***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I have been watching it since it came on. I did not watch Lost so I have no idea what that was about or how it ended.

Frankly, From is getting frustrating to watch. 3 seasons in and we still know so little about what is going on. It its getting repetitious and boring. Something need to happen soon or the show will lose me. These personal stories about some of the characters become meaningless after awhile. In light of what is going on around them the personal stories are kind of pointless. It is all about what is going on, why, and how to fight it. The people are doing so little to figure out any of it.

I get the distinct impression this show will not have an ending. It will go on like it has until the network cancels it and we will be left never knowing anything about what was going on.
So just like Lost, lol.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have been watching it since it came on. I did not watch Lost so I have no idea what that was about or how it ended.

Frankly, From is getting frustrating to watch. 3 seasons in and we still know so little about what is going on. It its getting repetitious and boring. Something need to happen soon or the show will lose me. These personal stories about some of the characters become meaningless after awhile. In light of what is going on around them the personal stories are kind of pointless. It is all about what is going on, why, and how to fight it. The people are doing so little to figure out any of it.

I get the distinct impression this show will not have an ending. It will go on like it has until the network cancels it and we will be left never knowing anything about what was going on.
Or they'll try to wrap it all up in the final episode, like Lost did, and make you wish you never watched the show.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Congrats, you just watched Lost :muttley:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It started out great yet I hung on until the end. To be fair, didn’t they have ever-changing writers and a strike to deal with?
I'm not sure about that, but it was at least decent, right up to the finale. I don't think there's any excuse for that dumpster fire of an ending.

Half the people who watched every episode probably could have written it better.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm not sure about that, but it was at least decent, right up to the finale. I don't think there's any excuse for that dumpster fire of an ending.

Half the people who watched every episode probably could have written it better.
Found these:

https://lostpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Writers#:~:text=Lost's%20writing%20team%20has,the%20show%20since%20the%20beginning.

https://screenrant.com/lost-series-original-storyline-changes/

It appears the writing and plan was all over the place :facepalm:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

speedkilz88

Reaction score

They never had an ending in mind. Most authors already know the outcome they are building the story to.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Yeah, the Lost ending definitely was a massive letdown and sparked a lot of debate. It just didn't live up to the complexity of the rest of the show, IMO. The journey, though, with the rest of the show was an incredible ride with all the mysteries and character arcs. That was the first show my wife and I ever binged. It was on Netflix and we would be up at midnight on a work night, an episode would end, and we would look at each other. "Ok, one more!!". haha Good times.

We made it to season 5 and then had to watch season 6 on TV, week by week. That sucked.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lost was a victim of it's success.
The initial viewership and ratings numbers were so good they had to start adding
story lines and background characters to keep the show going.

They started doing complete histories/origin stories for the characters
Some characters were just meant to have bit prats but they became popular on the show so they became regulars. Hurley was one of those guys and they started a complete story arc and history of him later.

They would start some plot lines and some would just get abandoned.

I think lost was only initially going to be a number of seasons but the show did so well and was such a money maker they had to extended it well beyond what it should have been.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Lost was a victim of it's success.
The initial viewership and ratings numbers were so good they had to start adding
story lines and background characters to keep the show going.

They started doing complete histories/origin stories for the characters
Some characters were just meant to have bit prats but they became popular on the show so they became regulars. Hurley was one of those guys and they started a complete story arc and history of him later.

They would start some plot lines and some would just get abandoned.

I think lost was only initially going to be a number of seasons but the show did so well and was such a money maker they had to extended it well beyond what it should have been.
Speaking of Hurley, I thought they screwed up killing off Libby.