Officiating, the fix is in, Mega I hate you Refs thread **merged**

ArtClink

Reaction score
The fix is in and has been for years. How does a flag happy crew miss that holding penalty on Parsons? You would have to be blind or criminally motivated to miss that.
Wow. How many NFC playoff appearances would we have if the refs didn’t cheat up for 28 consecutive seasons? How many?

Spock would have issues with your “logic”.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Listen end of the day we had a chance to win the game. I know the penalties were even in the game....But it's flat out disgusting how they helped Philly second half. The ticky tack stuff they called on our secondary, meanwhile.

-Picking up a flag on a clear illegal hands to the face.

-Tolbert's jersey gets pulled on our previous drive.... but they make that call on gillmore.

-Micah parsons held several times.... No Call.

-Can we talk about dak getting with a shoulder to the helmet on that last drive. That the definition of roughing. No call.

I'm not one to usually complain about officials. It evens out... but you can't have minimal calls in the first half and call it different in the second. Awful
The no call on the OPI on Philly’s TD was atrocious. But the worst was the DPI on Dallas when the ball was 7 yards out of bounds. Newsflash folks!! It is scripted.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Losing franchises like ours love to blame the refs when we all know why we can’t win. There are 31 other teams who ***** about refs but our fans take it to another level.

We’re not a better organization than Philly this century. They have a better owner, better gm, better roster, and have actually experienced deep playoff runs (remember those?). Oh and their gm made their team better before the trade deadline.

Losers blame the refs, winners look at the man in the mirror and focus on how they can be better.

It’s still business as usual in Jonestown, with the fuhrer simply rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
But it's very difficult to win when a great team like Philly is getting calls. .... yes I know calls went both ways. But find me calls that went in our favor that were borderline?

Meanwhile Philly legitimately got 4 of them to keep drives alive.

The pass interference that wasn't catchable in the 3rd quarter (kept a drive alive)

The illegal hand to the face on the second to last drive... called and picked up. Why the hell was that flag picked up? Considering Gilmore got called for a slight jersey pull.

Micah Parsons was clearly, and I mean clearly held on a couple plays. So much that the tv had no choice but to bring it up.

It was unreal... You cannot as officials call it one way for one half, and then another in the second half.

Anyone notice why the Super Bowl there are never a lot of flags thrown? Cause they know the game would be unwatchable to the non die hard fan. So why not call the games like that all the time. It's just very inconsistent.

Cowboy_svt

Reaction score
The PI on Gilmore was a joke that led to a scoring drive.

The spot on the first drive gave them 4th and a half yard instead of 4th and 2 which led to another scoring drive.

Picking up the flag for illegal hands to the face on Gallup on 2nd down led to a drive killing sack

But in the end, we still had a shot to win the game but for some reason, our coach went empty, which led to Steele getting roasted again and caused chaos.
Yeah its like people want to thunp their chest and say this doesnt matter

But you got two really good teams that will have a close game. If a drive ends cause of a no call, and a drive continues cause of a bad call, thats not a disadvantage/advantage?

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
One thing I think the league needs to address is the offensive line getting away with grabbing defensive players when their QB starts to scramble out of the pocket.

Multiple times in this game, and really every game, you see guys being grabbed which allows QBs to run away from pressure.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
One thing I think the league needs to address is the offensive line getting away with grabbing defensive players when their QB starts to scramble out of the pocket.

Multiple times in this game, and really every game, you see guys being grabbed which allows QBs to run away from pressure.
Blatant no calls. Says one thing. The officials are corrupt.

Starstruck22

Reaction score
But it's very difficult to win when a great team like Philly is getting calls. .... yes I know calls went both ways. But find me calls that went in our favor that were borderline?

The pass interference that wasn't catchable in the 3rd quarter (kept a drive alive)

The illegal hand to the face on the second to last drive... called and picked up. Why the hell was that flag picked up? Considering Gilmore got called for a slight jersey pull.

Micah Parsons was clearly, and I mean clearly held on a couple plays. So much that the tv had no choice but to bring it up.

It was unreal... You cannot as officials call it one way for one half, and then another in the second half.

Anyone notice why the Super Bowl there are never a lot of flags thrown? Cause they know the game would be unwatchable to the non die hard fan. So why not call the games like that all the time. It's just very inconsistent.
When the officiating crew is flag happy and consciously avoid holding penalties on Philly the conclusion is the refs are crooked.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Listen end of the day we had a chance to win the game. I know the penalties were even in the game....But it's flat out disgusting how they helped Philly second half. The ticky tack stuff they called on our secondary, meanwhile.

-Picking up a flag on a clear illegal hands to the face.

-Tolbert's jersey gets pulled on our previous drive.... but they make that call on gillmore.

-Micah parsons held several times.... No Call.

-Can we talk about dak getting with a shoulder to the helmet on that last drive. That the definition of roughing. No call.

I'm not one to usually complain about officials. It evens out... but you can't have minimal calls in the first half and call it different in the second. Awful
I was over at the Eagles boards, and they were pissed by the officials and felt they were trying to help us win the game. LOL

ArtClink

Reaction score

NFL officiating is the most inconsistent of all major sports. Yeah it’s inconsistent but we’re not a better team or a better org than Philly this century.

We are what we are and the bad officiating evens out. I’ve seen just as many non-calls when we play at home, calls that are obvious on the Cowboys that remain uncalled.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
When the officiating crew is flag happy and consciously avoid holding penalties on Philly the conclusion is the refs are crooked.
The hold on Dowdle's run was huge, it was a 3 point game and Dallas would have been in scoring position instead of at midfield with first and 20.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Anyone after watching the flag frenzy refs refusing to throw the flag against Philly in obvious holding penalties on Parsons and identical holds on receivers blocking with shoulder pad holds (as was flagged on Dallas) cannot say the fix is in, I have no idea what a fix would look like. This is just more proof that there is a clear effort by NFL officials to screw Dallas. It has been going on for years.
each team had ten penalties called against them....

mardwin

Reaction score
Penalties on the Eagles on our last drive took us down to the 5 yd line. We had the benefit of calls on that drive and we couldn't win the game. I don't blame the refs.
Those were blatant calls. The pass interference and a roughing the passer calls.