***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I am only at Episode 7 now, and I love the show overall, but I am put off by Cosmo Jarvis and his Richard Burton impression. I just find him miscast as Blackthorne. And his acting is a bit hammy. It makes any emotional connection with Mariko hard to believe.
Yeah, Blackthorn was certainly miss cast but overall the series is better than I expected. I lived in Japan for many years and have read all the Shogun series some of them twice. If you haven’t read Shogun, it’s a must as well as the whole series.

Creeper

Reaction score
I finished Shogun last night. This is truly a classic and an epic series. I wish I could have watched it without commercials but despite the interruptions it was still a fantastic show. So many great performances from an exceptional cast. Even some of the bit players did a fantastic job. The detail that went into this show was as good as anything I have seen in a long time. However, I am sticking to my guns about Cosmo Jarvis. He was just a bad choice for Blackthorne. His overacting is a distraction at times. I still think he is a Richard Burton impersonator.

I highly recommend this series. I hope it is released on Netflix or Prime in a year or two, without commercials. I will definitely watch it again then.

I give this show a 9.5 out of 10. I have never rated a show that high before. But the more I think about it, the more I realize it was almost perfect in so many ways. I tried to imagine not having watched the original series and just watching this as a new and original series. I imagine I would have been awed by the story, not that this show was that similar to the original - it's not as far as I can remember, but just the whole concept being new would makes this a spectacular event.

If I had to find flaws in the show I would say Jarvis's performance is one, and the scenes where Mariko's is fighting with her naginata. Those scenes looked more staged than real. This is a small detail easy to overlook given the greatness of the rest of this show.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Just finished Fallout. I absolutely loved it!! It's probably the best show I've watched in a while. I haven't had a show pull me in like that to binge watch in a long time. I enjoyed every episode and every minute of it.

Bring on season 2!!!

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Finally starting Fallout today and what the hell, it's been awhile since I have been on Amazon Prime TV, you have to watch ads now?

I swear, these companies are getting so greedy. The whole point of paying for their app was to have premium access to content. Now you have to have the Premium Premium's Premium's plan to not have ads. Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Ok, now get off my lawn!!!
Yep, I pay for both Amazon Prime and Hulu and find myself now pirating their shows--even though I have the service-- so I don't have to watch the ads.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The Roast of Tom Brady on Netflix...gut splitting hilariousness. Tom got absolutely annihilated. Like they were savage to him. And Gronk getting it from Nikki Glazer stole the show LOL
I haven't watched it yet, but saw some clips and it was savage, it appears that absolutely nothing was off the table. There were some cold blooded clips to the point I can't believe they went there. Surprised to hear that Eli Manning wasn't there, but he explained later in a tweet........... :laugh:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I finished Shogun last night. This is truly a classic and an epic series. I wish I could have watched it without commercials but despite the interruptions it was still a fantastic show. So many great performances from an exceptional cast. Even some of the bit players did a fantastic job. The detail that went into this show was as good as anything I have seen in a long time. However, I am sticking to my guns about Cosmo Jarvis. He was just a bad choice for Blackthorne. His overacting is a distraction at times. I still think he is a Richard Burton impersonator.

I highly recommend this series. I hope it is released on Netflix or Prime in a year or two, without commercials. I will definitely watch it again then.

I give this show a 9.5 out of 10. I have never rated a show that high before. But the more I think about it, the more I realize it was almost perfect in so many ways. I tried to imagine not having watched the original series and just watching this as a new and original series. I imagine I would have been awed by the story, not that this show was that similar to the original - it's not as far as I can remember, but just the whole concept being new would makes this a spectacular event.

If I had to find flaws in the show I would say Jarvis's performance is one, and the scenes where Mariko's is fighting with her naginata. Those scenes looked more staged than real. This is a small detail easy to overlook given the greatness of the rest of this show.
I’ve read the book twice and they are just part way through it so there must be another season coming.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I haven't watched it yet, but saw some clips and it was savage, it appears that absolutely nothing was off the table. There were some cold blooded clips to the point I can't believe they went there. Surprised to hear that Eli Manning wasn't there, but he explained later in a tweet........... :laugh:

Haha that's great. Tom definitely heard about Eli! Some of the stuff was wayyyy messed up but I guess Tom told them all to unload on him and oh boy did they...even Belichek had a set lol

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Eli's much funnier in print.

Creeper

Reaction score
I’ve read the book twice and they are just part way through it so there must be another season coming.
Intersting. I thought I read the producers of this series say they are done, but that doesn't have to mean the series will not have another season.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Intersting. I thought I read the producers of this series say they are done, but that doesn't have to mean the series will not have another season.
They are done, he is incorrect.
It is a one and done mini series just like the original.
Although the book ends with the same result...it is different in how it achieved the end result.

starman22

Reaction score
The Roast of Tom Brady on Netflix...gut splitting hilariousness. Tom got absolutely annihilated. Like they were savage to him. And Gronk getting it from Nikki Glazer stole the show LOL
I loved the roast, Kevin Hart was great, and even though I had never heard of most of the roasters that were to Kevin Hart's left side, some of them were very good.

I do wish some of the old regulars would have been there (Greg Giraldo), but this group did a pretty good job. Julian Edelman (sp) was great!!

Creeper

Reaction score
I finished watching "Godless" today on Netflix. It is a western if you like that sort of show. I liked it. Some good performances. It is 7 episodes and it has an actual ending which I think is satisfying for the most part.

I give it a 7 out of 10, plus or minus 1.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, Blackthorn was certainly miss cast but overall the series is better than I expected. I lived in Japan for many years and have read all the Shogun series some of them twice. If you haven’t read Shogun, it’s a must as well as the whole series.
Although James Clavell did write many books that were centered in Asia and they are considered a series.
Each book is a book of it's own and the Shogun Mini series is only based on the Shogun Book.

The other ones like King Rat, Tai Pan, Nobel House, Whirlwind and Gai-Jin are all stand alone books from different time periods and locations in Japan.

They also made movies from a few of his other books like King Rat, Tai Pan and Noble house. None of them, IMO, even come close to the greatness of the Shogun mini series. Nor, are the other books as good as Shogun IMO.

On a side note, Although he did not write the book...He did co write the screenplay for the movie The Great Escape.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I loved the roast, Kevin Hart was great, and even though I had never heard of most of the roasters that were to Kevin Hart's left side, some of them were very good.

I do wish some of the old regulars would have been there (Greg Giraldo), but this group did a pretty good job. Julian Edelman (sp) was great!!
I sort of enjoyed the new wave of comedians present for this one. Still a lot of the Comedy Central Roast classics in it too. Rest of the comedians have caught up to old favorites like Jeff Ross and Greg Giraldo.

Probably one of my favorite roasts since they started coming back. Brutal on Kim Kardashian and Gronk.

visionary

Reaction score
Although James Clavell did write many books that were centered in Asia and they are considered a series.
Each book is a book of it's own and the Shogun Mini series is only based on the Shogun Book.

The other ones like King Rat, Tai Pan, Nobel House, Whirlwind and Gai-Jin are all stand alone books from different time periods and locations in Japan.

They also made movies from a few of his other books like King Rat, Tai Pan and Noble house. None of them, IMO, even come close to the greatness of the Shogun mini series. Nor, are the other books as good as Shogun IMO.

On a side note, Although he did not write the book...He did co write the screenplay for the movie The Great Escape.
My memory is going but i think Noble House is mostly Hong Kong and Tai Pan is mostly China/HK and the opium wars

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Which is the beauty of The Asia Saga series. They’re all loosely tied together but easily stand alone. I’m reading Tai Pan again right now.