***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

The Ominous

Dead Man Stalkin
Reaction score
5 minutes til some Wanda Madness. Things are getting spicy and they say there's a big time cameo to end the season setting up Dr. Strange and The Multiverse of Madness. My jaw would crush if Magneto saying "I'm here for my daughter"....or OMG Professor X and Wolverine just roll up and are like "Theres a new problem now. Mutants are here." Bang boom baby!

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Just finished watching season 1 and 2 of Bloodline.

Really enjoyed the first season, it was interesting and different.

Thought it kind of jumped the sharks in season 2 as it felt like everyone had to act like a complete idiot for the plot to work.

Creeper

Reaction score
Last night I got hooked on Broadchurch. I don't know if it was listed here but it's a British murder mystery on Netflix. I started watching it about halfway through the first season. My wife gave me the backstory of the previous episodes. I was immediately riveted because it wasn't obvious who the killer was until the last episode. Lots of zigs and zags on the story. There are three seasons and I hope season two is as good as the first.

Loved that series.

Creeper

Reaction score
Watched 2 episodes of The Expanse season 5. It is moving a little slow. They are still setting up the plotline for the season. I am not really digging where this is going. I get the impression this is all a set up for season 6. Still love the realism of the show, but I hope they do not ruin it. It seems like series run a few seasons then go off the rails. The better series take a little longer but they get their eventually.

Also, watched the movie Ex Machina last night for the first time. Whoa. A lot of full frontal nudity but it also has an interesting viewpoint about AI and consciousness. At what point does artificial intelligence become full consciousness, how will we know it, and how will it differ from the human brain. The future is going to be full of interesting problems. I wish I could be around to see them all.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am a little late to the party but The Trial of the Chicago 7 was a solid 8 and Sacha Baron Cohen and Frank Langella were great in their portrayals.

Khartun

AmarilloCowboyFan
Reaction score
Watched 2 episodes of The Expanse season 5. It is moving a little slow. They are still setting up the plotline for the season. I am not really digging where this is going. I get the impression this is all a set up for season 6. Still love the realism of the show, but I hope they do not ruin it. It seems like series run a few seasons then go off the rails. The better series take a little longer but they get their eventually.

Also, watched the movie Ex Machina last night for the first time. Whoa. A lot of full frontal nudity but it also has an interesting viewpoint about AI and consciousness. At what point does artificial intelligence become full consciousness, how will we know it, and how will it differ from the human brain. The future is going to be full of interesting problems. I wish I could be around to see them all.
This season is a bit slow and is mainly setup for Season 6 which is the last one I believe.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This season is a bit slow and is mainly setup for Season 6 which is the last one I believe.
Have you heard something? They haven't done much with the big space circles since last season, but there's plenty of potential.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Well that sucks.
If they continued to follow the books there would have been 3 more seasons (3 books) but it's all something like 30 years into the future. So I wonder if at some point when the actors are getting older and looking for work that they don't end up restarting back up for those final installments.

Juggernaut

Reaction score
Liked the surprise ending in the fifth episode of WandaVision, four episode left.
8q3xCHA.gif

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Liked the surprise ending in the fifth episode of WandaVision, four episode left.
8q3xCHA.gif

Same here, that was an awesome and unexpected surprise. And I would say that it is the first official confirmation that the multiverse is real and happening.

And it now opens opens up a whole bunch of questions:

As with other 'changed objects and people' does Pietro remain outside of that 'bubble'?
Does he retain his memories of the X-Men and the 'FOX universe'? And can we expect any of them to make the journey over as well?
Has someone put Wanda up to all of this?
Is that someone Agnes? Or perhaps her mysterious husband Ralph, mentioned but never seen? (I have an out there theory on THAT one too)
How did Vision's body go from Wakanda (where Shuri may have been able to repair him), to ripped apart at SWORD?

This series may not be for everyone, but it's certainly proving to be for me and my family. We're all loving it and making every Friday night a viewing party get together.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Different strokes for different folks. I'm enjoying the series, and the long-play approach, but I can see how others might not be.

I applaud Marvel for moving in new directions and doing something different, because things will get really old really fast if they simply follow the same 'superhero formula'. I think they realize that they need to try new things in an effort to keep things fresh and I applaud them for doing that. It doesn't hurt that I also have an affinity for classic television like I Love Lucy, Dick Van Dyke and the Brady Bunch.
I enjoy subtle, drawn out storytelling. It is the main reason why I find good Japanese anime very entertaining. They are a mixture of bits-and-pieces of info, often mashed into nuances of nonsense.

WandaVision captured my imagination in the same way and the main reason why I have avoided the thread over the past few episodes. Just watched episode five. I have only one thing to say about the entire season thus far.

Genius.

PS

Inserting Evan Peters at the end of episode five is a masterstroke for integrating MCU with the legacy X-Men franchise. If this is not an early (maybe REALLY early) sure sign of a Marvel/Disney stepping stone towards introducing the mutant universe into the MCU, nothing is in my opinion.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Just finished the first season of True Detective. It was definitely a slow burn but well done with great performances from Harrelson and McConaughy.

One thing I didn't get, which also kind of bugged me was how they could forget about the guy on the mower who had scars on his face and had access to the local churches and schools in the area by his own admission. Especially after McConaughy went back to the school and found those wood things and paintings similar to the crime scene. I was pretty sure when they got directions from him that he was the killer. Still enjoyed it though.