Officially Texas-OU Week!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Rowdy;3010348 said:
BG, I look forward to a great game this weekend. I'll be on this thread for awhile up until and after the game. Whether it'll be to slightly gloat a bit or take the punishment, I'll be here. :D

i will say this, when it comes to the UT/OU rivalry, you can be a huge pain in the butt....but no one can question your loyalty or honor.

:)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Games like Texas and OU is what college football is all about I love this game and look forward to it every year. Hook'em Horns, kick OU's butt back across the Red River!!!!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Biggems;3010411 said:
i will say this, when it comes to the UT/OU rivalry, you can be a huge pain in the butt....but no one can question your loyalty or honor.

:)

I'll second that. There are some OU fans on here I would consider friends. They don't cut me much slack during Red River week but after that's over, we're all in the same leaky ship, U.S.S Cowboys.

:laugh2:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
switzersflask;3009870 said:
I stopped reading your post as soon as I saw your excuse machine firin' up.

switzersflask;3009897 said:
I could say that the loss of Reynolds last season was the reason we lost, but it's our fault we didn't have an adequate replacement.

I could say our loss to Florida was because we were missing our top tailback (Murray) our top two middle linebackers (Box, Reynolds) and one of our top d tackles (Granger) but that isn't the case. We got beat by a better team, period.

I could say the loss of Malcolm Kelly, Reggie Smith, Demarco Murray, Demarcus Granger, Lendy Holmes, and a few other key players cost us the bowl against West Virginia, but we just flat out got beat by a team with a bigger heart.

I could make excuses all day long, and I'm sure plenty of OU fans do make excuses just like fans do for every single team, but not me.

You, however, are doing a great job!

yeah, so when are you going to stop making excuses??

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
switzersflask;3009808 said:
I can point out you flops against Texas Tech and the fact that you scheduled them early in the season so that you won't get them at full strength in November.

Actually, that was per a request from the network (ESPN/ABC) to BOTH schools so that game could be shown in prime time.

But don't let facts get in your way.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
DallasCowpoke;3011007 said:
Actually, that was per a request from the network (ESPN/ABC) to BOTH schools so that game could be shown in prime time.

But don't let facts get in your way.
LOL @ the ludicrous notion that there was some crazy conspiracy by Mack Brown to have the game earlier in the season so it would be an easier game. You can't make this stuff up.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
peplaw06;3011055 said:
LOL @ the ludicrous notion that there was some crazy conspiracy by Mack Brown to have the game earlier in the season so it would be an easier game. You can't make this stuff up.

Yea, I can't wait until next year, when we petition the BCS to go ahead and let us get our bowl game over by the end of Sept, so it doesn't interfere with our annual Sadie Hawkins Valentines Day Gala.

Shady12

Reaction score
switzersflask;3009808 said:
Good job, you have two Big XII titles.

Our bowl problems have nothing to do with Texas. However, us completely dominating the conference and bringing home the Big Bob Trophy pretty much every season has everything to do with Texas' inability to follow through the season even if they beat OU.

You can point out our bowl losses, and I can point out your flops to roody poo *** teams like aTm in College Station AND Austin. I can point out your ridiculous flops against Kansas State in Manhatten and in Austin. I can point out you flops against Texas Tech and the fact that you scheduled them early in the season so that you won't get them at full strength in November.

Congrats.

FYI Mack Brown with Texas has the best record in close games out of anyone. I saw the stats a week or so ago, destroys Stoops and Pete Carroll in games decided by I believe 3 points or less. Wins at least 10-11 games almost every year, has owned this rivalry over the past 4 years or so. And the main reason I replied to this- they didn't schedule Tech to be early in the season. The teams don't even schedule the dates of the conference games. It was originally scheduled for Nov. as usual but the teams agreed to move it to Sept. for ABC primetime.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Shady12;3011534 said:
FYI Mack Brown with Texas has the best record in close games out of anyone. I saw the stats a week or so ago, destroys Stoops and Pete Carroll in games decided by I believe 3 points or less. Wins at least 10-11 games almost every year, has owned this rivalry over the past 4 years or so. And the main reason I replied to this- they didn't schedule Tech to be early in the season. The teams don't even schedule the dates of the conference games. It was originally scheduled for Nov. as usual but the teams agreed to move it to Sept. for ABC primetime.

And just think when Mack Brown became the HC at Texas people told me how over rated he was. Mack Brown is the best thing that happened to the Longhorns since coach Darrell Royal.

switzersflask

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;3010410 said:
No, your mistaken. We're having a good time at your expense. I grant you, it's a subtle difference that you probably didn't get. It's OK thou. Keep posting more gay pictures and dreaming about men's panties. It suits you. As for slapfigts on message boards, I'm surprised. That too seems to suit you. Your a lot of crap talk and not much substance. Win a ball game and then talk. I'm tired of listening to your pie hole.

You come back any time.

ooooo testy. lol

switzersflask

Reaction score
http://i213.***BLOCKED***/albums/cc310/hbinkley/uterus/gaywhorns-1.gif

http://i213.***BLOCKED***/albums/cc310/hbinkley/uterus/Browns-Burlesque.gif

switzersflask

Reaction score
http://i102.***BLOCKED***/albums/m91/desilou_02/texassucks.jpg

http://i114.***BLOCKED***/albums/n270/soonerbjorn/OUtx/1232560135_l.jpg

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
switzersflask;3012270 said:
http://i114.***BLOCKED***/albums/n270/soonerbjorn/OUtx/1232560135_l.jpg

Now that is what I'm talkin about....finally switzerflask brings something of value to this thread....kudos

BTW, 11 is my favorite number

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
switzersflask;3012257 said:
http://i213.***BLOCKED***/albums/cc310/hbinkley/uterus/gaywhorns-1.gif

http://i213.***BLOCKED***/albums/cc310/hbinkley/uterus/Browns-Burlesque.gif

Looks like you on the receiving end there Switzer.

:laugh2:

switzersflask

Reaction score
Biggems;3012310 said:
Now that is what I'm talkin about....finally switzerflask brings something of value to this thread....kudos

BTW, 11 is my favorite number

lol I knew we could all come to an agreement on that one. :)

switzersflask

Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;3012276 said:

As I mentioned to an earlier poster, I have a job and a life outside of internet message boards.

Next time I'll be sure and make a point to stop my life and put everything down and hit up the board asap. :rolleyes:

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
switzersflask;3012615 said:
As I mentioned to an earlier poster, I have a job and a life outside of internet message boards.

Next time I'll be sure and make a point to stop my life and put everything down and hit up the board asap. :rolleyes:

And your "life" and "job" just happened to intervene at the most opportune time.

Riiiiiight.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I was watching College Football live last night and those clowns were acting as if Texas has no defense. All they did was embarrass themselves. Texas might be struggling, at least in the first half, offensively this season, but the defense has been excellent.

The team has given up 75 points in 5 games (15 ppg)....24 being the high. However, the actual defense has only given up 61 points (12.2 ppg). Colt gave up a pick 6 against UTEP and Wyoming blocked a punt for a TD. Of those 61 points, 10 were set up by offensive turnovers, that left the opponent in the red zone (3 against Louisiana Monroe, 7 against Colorado).

Total
1165 yds = 233 per game
337 plays = 67.4 plays per game
3.5 yds per play

First Downs - 78 (15.6 per game)
passing - 46 (9.2 per game
rushing - 21 (4.2 per game)
penalty - 11 (2.2 per game)

315 Total Tackles = 63 per game
205 solo = 41 per game
110 assisted = 22 per game

Turnovers = 14 (2.8 per game)
8 INTs = 1.6 per game
6 Fumbles recovered = 1.2 per game (15 Fumbles forced = 3 per game)
Pick 6 = 1
1 blocked punt for TD

3rd down conversion
15 - 72 (20.83%) = 3 - 14.4 per game

4th down conversion
4 - 8 (50%)

Red Zone Success
8 - 10 (80%) - 5 TDs, 3 FGs, 1 Int

Field Goal Success
4 - 5 (80%)

Passing
934 yds = 186.8 per game
191 attempts = 38.2 per game
101 completions = 20.2 per game
4.9 yards per attempt
6 TDs = 1.2 per game

18 QB Hurries = 3.6 per game
14 sacks = 2.8 per game
24 Passes Defended = 4.8 per game

Receiving
934 yds = 186.8 per game
101 completions = 20.2 per game
9.25 yds per completion

Rushing
231 yds = 46.2 yds per game
146 carries = 29.2 carries per game
1.6 yds per carry
1 TD = 0.2 per game

This is the best Longhorns defense I have seen in a very long time. If they can continue to play this well, there is no reason why the Horns can't be playing for the National Championship in January. With the way the defense and special teams are playing this year, just think how dominant this team would be if the offense were playing as precise and finely tuned as it did last season.