***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not sure if I want Picard at the top of my Star Trek food chain just yet after only one season. That said, I will slot it above Enterprise already.

One thing I would agree is that the serial format for it and Discovery is superior to their predecessors. The best comparison I could make for them would be The Dominion/Federation War subset of episodes Rick Berman, Jeri Taylor and Michael Piller produced with Deep Space Nine after Gene Roddenberry passed.

Edit: I may not be remembering correctly about Taylor and/or Piller though. Perhaps I am thinking more of them with Voyager..?
Season 3 or Discovery started off very well, and the previews look fantastic.

I can see endless possibilities for where they could go from here.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No idea who produced what, and as I've stated before, DS9 wasn't really my favorite. I only watched the first few seasons.
Understood. I remember your past comments about Deep Space Nine. :) My reply was explaining how I, myself, viewed Discovery and Picard among the various franchise's television series.

Plus, a personal pet peeve is my giving out incorrect information. That is the reason why I edited myself afterwards. :p

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh man, why didn't anyone tell me Prime Rewind: Inside The Boys was hosted by Aisha Tyler??? I love her. Gorgeous and funny can't be beat!
She thinks she's a little too funny in those interviews. The first one, the recap of Season 1 was pretty good but the episode ones form 2 are annoying.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BTW, these shows aren't like Netflix. They come out on a weekly basis, like network TV....if that affects your decision.
I have to save them up and usually wait until all the episodes are in unless I think the spoiler might get me.

I am waiting to start Lovecraft until this final episode is in, did the same with Watchmen. I am spoiled by the Netflix/Amazon model with all of the episodes available so I control the progress.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finally got the last season of Schitt's Creek on Netflix and that's one of the better written TV productions I've ever seen. It has a message, so beware if you haven't seen it and if the LBGT movement pisses you off, you won't like this. Daniel Levy created this with the encouragement of his father, Eugene, who is absolutely perfect in his role as the father and Catherine O'Hara is a riot with her characterization of Moira Rose ala Depp's take on Jack Sparrow. She created the character better then the writers imagined as did the actress, Annie Murphy, who plays the daughter. Best Canadian import since beer.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
She thinks she's a little too funny in those interviews. The first one, the recap of Season 1 was pretty good but the episode ones form 2 are annoying.
I've been a fan of hers since she hosted Talk Soup, costarred in The Ghost Whisperer, and as the host of Whose Line Is It Anyway? I've also seen her do stand up, and she's really good.

From all I've seen of her, I think she just finds everyone and everything funny. If you watch, you'll see that she laughs very hard and genuinely at most of the jokes her guests come out with too. She just loves to laugh, and I like that about her.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Finally got the last season of Schitt's Creek on Netflix and that's one of the better written TV productions I've ever seen. It has a message, so beware if you haven't seen it and if the LBGT movement pisses you off, you won't like this. Daniel Levy created this with the encouragement of his father, Eugene, who is absolutely perfect in his role as the father and Catherine O'Hara is a riot with her characterization of Moira Rose ala Depp's take on Jack Sparrow. She created the character better then the writers imagined as did the actress, Annie Murphy, who plays the daughter. Best Canadian import since beer.
Guess I'm gonna have to check that out.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've been a fan of hers since she hosted Talk Soup, costarred in The Ghost Whisperer, and as the host of Whose Line Is It Anyway? I've also seen her do stand up, and she's really good.

From all I've seen of her, I think she just finds everyone and everything funny. If you watch, you'll see that she laughs very hard and genuinely at most of the jokes her guests come out with too. She just loves to laugh, and I like that about her.
Well, you wouldn't like her laughing when she sees you coming out of the shower. N'yuk, n'yuk, n'yuk on that one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One thing I have to say: Watching Anthony Starr in these interviews, I never would've recognized him as Homelander, or considered casting him in the role. It just goes to show what an exceptional actor he is.

Creeper

Reaction score
Limited, but yes. I'd actually forgotten about that until last night, and I was a bit peeved. :mad:

CBS All-Access cost $6 buck if you get it from CBS too, but its $10 or $11 to get it without commercials. I cancelled it after paying the for the commercial free option after I finished STD season 2. I have to decide if I am going to pay for it again.

Does anyone know if all episodes are on All-Access or are they releasing them 1 at a time to drag out subscriptions?