***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Whitehouse Plumbers on HBO Max. Good stuff!

is there a role that Woody Harrelson doesn’t make look cool? Even Howard Hunt looks like a badarse.

The actor who plays G. Gordon Liddy has his impression down pat.

Fun to watch the ridiculousness with those two trying to save America.

Big_D

Reaction score
Mrs. Davis - Peacock network - good gosh what a fun show. Guess you'd say it a Sci-fi comedy/action genre It's a fun trip, highly recommend. Might be a little too quirky for some, but I'm loving it. 9.5/10
Whitehouse Plumbers on HBO Max. Good stuff!

is there a role that Woody Harrelson doesn’t make look cool? Even Howard Hunt looks like a badarse.

The actor who plays G. Gordon Liddy has his impression down pat.

Fun to watch the ridiculousness with those two trying to save America.

I added both shows to the list. Thanks for the recommendations. :popcorn:

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Finished watching the final season of "Snowfall" last weekend, it was a good final season. It's been a good series throughout, it's not "The Wire" or "Breaking Bad", but still very good. It's about the early days of Crack cocaine and how it got started and how the CIA had a hand in it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Finished watching the final season of "Snowfall" last weekend, it was a good final season. It's been a good series throughout, it's not "The Wire" or "Breaking Bad", but still very good. It's about the early days of Crack cocaine and how it got started and how the CIA had a hand in it.
What streamer is that on?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Waco: The Aftermath 7.5/10. I am a big Michael Shannon fan. Giovanni Ribisi steals the show though.

This actually expands on the bigger picture and wider net of militia groups but really doesn't answer the question of "who shot first"?

Creeper

Reaction score
Waco: The Aftermath 7.5/10. I am a big Michael Shannon fan. Giovanni Ribisi steals the show though.

This actually expands on the bigger picture and wider net of militia groups but really doesn't answer the question of "who shot first"?
I have seen just about every documentary, movies and series about Waco. I have contemplated watching this one but my big concern is it is not written to be objective and solve questions. Am I wrong?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have seen just about every documentary, movies and series about Waco. I have contemplated watching this one but my big concern is it is not written to be objective and solve questions. Am I wrong?
I think it is objective as it can be with the focus on the strong disagreement within the FBI on how and when they should have proceeded.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think it is objective as it can be with the focus on the strong disagreement within the FBI on how and when they should have proceeded.
I trust your judgement. Maybe I will put it on my list of shows to watch.

Creeper

Reaction score
Did anyone cover "Eat the Rich: The Gamestop Saga"? Sorry if I missed it. It is a short docuseries about the Gamestop stock trading story. It explains what happened, why and who was behind it all. I found it to be a really interesting review of how a bunch of reddit users crushed some big hedge funds.

I don't pay much attention to the stock market anymore because I think hedge funds and big banks basically control the market with program trading. Little guys cannot keep up. It's not that we should not invest in the market. Money can still be made. But winning on individual stocks is so much more risky now.

In any case, it was actually a brilliant observation by one or more investors who noticed GameStop stock was being shorted to the tune of about 140%, meaning more GameStop shares were being shorted than there were shares outstanding - by far. By buying and holding the shares the short sellers were unable to find shares to buy to pay back their lenders unless they were paying premium prices for them. This drove the share prices up to more than 50 times their original value. As more and more people read about it, they started buy shares too. Some people made a lot of money but a lot of people lost everything they have because they found out paper profits don't mean much and knowing when to sell is as important as knowing when to buy. There is much more to the story including the Robinhood fiasco, which I think was criminal, but the series is definitely worth the watch.

There was a similar scenario in 2008-2009 with big banks, one in particular. People don't realize how short selling almost collapsed the economy in 2008.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I thought about watching it, but I don't know if there's history or canon vital to the story.
No, I’m sure there are Easter Eggs out the wazoo for fans of the game, but anyone can understand the movie.

I agree with initial reviewer, good movie. Gets better too as movie goes on.

Only complaint would be feels little more like a Renaissance Fair movie than something out of Lord of the Rings, but the character stories and likability do it Justice.

Been a great run this week on streaming blockbuster-type movies - Dungeons Dragons, Air, Antman 3, and hopefully I enjoy Shazam 2 when it hits HBO Max this week,

Hardline

Reaction score
And I don't know why.
Susan Dey was so cute.

25d4f7451f9687cd0b7920fff5d49d46.jpg

Last edited: