***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard Kill, Nflix. Where to begin? I know, right here. Do no waste your time watching this year's attempt at bad acting, directing and writing because it is the hand's down winner. This was like "hey, I found an abandoned factory, let's make a movie". -5/10

This is so bad that when I have my annual Die Hard holiday watch, I will hope for John McClane to get killed this time.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
The Sisters Brothers on Hulu. It's a western labeled as a Comedy / Drama starring Joaquin Phoenix, John C. Reilly, and Jake Gyllenhal. The premise had potential but it's not even remotely a comedy or a very good movie. The actors did the best with what they had to work with. It has a 78 Metacritic score too, which baffles me.

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
I watched Vice last night and it's a pretty decent film. It's about Dick Cheney and Christian Bale plays him. Really a good acting job by him as usual.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard Kill, Nflix. Where to begin? I know, right here. Do no waste your time watching this year's attempt at bad acting, directing and writing because it is the hand's down winner. This was like "hey, I found an abandoned factory, let's make a movie". -5/10

This is so bad that when I have my annual Die Hard holiday watch, I will hope for John McClane to get killed this time.

I think I watched 10-15 minutes of that before I turned it off.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

100% agree. Hard Kill was horrible.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
The Sisters Brothers on Hulu. It's a western labeled as a Comedy / Drama starring Joaquin Phoenix, John C. Reilly, and Jake Gyllenhal. The premise had potential but it's not even remotely a comedy or a very good movie. The actors did the best with what they had to work with. It has a 78 Metacritic score too, which baffles me.

Weird, I read that book and it's not only not a comedy but a very dark and depressing western. Good book but I can't imagine it being made into a comedy.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I watched Wine Country again, NFlix, and this is proof that women are not only nastier than men but never outgrow it. There are some killer lines in it and the conversations in the vineyard are rewind funny. I don't see how Maya Rudolph kept her composure.

Beware, it's chick flick for sure but it's worth the watch.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just watched Mulan on Disney, the live action movie. Being a Disney movie, the destination was obviously somewhat predictable, but it was a fairly entertaining journey.
Got that in my queue and they've caught some heat but they're not going to piss off the Chinese and that revenue stream.

Big_D

Reaction score
Started watching the Flight Attendant on HBO MAX. Just OK 5 out of 10 through the first 3 episodes.

Also watched the Fresh Prince reunion which was pretty cool. 30 year anniversary since it debuted.

Plus the Worlds toughest race on Prime which is ridiculously grueling 24 hours a day through Fiji for 11 days or so. starts with 66 teams, pretty nuts.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Started watching the Flight Attendant on HBO MAX. Just OK 5 out of 10 through the first 3 episodes.

Also watched the Fresh Prince reunion which was pretty cool. 30 year anniversary since it debuted.

Plus the Worlds toughest race on Prime which is ridiculously grueling 24 hours a day through Fiji for 11 days or so. starts with 66 teams, pretty nuts.
Can't get MAX yet on Roku but I'd bet that's changing with this latest WB announcement about the first runs to MAX. Their debut has been less than impressive because they were stubborn about maxing the exposure. Didn't live up to their name.

EGTuna

Reaction score
Gangs of London on AMC+ (subscribed through amazon prime). It's terrific. Great characters, amazing actions/fight scenes, and an embedded mystery. I have two eps left of the first season (no idea if they're gonna do a 2nd season), and I'm bummed there's only 2 left.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Gangs of London on AMC+ (subscribed through amazon prime). It's terrific. Great characters, amazing actions/fight scenes, and an embedded mystery. I have two eps left of the first season (no idea if they're gonna do a 2nd season), and I'm bummed there's only 2 left.
Sounds like something worth checking out, thanks.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Very interested in seeing Peggy Carter as Captain Britain in the What If? series.

Not gonna lie. There was a lot of fist pumps in the ole DallasEast home watching these and the Kevin Feige Phase 5 announcement video (thanks for videos @Juggernaut ) but what excited me the most was...

eaLXQfT.gif

No one understands (well maybe @stasheroo does :p ) just HOW much I want ANY studio to finally get the adaptation of The World's Greatest Comic Magazine done right on the big screen. John Watts is set to direct. Now I must be patient and not piss off Mrs. DallasEast between now and the film's debut. She wants the insurance money. Bad. :grin:

Marvel continues kicking DC's butt...

Big_D

Reaction score
Can't get MAX yet on Roku but I'd bet that's changing with this latest WB announcement about the first runs to MAX. Their debut has been less than impressive because they were stubborn about maxing the exposure. Didn't live up to their name.

My tv went, so I had to get a new one. Went with a Samsung smart tv. Comes loaded with the apps not on apple tv or roku like HBO MAX. basically made my apple tv obsolete.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My tv went, so I had to get a new one. Went with a Samsung smart tv. Comes loaded with the apps not on apple tv or roku like HBO MAX. basically made my apple tv obsolete.
Probably the same TV I have. I notice the picture is sometimes too hard to see in darker scenes, but if you look at it from a higher angle, the picture looks better, so I played with the advanced settings and got a better picture.