***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I thought that they packed a whole lot into the one episode. I thought that they resolved so many season plot lines, but left enough questions for the future as well.

I like that they seemingly reset things and moved a whole bunch of pieces around the board.

I didn't expect Butcher's wife to die, and I now expect that's the last we see of Homelander's son for a while. Speaking of him, I guess we finally discovered his weakness. I wasn't sure that he had one. That last scene with him was just bonkers.

And I've never seen a show write off characters so quickly. Pop goes your head! You're dead!

Departed heroes back in the Seven. Compound V back under wraps for the time being. And Huey going to work for the head popper. I guess that church storyline is done with now too?

I loved seeing Stormfront exposed and then getting what's coming to her. That part with the other three women was great. I have a question though, is she actually dead? Or is what's left of her being stashed somewhere?

Anyway, lots of stuff to digest.
I think they saved the season with this episode. I was surprised about Butcher's wife too, but consciously thought, "I'm actually kind of glad."

Regarding Homelander's weakness, are you referring to the high pitched sound, or the fact that he's desperate for people to love him? The latter has been pretty clear for a while, I think.

As for Stormfront, I have a feeling the fact that she doesn't age might suggest that she regenerates. (It seems like the only way to keep from aging, in my opinion.) Hopefully I'm wrong though, and they stashed her away in some prison where she continues to live in pain.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think they saved the season with this episode. I was surprised about Butcher's wife too, but consciously thought, "I'm actually kind of glad."

I am as well. That was played out.

Regarding Homelander's weakness, are you referring to the high pitched sound, or the fact that he's desperate for people to love him? The latter has been pretty clear for a while, I think.

Yeah, the part about needing to be loved. I guess as Yiu said, it's been out there, but I never saw it used quite so effectively.

As for Stormfront, I have a feeling the fact that she doesn't age might suggest that she regenerates. (It seems like the only way to keep from aging, in my opinion.) Hopefully I'm wrong though, and they stashed her away in some prison where she continues to live in pain.

Yeah, I have the feeling we will be seeing her again - unfortunately. You don't know ho much I enjoyed seeing her get the crap kicked out of her. And she got it bad.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Star Trek Discovery season 3 starts today on CBS All Access

I'm thinking about taking the plunge on CBS All Access to watch Discovery and Picard, and I'm wondering if you (and anyone else who reads this) feel it's worth it?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm thinking about taking the plunge on CBS All Access to watch Discovery and Picard, and I'm wondering if you (and anyone else who reads this) feel it's worth it?
I love both shows. Absolutely worth it to me. I'm watching the first episode of Discovery S3 right now.

Picard is, IMO, the best Star Trek series yet.

CBS All Access has a lot of classic shows as well.

DanteEXT

Reaction score

I have not watched Picard but I have watched the first two seasons of Discovery. Very much worth it IMO. I'm going to resubscribe to watch S3 and Picard soon. Currently watching Arrow on Netflix so it may be after I finish that.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love both shows. Absolutely worth it to me. I'm watching the first episode of Discovery S3 right now.

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.
:thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have not watched Picard but I have watched the first two seasons of Discovery. Very much worth it IMO. I'm going to resubscribe to watch S3 and Picard soon. Currently watching Arrow on Netflix so it may be after I finish that.

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like another subscription for me!

joseephuss

Reaction score

I think she does regenerate. She asked Homelander to Laser her breasts and that didn't seem to leave any permanent scarring. What is the extent of her regenerative powers? That is yet to be determined, but I think she will be back.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Not sure if I want Picard at the top of my Star Trek food chain just yet after only one season. That said, I will slot it above Enterprise already.

One thing I would agree is that the serial format for it and Discovery is superior to their predecessors. The best comparison I could make for them would be The Dominion/Federation War subset of episodes Rick Berman, Jeri Taylor and Michael Piller produced with Deep Space Nine after Gene Roddenberry passed.

Edit: I may not be remembering correctly about Taylor and/or Piller though. Perhaps I am thinking more of them with Voyager..?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

I love SciFi and Star Trek so I'm a bit bias :) I really like Star Trek Discovery and though Picard was good. CBS All Access has a 1 week free trial so you sign up and binge a few episodes to see if you like the shows.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love SciFi and Star Trek so I'm a bit bias :) I really like Star Trek Discovery and though Picard was good. CBS All Access has a 1 week free trial so you sign up and binge a few episodes to see if you like the shows.

I like a lot of Star Trek stuff too, although there were some shows after Next Generation that I never got into. But if Discovery and Picard align at all with Next Gen, I think I would enjoy them.

joseephuss

Reaction score
I really enjoyed the first season of Jordan Peele's new Twilight Zone. I haven't renewed CBS all access yet to watch the second season.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not sure if I want Picard at the top of my Star Trek food chain just yet after only one season. That said, I will slot it above Enterprise already.

One thing I would agree is that the serial format for it and Discovery is superior to their predecessors. The best comparison I could make for them would be The Dominion/Federation War subset of episodes Rick Berman, Jeri Taylor and Michael Piller produced with Deep Space Nine after Gene Roddenberry passed.

Edit: I may not be remembering correctly about Taylor and/or Piller though. Perhaps I am thinking more of them with Voyager..?
No idea who produced what, and as I've stated before, DS9 wasn't really my favorite. I only watched the first few seasons.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.
BTW, after the episode of Season 3 ended last night, I tried exiting out of Amazon and it started showing me an episode of Season 1. I kept trying the exit button but it wasn't working...Then I realized they were showing it on the regular CBS network. Lol

So maybe you can watch that On Demand or something, to get a feel for whether or not you like it.