Officially Texas-OU Week!

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
switzersflask;3012612 said:
lol I knew we could all come to an agreement on that one. :)

I would love to be the official in the middle of that rivalry for sure

rkell87

Reaction score
silverbear;3004662 said:
Aw, Texas gets more than its fair share of in-state recruits... in fact, right now they're at the top of the Rivals' leaderboard for the next crop of recruits...

I don't mind if OU gets their leftovers, I like it when they think they're good enough to win the Red River rivalry... :D

lol yeah but they still get a few guys we go after and it irks me...but what really irks me lately is that baylor keeps getting the top ranked secondary recruits we go after....why else would we have a 2 star recruit back there?

rkell87

Reaction score
switz please tell your team to rep the big 12 better if your gonna get the conference championship you need to win your bowl game espcially if it is the title, it just looks bad and we need those titles to bring in more recruits nationally and so we can compete with the sec as best conference.

normally yall beat the weak non conference oppoinents then you always have the talent to beat the guys you see every year but when it comes to tough non conference...you fold(ie.bowl games). and this year you couldnt even beat your weak non conference

Shady12

Reaction score
rkell87;3013087 said:
lol yeah but they still get a few guys we go after and it irks me...but what really irks me lately is that baylor keeps getting the top ranked secondary recruits we go after....why else would we have a 2 star recruit back there?

Because he's better than the 4 star safeties on the team. He was underrated. If he was a two star talent he wouldn't sniff the field at Texas.

switzersflask

Reaction score
rkell87;3013090 said:
switz please tell your team to rep the big 12 better if your gonna get the conference championship you need to win your bowl game espcially if it is the title, it just looks bad and we need those titles to bring in more recruits nationally and so we can compete with the sec as best conference.

normally yall beat the weak non conference oppoinents then you always have the talent to beat the guys you see every year but when it comes to tough non conference...you fold(ie.bowl games). and this year you couldnt even beat your weak non conference

Miami is not weak and BYU is tougher than anything that has been put in front of UT over the past few years.

And I completely agree about our bowl flops. If Texas has such a problem with it, they should do something about it and win the damn conference for once.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
switzersflask;3013659 said:
Miami is not weak and BYU is tougher than anything that has been put in front of UT over the past few years.

And I completely agree about our bowl flops. If Texas has such a problem with it, they should do something about it and win the damn conference for once.

We thought we did last year. It's just that nobody agreed with us.

:laugh2:

rkell87

Reaction score

cause we didnt play tOSU or arkansas up until this year right? please make excuses why you lost to BYU.

we did last year, all we needed was one more first place vote,or to run the score up like the sooners,but mack brown has more class than that thats why he voted alabama #1 and why he didnt run the score up.

rkell87

Reaction score
Shady12;3013469 said:
Because he's better than the 4 star safeties on the team. He was underrated. If he was a two star talent he wouldn't sniff the field at Texas.

i dont think he is 4 star imo he is too slow to read the plays

switzersflask

Reaction score
rkell87;3013754 said:
cause we didnt play tOSU or arkansas up until this year right? please make excuses why you lost to BYU.

we did last year, all we needed was one more first place vote,or to run the score up like the sooners,but mack brown has more class than that thats why he voted alabama #1 and why he didnt run the score up.

Cry much?

switzersflask

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;3013675 said:
We thought we did last year. It's just that nobody agreed with us.

Fact is, we had a few more quality wins and Texas stumbled late in the season against Tech and almost lost to OSU in Austin.

The computers like the fact that we played and defeated a ranked TCU and the Big East Champions in our non conference schedule. Those may not be juggernauts, but their ranking in the AP/Coaches/BCS is what put us over you.

I think it's funny people call out Stoops for running up the score on Tech. That is so ********. Blowouts happen in football and you're just making yourself look like a little girl when you cry about that mess.

I hope we don't have to get into this discussion any more than we already have because IT HAPPENED LAST YEAR. Freaking get over it all ready pansies.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
switzersflask;3014248 said:
Fact is, we had a few more quality wins and Texas stumbled late in the season against Tech and almost lost to OSU in Austin.

The computers like the fact that we played and defeated a ranked TCU and the Big East Champions in our non conference schedule. Those may not be juggernauts, but their ranking in the AP/Coaches/BCS is what put us over you.

I think it's funny people call out Stoops for running up the score on Tech. That is so ********. Blowouts happen in football and you're just making yourself look like a little girl when you cry about that mess.

I hope we don't have to get into this discussion any more than we already have because IT HAPPENED LAST YEAR. Freaking get over it all ready pansies.

Come Saturday, I expect there will be no need to look back.

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;3014322 said:

You can also expect that switzersflask will suddenly realize he has a job and a life.

:muttley:

DallasCowpoke

Fierce Allegiance
Reaction score
BYU is tougher than anything that has been put in front of UT over the past few years.

Kinda a weird statement, considering we play OU every year

switzersflask

Reaction score
ABQCOWBOY;3014322 said:

There should be no need to look back now. The Sooners will come rolling into Dallas and it will be time for pure hate.

It's gonna get nasty and I have about a grand set aside for bail money alone.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
switzersflask;3014494 said:
There should be no need to look back now. The Sooners will come rolling into Dallas and it will be time for pure hate.

It's gonna get nasty and I have about a grand set aside for bail money alone.

LOL.....

So you already plan on being pissed off after the game huh?