***Official Streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu and other streaming sites thread***

Creeper

Reaction score
Just finished "The Gentlemen" on Netflix. I liked it. It is a fun show. It end leaving the possibility of a 2nd season, but I understand season 2 is not decided by Netflix yet. The cast is excellent. Not really a bad performance by any of them. The characters are all entertaining in their own right. I will give it a 7.5 of 10. If there is a season 2 I will definitely watch it.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Finished the first season of Fallout last night.

The Ghoul (played by Cooper Howard) is one of the most compelling anti-heroes I’ve watched in a longtime.

IMG-1476.jpg

Creeper

Reaction score
I started watching Shogun last night. I got through two episodes and it was a slog for sure. I don't have Hulu so I am watching it on FX. I like the show but the commercial breaks are making it so difficult to sit through. FX give you the first 20 minutes or so without commercial interruption. After than its like every 5 or 10 minutes there is another commercial break. I am not used to watching commercials. I should have DVR'd the series when it was aired so I could fast forward past the commercials.

In any case, I vaguely remember the original Shogun series. This one compares favorably, except I am not thrilled with the way Cosmo Jarvis plays Blackthorne. He's a little too outspoken and brash. Something tells me if this was real, he would have lost his head shortly after being captured. I will reserve further judgement until I have watched more of the episodes. He could be doing this to contrast his character after he becomes more familiar with Japanese customs.

Hiroyuki Sanada is perfect as Toranaga. Basically, his character is similar to the one he played in 47 Ronin. Loved him in that too.

One thing I wonder about is how they speak Japanese when the characters are speaking Japanese, but English when the characters are speaking Portuguese. I wonder how it would look if they spoke Portuguese with subtitles instead of English. Not a big deal but just a thought.

I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the episodes.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I started watching Shogun last night. I got through two episodes and it was a slog for sure. I don't have Hulu so I am watching it on FX. I like the show but the commercial breaks are making it so difficult to sit through. FX give you the first 20 minutes or so without commercial interruption. After than its like every 5 or 10 minutes there is another commercial break. I am not used to watching commercials. I should have DVR'd the series when it was aired so I could fast forward past the commercials.

In any case, I vaguely remember the original Shogun series. This one compares favorably, except I am not thrilled with the way Cosmo Jarvis plays Blackthorne. He's a little too outspoken and brash. Something tells me if this was real, he would have lost his head shortly after being captured. I will reserve further judgement until I have watched more of the episodes. He could be doing this to contrast his character after he becomes more familiar with Japanese customs.

Hiroyuki Sanada is perfect as Toranaga. Basically, his character is similar to the one he played in 47 Ronin. Loved him in that too.

One thing I wonder about is how they speak Japanese when the characters are speaking Japanese, but English when the characters are speaking Portuguese. I wonder how it would look if they spoke Portuguese with subtitles instead of English. Not a big deal but just a thought.

I am looking forward to seeing the rest of the episodes.
I got the commercials on Hulu too.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The Peripheral
7.5/10
Great SciFi series
About a new VR game that gets sent to a super user to try it out
Unfortunately season 2 didn’t get picked up so incomplete
Crap, there's not gonna be a season 2??? That sucks! It was such a novel concept, and very well done.

Chloe Grace Moretz was fantastic, as well.

Creeper

Reaction score
Shogun absolutely hit a grand slam. It wasn't "pretty good" or just "ok". That was one of the greatest single seasons in TV history. Even though it's one and done they crushed it. Lady Mariko...I would take the throne just for her alone.
I am only at Episode 7 now, and I love the show overall, but I am put off by Cosmo Jarvis and his Richard Burton impression. I just find him miscast as Blackthorne. And his acting is a bit hammy. It makes any emotional connection with Mariko hard to believe.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Peripheral
7.5/10
Great SciFi series
About a new VR game that gets sent to a super user to try it out
Unfortunately season 2 didn’t get picked up so incomplete
Great series, but an example of why I hate Prime video. They cannot be trusted to give their customers what they want. I have seen series where they give you 4 seasons free then charge for the 5th. It is bizarre. If not for the free Amazon shipping I would cancel Prime.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Finally starting Fallout today and what the hell, it's been awhile since I have been on Amazon Prime TV, you have to watch ads now?

I swear, these companies are getting so greedy. The whole point of paying for their app was to have premium access to content. Now you have to have the Premium Premium's Premium's plan to not have ads. Ridiculous. :rolleyes:

Ok, now get off my lawn!!!