***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
CBS All-Access cost $6 buck if you get it from CBS too, but its $10 or $11 to get it without commercials. I cancelled it after paying the for the commercial free option after I finished STD season 2. I have to decide if I am going to pay for it again.

Does anyone know if all episodes are on All-Access or are they releasing them 1 at a time to drag out subscriptions?
They're showing Discovery on a weekly basis.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Finally got the last season of Schitt's Creek on Netflix and that's one of the better written TV productions I've ever seen. It has a message, so beware if you haven't seen it and if the LBGT movement pisses you off, you won't like this. Daniel Levy created this with the encouragement of his father, Eugene, who is absolutely perfect in his role as the father and Catherine O'Hara is a riot with her characterization of Moira Rose ala Depp's take on Jack Sparrow. She created the character better then the writers imagined as did the actress, Annie Murphy, who plays the daughter. Best Canadian import since beer.
Just watched the first episode and I really hope it gets better, because Eugene Levy and Emily Hampshire are the only two people so far who don't absolutely annoy me.

Creeper

Reaction score
I am watching the National Geographic series Mars right now. I missed it when it was on TV but Netflix has both seasons. I like it for its realism - at least for the most part. Season 1 is dated. We have done a few things since 2016 including altering NASA's goals - which include going to Mars. It is actually a pretty good series which combines some fiction with some real stuff happening today (or in 2016). It does a pretty good job of explaining all the problems we have to overcome to get to Mars and to live there. There are a couple of head scratchers but otherwise it is informative and interesting. I will begin season 2 tomorrow but after reading the descriptions of the episodes I am a little concerned about the messaging. In any case, one thing is very clear, these achievements like going to the moon and Mars drive invention and discovery. The amount of useful technology that will be invented to get us to Mars will push everything forward again just like the moon trips. We will see breakthroughs in batteries and energy generation, energy efficiency, propulsion systems, electronics and even medicine and biology. It is going to be a wild 20 years ahead of us if we have teh foresight to see why these explorations are important to all of us.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just watched the first episode and I really hope it gets better, because Eugene Levy and Emily Hampshire are the only two people so far who don't absolutely annoy me.
Might not be your thang but I really dug the writing and the characteristics developed by Catherine O'Hara, Daniel Levy and Annie Murphy. I was sorry when it ended.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Might not be your thang but I really dug the writing and the characteristics developed by Catherine O'Hara, Daniel Levy and Annie Murphy. I was sorry when it ended.
They got better by episode 3, but the laughs were too few and far between for me. Also, Chris Elliott turns my stomach. He's one of the least funny people I've ever seen.

O'Hara got much better after her character stopped freaking out, and once Murphy's character stopped acting like an entitled skank, I started to enjoy her. But it's not enough to overcome the "reverse Beverly Hillbillies" premise.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was a pretty good ending for season one of HBO’s Lovecraft Country. I wondered how Jamie Chung’s character and subplot would mesh into the finale.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just started it and am 3 episodes in and liking it.
Entertainment seekers, wanting a ton of societal issues involving various cultural dynamics and familial conflicts intertwined with drama, science fiction and fantasy themes, will certainly get their money's worth. :p

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
S3:E2 of Discovery....This show kicks ***. I wasn't crazy about the Old West Saloon thing, but other than that, it was a great episode.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL Borat...bound to trigger so many! The fact that Sacha Baron Cohen was able to pull it off again...just hilarious. And of course nothing political...but WOW at some of the stuff.
I won't even watch it. The first one was the stupidest movie I've ever seen.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Season three cannot get here fast enough. Exactly who (or better yet WHAT) is Reginald Hargreeves? Must... get... more... information! Looks like Ben will finally take center stage next season if season two's cliffhanger is any indication.

Lol. So true. The ending was just great. That show and Peaky Blinders are a bit stalled production wise given the wuflu. If you haven’t watched Peaky Blinders give that a shot. Watch it with subtitles because there is a lot of cockney British spoke. Sometimes hard to understand. Still, it’s the best gangster show ever produced.

Back to UA they did change the timeline give the events around Kennedy so not a surprise getting back to modern days would have some changes. My wife and I were late adopters but we watched both seasons in about 3 weeks. It’s such a well cast and written show. The music also cracks us up.