***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I enjoy subtle, drawn out storytelling. It is the main reason why I find good Japanese anime very entertaining. They are a mixture of bits-and-pieces of info, often mashed into nuances of nonsense.

WandaVision captured my imagination in the same way and the main reason why I have avoided the thread over the past few episodes. Just watched episode five. I have only one thing to say about the entire season thus far.

Genius.

PS

Inserting Evan Peters at the end of episode five is a masterstroke for integrating MCU with the legacy X-Men franchise. If this is not an early (maybe REALLY early) sure sign of a Marvel/Disney stepping stone towards introducing the mutant universe into the MCU, nothing is in my opinion.

I HAVE to think that this is a clear precursor to the X-Men entering the main MCU. If not, there is bound to be backlash for fans feeling 'teased' and I can't see how that's the case. In making this decision, Marvel is very much aware of what they're doing and they haven't made a rash decision for pure shock value. That's not how they operate.

Now I just wait to see what other - if any - FOX actors and characters might also show up.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
But we know her brother is dead and she seem to even acknowledge that he didn't look like her brother. So it's likely they are going with the multiverse theme and he's from a different earth. Her powers may be so strong that she brought him through the multiverse to her earth.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Same here, that was an awesome and unexpected surprise. And I would say that it is the first official confirmation that the multiverse is real and happening.

And it now opens opens up a whole bunch of questions:

As with other 'changed objects and people' does Pietro remain outside of that 'bubble'?
Does he retain his memories of the X-Men and the 'FOX universe'? And can we expect any of them to make the journey over as well?
Has someone put Wanda up to all of this?
Is that someone Agnes? Or perhaps her mysterious husband Ralph, mentioned but never seen? (I have an out there theory on THAT one too)
How did Vision's body go from Wakanda (where Shuri may have been able to repair him), to ripped apart at SWORD?

This series may not be for everyone, but it's certainly proving to be for me and my family. We're all loving it and making every Friday night a viewing party get together.
If this were Wanda's doing, I don't see why it wouldn't be her actual brother, unless she can only use existing live people and change their personas. Clearly this would be the closest she could find, as far as abilities go. [SPOILER/]

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Just finished the first season of True Detective. It was definitely a slow burn but well done with great performances from Harrelson and McConaughy.

One thing I didn't get, which also kind of bugged me was how they could forget about the guy on the mower who had scars on his face and had access to the local churches and schools in the area by his own admission. Especially after McConaughy went back to the school and found those wood things and paintings similar to the crime scene. I was pretty sure when they got directions from him that he was the killer. Still enjoyed it though.

Season 1 was a phenomenal season. Loved it. Season 2 sucked (I thought) but Season 3 was pretty solid.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just finished the first season of True Detective. It was definitely a slow burn but well done with great performances from Harrelson and McConaughy.

One thing I didn't get, which also kind of bugged me was how they could forget about the guy on the mower who had scars on his face and had access to the local churches and schools in the area by his own admission. Especially after McConaughy went back to the school and found those wood things and paintings similar to the crime scene. I was pretty sure when they got directions from him that he was the killer. Still enjoyed it though.
The 2nd and 3rd ones are very good as well. I hope they continue these.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Season 1 was a phenomenal season. Loved it. Season 2 sucked (I thought) but Season 3 was pretty solid.
The second one got compared to the first one too much and fans wanted a part two of the first one. If you separate it into it's own, it really gets better.

McConaughey and Harrelson did one of the best jobs of developing their characters and the relationship I have ever seen. I didn't want it to end and got emotional at the end of it.

Harrelson is really adept in being a "buddy" in his films, he was excellent in The Highwaymen as was Costner.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The second one got compared to the first one too much and fans wanted a part two of the first one. If you separate it into it's own, it really gets better.

McConaughey and Harrelson did one of the best jobs of developing their characters and the relationship I have ever seen. I didn't want it to end and got emotional at the end of it.

Harrelson is really adept in being a "buddy" in his films, he was excellent in The Highwaymen as was Costner.

I dunno, there was just something about season 2 that made it tough for me to get into. I'm a fan of Vince Vaughn too.

You're correct on the first one. Those two were nothing short of amazing together in that season. It just had great depth too "Time is a flat circle" . :D

Creeper

Reaction score
This season is a bit slow and is mainly setup for Season 6 which is the last one I believe.

Just finished watching the remaining episodes of Season 5 (The Expanse). It is a great series but Season 5 is a disappointment for a few reasons. For me, it seemed like they had maybe 2 or 3 Episodes of story material and just milked it for 10 Episodes. Then, they took some liberties with the science which they had been careful not to do too much in previous seasons. Hint: A human being cannot survives in space without a spacesuit, not just because there is no oxygen, but also because there is no pressure to keep liquified gases in your blood from turning back to gas which would rupture all of your blood vessels and kills you in seconds. Also, it is really cold and your flesh would freeze before you blood had a chance to turn to gas. Either way you'd be dead in a flash. If the future has an injection to prevent this, then it is beyond any science we know today.

Also, when a series begins to kill off its main characters, you know the series is just about done.

They did develop a really unlikeable bad guy though and after watching season 5 I am looking forward to season 6 when he gets his due.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Just finished watching the remaining episodes of Season 5 (The Expanse). It is a great series but Season 5 is a disappointment for a few reasons. For me, it seemed like they had maybe 2 or 3 Episodes of story material and just milked it for 10 Episodes. Then, they took some liberties with the science which they had been careful not to do too much in previous seasons. Hint: A human being cannot survives in space without a spacesuit, not just because there is no oxygen, but also because there is no pressure to keep liquified gases in your blood from turning back to gas which would rupture all of your blood vessels and kills you in seconds. Also, it is really cold and your flesh would freeze before you blood had a chance to turn to gas. Either way you'd be dead in a flash. If the future has an injection to prevent this, then it is beyond any science we know today.

Also, when a series begins to kill off its main characters, you know the series is just about done.

They did develop a really unlikeable bad guy though and after watching season 5 I am looking forward to season 6 when he gets his due.
The actor was accused of sexual misconduct by multiple women at fan conventions, some under 18. His character did not die in the books. They had actually finished filming before making those changes

Big_D

Reaction score
I watched 'Stripped' on Amazon Prime. It's a short film only 14 minutes. Stars Kathryn Winnick (Lagertha from Vikings). A pretty disturbing true story about the Australian government through the 60s and 70s.

Last edited:

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
I dunno, there was just something about season 2 that made it tough for me to get into. I'm a fan of Vince Vaughn too.

You're correct on the first one. Those two were nothing short of amazing together in that season. It just had great depth too "Time is a flat circle" . :D

I appreciated it more upon rewatch. It's very different than the first one.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
The 2nd and 3rd ones are very good as well. I hope they continue these.

I finished season 2 today, it was pretty good not as good as season 1 for me. I thought it was a bit busy in terms of the storyline between the 3 cops and different bad guys each with their own backstories and agendas. Felt like it took me 4 episodes to figure out what the heck was going on. I Will probably go back and watch it again at some point, sure I missed some things the first time around.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I finished season 2 today, it was pretty good not as good as season 1 for me. I thought it was a bit busy in terms of the storyline between the 3 cops and different bad guys each with their own backstories and agendas. Felt like it took me 4 episodes to figure out what the heck was going on. I Will probably go back and watch it again at some point, sure I missed some things the first time around.
All 3 are totally different, only the title holds them together.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ted Lasso, Apple, 8.5/10. This is one of the best series I've watched since streaming became the thing. Jason Sudeikis is great and the casting in it is really good and the interplay between him and his assistant coach, who is the only one he knows that knows anything about soccer, is really well done.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wow WandaVision continues to get better and better....that last sequence yikes. Yep her and Vision have hopped on the crazy train and it's going off the rails and going to be glorious and yet sad as well. I've never seen a show like this one.
Watched the sixth episode of WandaVision and it was full of hints to come. I can't wait to watch the remaining three episodes and see how this show effects the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. :cool:
I'm thinking Quicksilver is actually there on behalf of the X Men. [SPOILER/]