RELEASED Official: Witten notifies team he is retiring

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Jason Witten's detail in with Y-Option is shocking to Jason Garrett.

I can't help but wonder why our coaches aren't the ones demanding that type of excellence from their players.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Another great Cowboy career wasted. To have Romo, T.O., Witten, Ware in their primes at the same time and not win a Super Bowl is criminal.:mad:
True. A crying shame. It falls squarely on the Jones families head.

God Speed Witt . See you in 2024 at your HOF induction.

HardHittin'Witten

This ain't Madden
Reaction score
giphy.gif

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

We came here to praise him, not bury him.

Witten will retire as an icon of the Cowboys.
Hard worker. Good citizen. Circumspect in the locker room and on the sidelines. Well!spoken and only upon mental deliberation. Productive beyond the FO's wildest expectations when it drafted him.
He will go on to broadcasting and he will do us proud. He will leave with dignity.

Perhaps the best honor we can bestow on Written is that, in his segue to a new profession, he was the opposite of Dez.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Y-option
By far his main play

Witten said long nights practicing with Romo...they came up with that.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
It's people like you that I feel bad for. Does life suck so much that you couldn't set your ego to the side for ONE positive post? So wrong on so many levels.

I’m sorry your feelings are hurt and I don’t share your sentiments regarding Witten’s retirement.

Wish you luck

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

We're gonna miss this guy in the locker room and on the field but it really is time. I said that last year when the draft was stoked with TE's. Yell we'll miss him like all the greats. First ballot HOFer, class act, champion of causes, Walter Payton award. Just no ring. It must be hard to walk away without it. Hey, maybe Butch and Sundance can rise again as Romo and Witt patrolling the sidelines. Who knows. Good luck Captain 82

joseephuss

Reaction score
Another great Cowboy career wasted. To have Romo, T.O., Witten, Ware in their primes at the same time and not win a Super Bowl is criminal.:mad:

Hahaha! You could have left Owens off that list. He isn't a great Cowboy and he wasn't in his prime while he was in Dallas. His prime years were in San Francisco.