***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Big_D

Reaction score
Probably the same TV I have. I notice the picture is sometimes too hard to see in darker scenes, but if you look at it from a higher angle, the picture looks better, so I played with the advanced settings and got a better picture.

I had to toy with the settings too. Plus I got a new wall mount and angled the tv down a little. The glare off the ceiling lights was terrible. Took some time to fine tune, but finally got it.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Freaky on Netflix.
Standard something happens when two people switch bodies. However this on had an interesting premise that one of the people was a serial killer.

Fell flat. Probably would have been better with a serious thriller instead of a comedy.
I thought Vince Vaughn being a main character it would be good. But it fell flat.

The Rob Schnieder comedy where he becomes a girl was funnier.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Freaky on Netflix.
Standard something happens when two people switch bodies. However this on had an interesting premise that one of the people was a serial killer.

Fell flat. Probably would have been better with a serious thriller instead of a comedy.
I thought Vince Vaughn being a main character it would be good. But it fell flat.

The Rob Schnieder comedy where he becomes a girl was funnier.
Well, the girl he became was Rachel McAdams, which automatically makes it a much better movie.

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
I've mentioned this before but anyone watch the series "Warrior" through Cinemax. Based on the writings of my personal all time hero, Bruce Lee. I highly recommend it. What a show. Only 2 seasons and just finished. Fantastic stuff

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Gotta check those out soon! What a great show, and so much more scientifically accurate than probably any other sci-fi.
Scientifically accurate within the science FICTION genre is right down my alley. I get really fed up with all these people taking liberties just because it says fiction.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
The new version of The Stand starts today on CBS All Access. I'm a big Stephen King fan so I'll definitely watch it. I'm not sure about some of the casting but hopefully it will work out.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The new version of The Stand starts today on CBS All Access. I'm a big Stephen King fan so I'll definitely watch it. I'm not sure about some of the casting but hopefully it will work out.
I just saw the trailer. It looks like it should be better than the miniseries that came out years ago, but that's not saying much. I never would've pictured Whoopie Goldberg as the old woman, but she's a pretty good actress, so I'm sure she'll be fine. The thing that makes me hesitant is they call it a "limited series", so I'm not sure if they're just doing a miniseries, completely within the book, or if they're expanding on it and making up new content.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
I just saw the trailer. It looks like it should be better than the miniseries that came out years ago, but that's not saying much. I never would've pictured Whoopie Goldberg as the old woman, but she's a pretty good actress, so I'm sure she'll be fine. The thing that makes me hesitant is they call it a "limited series", so I'm not sure if they're just doing a miniseries, completely within the book, or if they're expanding on it and making up new content.

I took "limited series" to mean that once it's over it's done. No second seasons or anything like that. That may be completely wrong but I hope they don't try to expand it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I took "limited series" to mean that once it's over it's done. No second seasons or anything like that. That may be completely wrong but I hope they don't try to expand it.
What I'm thinking is that, rather than call it a miniseries, they call it a "limited series", which might just be semantics, but it could mean it's not just the contents of the book, spread out over several "shorter than a movie" episodes. It's possible they're testing to see if there'd be interest in a series, like Walking Dead, without the zombies.
I personally don't think there's enough to expand on, so it's probably just a miniseries, but hopefully done better than the one with Gary Sinise and Laura San Giacomo. If I'd seen that first, I never would've bothered reading the book.

Creeper

Reaction score
Just finished watching season 1 of Better than Us on Netflix. It's a Russian Sci-Fi Crime drama with subtitles. It is somewhat family oriented with an interesting premise, but it does a good job of keeping the show mostly adult. The Russians are very pragmatic, and their view of technology in the future is not too far-fetched. I enjoyed it, with the understanding it is Russian, with sub-titles.

I will probably watch The Expanse next, but I may wait until all episodes have been released.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hate when they release 1 episode per week. They have all the episodes ready. They are just messing with us!
Yep but I think the production schedules threw them for a loop and they don't have enough product to serve it to us all at once so they're playing like real TV with these episodes, which is why I wait for a full season on everything but The Boys and The Mandalorian. Can't didge the spoilers on those two.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Haven't watched E01 yet, may be awhile. But imdb fans are roasting it. Sounds like e01 they start at the end of the story and jump back and forth across the timeline. Sounds idiotic to me. Fans are saying that there is no character developement because of this and sounds like the Frannie character is dislikable in this one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Haven't watched E01 yet, may be awhile. But imdb fans are roasting it. Sounds like e01 they start at the end of the story and jump back and forth across the timeline. Sounds idiotic to me. Fans are saying that there is no character developement because of this and sounds like the Frannie character is dislikable in this one.
I watched e01, and there is some jumping from past to what I assume is present, but I didn't see anything that looked like the end of the story. One thing I did notice is that it's designated as "Season 1", which leads me to believe they're not sticking just to the contents of the book. TBH, I read that so many years ago, I'm not sure if all the characters and situations I've seen are true to the book. The show hasn't exactly been riveting so far, but I'm going to watch e02 and hope it gets better.