travel we have to assume they were much farther than 4 light years to start or they are traveling at a slow speed relative to light speed. In any case, the point is it would take at least 4 years for the original signal to reach them, and another 4 for theirs to reach earth. It did not seem that long from the way they played it out in the episode.

It is all intriguing and reminiscent of Stephen Hawking's warning not to send signals into space because whoever is listening might not be friendly.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I just finished episode 3 as well. I am fully engaged now and interested in where this goes.

One thing I am curious about, when Ye Wenjie receives the message in China in the 1960s or so, it was not clear how long it took from her last transmission to the reply, which would indicate how far from earth the responder is located. In episode 3, the mystery woman says there are interstellar space ships headed for earth but are 4 light years away still. Assuming they had started their journey after Ye sent the message to come and they have 4 light years left to travel we have to assume they were much farther than 4 light years to start or they are traveling at a slow speed relative to light speed. In any case, the point is it would take at least 4 years for the original signal to reach them, and another 4 for theirs to reach earth. It did not seem that long from the way they played it out in the episode.

It is all intriguing and reminiscent of Stephen Hawking's warning not to send signals into space because whoever is listening might not be friendly.
I believe they're supposed to be traveling at 1/100th the speed of light, hence why they said it'll be 400 years before they arrive.

DanteEXT

Reaction score
Finished season 2 of Halo. I have enjoyed the series and hope there is a season 3. My enjoyment of the show might be from having never played any of the games, according to some of what I have seen online.

Creeper

Reaction score
Finished season 2 of Halo. I have enjoyed the series and hope there is a season 3. My enjoyment of the show might be from having never played any of the games, according to some of what I have seen online.
I enjoyed it too, but I thought season 2 dragged a little.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I did not hear that. Was that in episode 3?
I don't remember exactly when they said it, but if, in the show they know the aliens are on their way , I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned by now.

BTW, when she aimed the pulse at the center of the sun, she would have missed it completely, by the time the pulse arrived 8 minutes later. (Sorry, there are a lot of things I noticed that made me just try to not think too much about it, but that one was too obvious.)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Recently rewatched all of Star Trek Strange new worlds...the main Pike and Spock on.
Hope they start the third season soon.

Rewatched Star Trek Discovery again as the new and final season will start in a few days.

Still like both shows although the "Musical" episode of Strange new worlds was a beating.

Rewatched first season of Dexter. Forgot how much I really liked that show. Sure Deb wore on your nerves and the show got a little old toward the end in the last couple of seasons but still a fun watch for those that have not seen it or for those who have not watched it in a long time.

Not sure what i will watch next. Might watch more Dexter or start with Star Trek Voyager again. Been in a binge mood and Star Trek has been hitting that spot.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Recently rewatched all of Star Trek Strange new worlds...the main Pike and Spock on.
Hope they start the third season soon.

Rewatched Star Trek Discovery again as the new and final season will start in a few days.

Still like both shows although the "Musical" episode of Strange new worlds was a beating.

Rewatched first season of Dexter. Forgot how much I really liked that show. Sure Deb wore on your nerves and the show got a little old toward the end in the last couple of seasons but still a fun watch for those that have not seen it or for those who have not watched it in a long time.

Not sure what i will watch next. Might watch more Dexter or start with Star Trek Voyager again. Been in a binge mood and Star Trek has been hitting that spot.
The fairy tale episode was pretty bad too, but overall, it's an excellent show.

Creeper

Reaction score
I don't remember exactly when they said it, but if, in the show they know the aliens are on their way , I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned by now.

BTW, when she aimed the pulse at the center of the sun, she would have missed it completely, by the time the pulse arrived 8 minutes later. (Sorry, there are a lot of things I noticed that made me just try to not think too much about it, but that one was too obvious.)
It was in episode 4, I watched it yesterday. I am up to episode 7 now and I am seeing some inconsistencies and the questionable science. For example,

If the aliens are 4 light years away, how did they get those helmets and other technology to earth so quickly? And if they could get the helmets to earth so quickly then why is it going to take them 400 years to get to earth?
Also, their sophons must use some form of energy to operate. According to how they were described they require massive amounts of energy. If this is true, then I imagine that energy would produce a signal strong enough to be detected. It would produce heat energy. I would also suspect the sophons which are enormous but folded up into a proton sized objects would have enormous mass. Something of that mass colliding into air molecules, or the molecules of dense materials, like lead for example, would release a tremendous amount of energy, and the collisions would undoubtedly destroy the sophon, among other things. Or, the sophon is occupying many dimensions simultaneously with each dimension containing only a atomic particle sized piece of the computer but also able to function as if in one dimension? Interesting concept.

I also have an issue with the atomic explosions to propel a space ship theory. A ship that could withstand the gamma ray bursts would be big and heavy and tough to get into space. Maybe that's why they will build it on the moon?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was in episode 4, I watched it yesterday. I am up to episode 7 now and I am seeing some inconsistencies and the questionable science. For example,

If the aliens are 4 light years away, how did they get those helmets and other technology to earth so quickly? And if they could get the helmets to earth so quickly then why is it going to take them 400 years to get to earth?
Also, their sophons must use some form of energy to operate. According to how they were described they require massive amounts of energy. If this is true, then I imagine that energy would produce a signal strong enough to be detected. It would produce heat energy. I would also suspect the sophons which are enormous but folded up into a proton sized objects would have enormous mass. Something of that mass colliding into air molecules, or the molecules of dense materials, like lead for example, would release a tremendous amount of energy, and the collisions would undoubtedly destroy the sophon, among other things. Or, the sophon is occupying many dimensions simultaneously with each dimension containing only a atomic particle sized piece of the computer but also able to function as if in one dimension? Interesting concept.

I also have an issue with the atomic explosions to propel a space ship theory. A ship that could withstand the gamma ray bursts would be big and heavy and tough to get into space. Maybe that's why they will build it on the moon?
I assume they had the sophon somehow build the helmets, but I agree, the siphons must have mass. I also question the ability to choose a partner particle which to quantum entangle, and the ability to transfer information instantly, other than just the spin of the particles. And when they enlarged the proton and made it into a supercomputer, they must have added billions, or trillions of atoms. What happens to those when they shrink it back down?

There are a lot of things you need to just let go, in order to enjoy the show. But hey, I do it for the Avengers movies, so....

Creeper

Reaction score
I assume they had the sophon somehow build the helmets, but I agree, the siphons must have mass. I also question the ability to choose a partner particle which to quantum entangle, and the ability to transfer information instantly, other than just the spin of the particles. And when they enlarged the proton and made it into a supercomputer, they must have added billions, or trillions of atoms. What happens to those when they shrink it back down?

There are a lot of things you need to just let go, in order to enjoy the show. But hey, I do it for the Avengers movies, so....
I finished the series yesterday, and looking back, it was 8 episodes of really not much happening. I was hoping the story would be further along that it got to when it ended. I hope they don't do to it what Prime did to the Peripheral.

I didn't consider the sophon building the helmets. I am not sure how that would work. Is it a computer with some kind of 3d printer too? It is still the first question I would ask.

I get the theory of how the sophon pairs instantly communicate, but normally in quantum pairs they are not 4 light years apart. So how they communicate instantly is a mystery, but I think we are to assume we are too stupid to understand how the superior alien species does it. In any case, it is another question I would want to answer pretty quickly. Maybe there is a way to block communications between the pairs rendering the sophons on earth useless.

I was thinking about how to approach the problem facing earthlings with 400 years before the bad guys arrive. I think I would want to understand how those helmets work. Perhaps taking one apart would offer some clues, not only to their technical capabilities but also how they communicate, and how their power sources works. Reverse engineering would give earth a huge jump start to developing equivalent or better technology. Which, btw, is one of the coolest aspects of the show. We never really think about alien invasions that way. Usually they show up and are already far superior to earthlings. But here we have to consider where earth tech will be 400 years from now.

The second thing is figuring out how to shield our technology from their sophons. Considering what they are there must be a way. If we can confine subatomic particles in particle accelerators, then we should be able to block a proton size particle somehow. We are so dependent on technology without the ability to protect it from the sophons any tech developments would be useless. Wade found that out wile he was traveling by plane - which by the way seemed like a big mistake to me when they put Saul on a plane to NY.

I found it interesting that they selected 2 military people to be wallfacers and only 1 scientist. It seems to me the technology is going to make the difference. Military tactics are impossible to plan unless you know the weaponry you are up against. I would have picked two scientists and maybe 1 military guy at this point. Maybe in 300 years I would change the makeup to more military guys once I knew how far technology had advanced.

In any case, the show was clearly written with several seasons in mind. At the pace it is going, it will take 400 seasons to get to the end. We just have to hope a) we live that long and b) it doesn't get cancelled before it ends, like Dark Matter which ended with a cliff hanger of alien space ships arriving just as the final episode ended.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I finished the series yesterday, and looking back, it was 8 episodes of really not much happening. I was hoping the story would be further along that it got to when it ended. I hope they don't do to it what Prime did to the Peripheral.

I didn't consider the sophon building the helmets. I am not sure how that would work. Is it a computer with some kind of 3d printer too? It is still the first question I would ask.

I get the theory of how the sophon pairs instantly communicate, but normally in quantum pairs they are not 4 light years apart. So how they communicate instantly is a mystery, but I think we are to assume we are too stupid to understand how the superior alien species does it. In any case, it is another question I would want to answer pretty quickly. Maybe there is a way to block communications between the pairs rendering the sophons on earth useless.

I was thinking about how to approach the problem facing earthlings with 400 years before the bad guys arrive. I think I would want to understand how those helmets work. Perhaps taking one apart would offer some clues, not only to their technical capabilities but also how they communicate, and how their power sources works. Reverse engineering would give earth a huge jump start to developing equivalent or better technology. Which, btw, is one of the coolest aspects of the show. We never really think about alien invasions that way. Usually they show up and are already far superior to earthlings. But here we have to consider where earth tech will be 400 years from now.

The second thing is figuring out how to shield our technology from their sophons. Considering what they are there must be a way. If we can confine subatomic particles in particle accelerators, then we should be able to block a proton size particle somehow. We are so dependent on technology without the ability to protect it from the sophons any tech developments would be useless. Wade found that out wile he was traveling by plane - which by the way seemed like a big mistake to me when they put Saul on a plane to NY.

I found it interesting that they selected 2 military people to be wallfacers and only 1 scientist. It seems to me the technology is going to make the difference. Military tactics are impossible to plan unless you know the weaponry you are up against. I would have picked two scientists and maybe 1 military guy at this point. Maybe in 300 years I would change the makeup to more military guys once I knew how far technology had advanced.

In any case, the show was clearly written with several seasons in mind. At the pace it is going, it will take 400 seasons to get to the end. We just have to hope a) we live that long and b) it doesn't get cancelled before it ends, like Dark Matter which ended with a cliff hanger of alien space ships arriving just as the final episode ended.
Maybe the sophons (made up word, I believe) somehow directed a few humans how to make the helmets?

We know the sophons have gone into the super colliders and messed up experiments, and would do so again, so maybe they can set traps?

Creeper

Reaction score
Maybe the sophons (made up word, I believe) somehow directed a few humans how to make the helmets?

We know the sophons have gone into the super colliders and messed up experiments, and would do so again, so maybe they can set traps?
We do know the aliens intention is to disrupt the advancement of science on earth. That's why they are messing with the colliders, and killing scientists. Although I don't think they can actually kill anyone without having human assets to do it for them. But it seem to me the science they are attacking is what they consider the biggest threat to their invasion. This is another clue to exploit. Why did they want Auggie to stop development of nanofibers? I think you can imagine how something like that could be both an offensive and defensive weapon. And why are they trying to kill Saul? Wat threat does he pose? I suspect Ye told them Saul is a threat at some point.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We do know the aliens intention is to disrupt the advancement of science on earth. That's why they are messing with the colliders, and killing scientists. Although I don't think they can actually kill anyone without having human assets to do it for them. But it seem to me the science they are attacking is what they consider the biggest threat to their invasion. This is another clue to exploit. Why did they want Auggie to stop development of nanofibers? I think you can imagine how something like that could be both an offensive and defensive weapon. And why are they trying to kill Saul? Wat threat does he pose? I suspect Ye told them Saul is a threat at some point.
The spoilers between Creeper and I are regarding 3 Body Problem:
They've already driven some people to commit suicide, so they're capable of killing autonomously. As for the nanofibers, I doubt it was simply because of the uses they've found so far, so the humans need to figure out why that, and whatever else, frightens the aliens. They don't have the gift of precognition, at least not that they've mentioned, so maybe they've developed nanofibers themselves and weaponized them. I don't know why Saul is such a threat, other than his genius.

I just found this, which is pretty good, though I disagree with the concept that the nanofibers being used for the attack on Judgement Day is why they tried to make her shut it down.

Last edited by a moderator:

speedkilz88

Reaction score