***Official Tired of Talking TO Thread***

CosmicCowboy

Reaction score
Next_years_Champs said:
I hate to tell you this but most of these people probably have no idea who Rene Richards is. Your giving away you age LOL !!!!

I've stayed out of all these TO threads because I think the guy is a wasted space and discussing him is a waste of time and effort. I personally think this team is a year from being Super Bowl ready because of the personel turnover and the coordination and timing it takes to play at the Super Bowl level.

But if this team manages to mature this year and make its way into the Super Bowl, That will happen because of positive chemistry in the locker room since I feel the talent is here. TO brings nothing but talent and bad chemistry, something that will only hurt this team in its current state of development.

LOL..yep I, know it was just a 'testing of the water' sorta speak...but I could not agree with you more on TO. All that talent, and what now looks like not to many teams to go to.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
And if a frog had wings it wouldn't bump it's arse when it jumps

TO will NEVER change because he doesn't think he has done anything wrong....EVER

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
YoMick said:
I have a serious question... I am prepared to take a lickin' for it... but it begs to be answered....

IF Terrell Owens came to Dallas and straightened out and helped with 1-3 Super Bowls... would we really all be hating... I know that Keyshawn is not T.O. but alot had reservations about him going to Dallas....

If T.O. = Super Bowls... can we live with that?

Yo, Aaaaaadrian!

Hey, I would be one of the ones who would love it. No hate here.

YoMick! Great avatar buddy! Cracked me up. :D

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Look he may never become a cowboy and thats fine. I just think all of this "Just say no to T.O." is a kneejerk reaction. You have to sometimes look at it for what he brings to the table. T.O. is a Michael Irvin-type. Yes, I know he is NOT MI. You get my point.

Hey Fletch, Thanks.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
YoMick said:
Look he may never become a cowboy and thats fine. I just think all of this "Just say no to T.O." is a kneejerk reaction. You have to sometimes look at it for what he brings to the table. T.O. is a Michael Irvin-type. Yes, I know he is NOT MI. You get my point.

Hey Fletch, Thanks.

I don't think it is knee jerk at all, many of us said after his stint in San Fran that the eagles were making a mistake and just as predicted things fell apart in Philly. This is not the 1st time and I doubt it will be the last.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
YoMick said:

Hey Fletch, Thanks.

Definitely hear what you are saying. And I guarantee you that half of this posturing on this message board would become a moot point IF Terrell Owens (which most likely won't happen) indeed became a Cowboy.

They might still pitch a fit, but deep down they'd be gitty as a little girl in spring who just began to sprout up top at the possibilities of getting to that all-allusive Super Bowl. :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
YoMick said:

Hey Fletch, Thanks.
TO is no Michael Irvin. On the field Mike was the ultimate team player. TO is only about TO.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
YoMick said:
I have a serious question... I am prepared to take a lickin' for it... but it begs to be answered....

IF Terrell Owens came to Dallas and straightened out and helped with 1-3 Super Bowls... would we really all be hating... I know that Keyshawn is not T.O. but alot had reservations about him going to Dallas....

Yo, Aaaaaadrian!

If this was true.....I admit......I would be lovin it.

Then again, I would pull for anyone who helps us win the Super Bowl.....it is all about the trophies for me......I want #6 before any other team.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sad when even Vick doesn't want him...

----------

Falcons | Vick Discusses Owens
Wed, 9 Nov 2005 22:24:22 -0800

Steve Wyche, of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, reports Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick said that he could play with Philadelphia Eagles WR Terrell Owens, but he would need to understand who is boss. Vick said, "He would have to understand my style of play and what I do and if he can do that, he can be here. Other than that, this is my team. I run the ball a little bit more than other quarterbacks. It would take away from some of his catches. You've got to be a team player when you come here." Vick didn't sound too enthusiastic about the Falcons possibly pursuing Owens. "I don't know. It would help but I feel like we've got all the right pieces here to be successful and to win football games," Vick said.

--------------
Even the 1-7 Texans don't want him

McNair says Texans don't want Owens
During a break in preparations for Sunday's game at unbeaten Indianapolis, McNair was asked if he would consider signing Owens once Philadelphia has washed its hands of him.
"He's almost dismantled the Eagles; why would you wish that on us?" McNair said with a laugh. "I've already got enough problems."

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Fletch said:
They might still pitch a fit, but deep down they'd be gitty as a little girl in spring who just began to sprout up top at the possibilities of getting to that all-allusive Super Bowl. :D

he hasnt helped anyone win a super bowl...we dont become anymore of a super bowl contender with him than we are without him because of the damage he causes internally

and not all of us would be happy if TO is signed...I certainly wont be, and would never cheer for him even if he's running 80 yds for a TD...I truly hope Jones and Parcells have no intention of pursuing this bumbling fool

David

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
CosmicCowboy said:
LOL..yep I, know it was just a 'testing of the water' sorta speak...but I could not agree with you more on TO. All that talent, and what now looks like not to many teams to go to.

Yeah and don't take me wrong what you said was hilarious, but the humor will be missed by many.........

Rockytop6

Reaction score
You are correct. You do have a serious problem. What is all this fascination with TO? He has caused problems, disruptions, etc. with every team he has been associated with. He gives every coach major headaches. He disses every QB he has played with. He has not been the reason that any team has made it to the SB.

You said IF he would do all these things. You wouldn't know that without first signing him and why would you sign him in HOPES he would do these things?

Everybody talks about TO being the key to the Boys going to the SB. There are several WRs who would make a far greater contribution to the Boys making it to the SB. They have talent, attitude, good locker room presence, leaders and they are team players. The only one of that group TO has is the talent.

TO dominates the sports talk shows; the news and he is the center of all the games that are played when he is not even at a game. He has orchestrated all of this beautifully. He feeds off it. He is addicted to the center stage. He should quit football and go to Hollywood where he belongs. He would fit in with most of that crowd. He might play for other teams now but he will never fit it with them. What team needs his circus? He will NEVER be the reason that any team makes it to the SB.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
CosmicCowboy said:
If TO, was to come to Dallas..and become a real 'team-mate' here...well that would be the biggest 'turnaround'..in sports history..well since 'Rene Richards'....IMO.
You might be onto something here... get on the horn to Drew Rosenhaus.

TO loves basketball, but isn't good enough to play the NBA.
The WNBA desperately needs something to boost their ratings.

It's a match made in heaven!

ravidubey

Reaction score
... having a big mouth? What he did:

- Held out for part of camp.
- Said the organization was not as classy as they claim to be.
- Got in a fight with Hugh Douglas (who is not even on the team) after Douglas accused T.O. of faking an injury.
- Said the team would have won more games if Donovan McNabb was healthy or a healthy Brett Favre were the QB. The context of the Favre comment was more about how well Favre would do on a team with a supporting cast instead of languishing on a bad team in Green Bay-- not that Favre was better than Donovan McNabb.
- He also apologized. Profusely.

I'm not a fan of how T.O. has handled his contract situation, but this warrants a four game suspension? That's nothing different than what a Corey Dillon, Carl Pickens, Jeff George, Keyshawn Johnson, or even Warren Sapp has done. Jerks? Of course! But not criminals. Make T.O. inactive if you want, but suspending him for this long is unjustified.

Suspensions are for when players use or sell drugs or otherwise break the law. Suspensions are for when you stand on the Dallas star like a bozo starting fights during a game or when you pick Jim McMahon up and slam him to the ground-- after the play is over.

If T.O. has any kind of decent representation, he should get at least half of that suspension repealed.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
ravidubey said:
... having a big mouth? What he did:

- Held out for part of camp.
- Said the organization was not as classy as they claim to be.
- Got in a fight with Hugh Douglas (who is not even on the team) after Douglas accused T.O. of faking an injury.
- Said the team would have won more games if Donovan McNabb was healthy or a healthy Brett Favre were the QB. The context of the Favre comment was more about how well Favre would do on a team with a supporting cast instead of languishing on a bad team in Green Bay-- not that Favre was better than Donovan McNabb.
- He also apologized. Profusely.

I'm not a fan of how T.O. has handled his contract situation, but this warrants a four game suspension? That's nothing different than what a Corey Dillon, Carl Pickens, Jeff George, Keyshawn Johnson, or even Warren Sapp has done. Jerks? Of course! But not criminals. Make T.O. inactive if you want, but suspending him for this long is unjustified.

Suspensions are for when players use or sell drugs or otherwise break the law. Suspensions are for when you stand on the Dallas star like a bozo starting fights during a game or when you pick Jim McMahon up and slam him to the ground-- after the play is over.

If T.O. has any kind of decent representation, he should get at least half of that suspension repealed.

Ravi your only listing thing you know in the press according to the eagles there is more than what has been written but of course they would not get into details with the hearing still pending.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
YoMick said:

Yo, Aaaaaadrian!
Which team has he helped win even 1 Super Bowl so far?