Officiating, the fix is in, Mega I hate you Refs thread **merged**

SlimBig

Reaction score
I can't listen to these radio guys like Broadus say that it even out at the end because it was 10 penalties a piece.
"The officials called a 36 yd pass interference call for Gallup so it evens out." :facepalm:

ArtClink

Reaction score
Wow, I'm pretty sure you're not even a Cowboys fan after reading some of your posts in this thread.
Before you jump to conclusions, I have been a fan since the 60s when I was a wee tike. I know more about Cowboys history than most on this forum because I have loved the Cowboys for so long and have watched just about every game with the Super Bowl V loss being my first game.

It’s not my fault or a scenario any fan could have imagined but a drunk hillbilly bought the team and yes because of Jimmy we added three championships. But the past almost three decades have been a clown car of gross team mismanagement by the king of hubris, who thought his money meant he was qualified to be the gm.

Well we haven’t won anything in 28 seasons while watching the fuhrer cycle through loser hc (except Parcells) that have no authority to hire their own staff. I could go on but rest assured I’m a hard core fan that wouldn’t be here if I didn’t care so much about this franchise.

I’m a fan that is tired of losing, esp when we know the one man responsible for this almost three decade draught.

Ozone22

Reaction score
If Dak's big foot didn't touch out of bounds, if Schoonmaker had run 2 feet deeper pass the goal line, we would be having a different conversation.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Listen end of the day we had a chance to win the game. I know the penalties were even in the game....But it's flat out disgusting how they helped Philly second half. The ticky tack stuff they called on our secondary, meanwhile.

-Picking up a flag on a clear illegal hands to the face.

-Tolbert's jersey gets pulled on our previous drive.... but they make that call on gillmore.

-Micah parsons held several times.... No Call.

-Can we talk about dak getting with a shoulder to the helmet on that last drive. That the definition of roughing. No call.

I'm not one to usually complain about officials. It evens out... but you can't have minimal calls in the first half and call it different in the second. Awful
The referees took over a well played game in the second half. Unbelievable how the league consistently gets away with this. I will never bet because of it.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Penalties on the Eagles on our last drive took us down to the 5 yd line. We had the benefit of calls on that drive and we couldn't win the game. I don't blame the refs.

Those penalties were clear. The PI was clear... the late hit was clear. That the difference.

Why was the illegal hands to the face picked up on our second to las drive, that woulda been a big call in our favor.

Why was Gilmore flagged for a phantom PI, and then a jersey grab. Yet when it happened to our guy no call.

Why were clear holding penalties not called in favor of Micah Parsons.

There is 0 consistency in the officiating in this league.

TheHerd

Reaction score
One thing I think the league needs to address is the offensive line getting away with grabbing defensive players when their QB starts to scramble out of the pocket.

Multiple times in this game, and really every game, you see guys being grabbed which allows QBs to run away from pressure.
The league wants that. It’s clear they want points, and the narrative of these mobile QBs making plays on the run is a very sellable product.

ArtClink

Reaction score
The is no other conclusion than the refs have to be either inept or corrupt. Missing monumental holding calls against Parsons is completely unacceptable and no reason we should even have these clowns of the field.
Well that explains why we can’t win in the playoffs. The refs always cheat us. How did I miss that?

Maybe if our idiot TE had run a deeper route. Maybe if we had a hc who know something about clock management. Maybe if we didn’t continue to re-sign Tyron Smith years after it’s obvious he can only play ~8 games a year. Maybe if our overrated defense could mk a critical stop. No, you’re right, it’s all on the refs.

Brax

Reaction score
Listen end of the day we had a chance to win the game. I know the penalties were even in the game....But it's flat out disgusting how they helped Philly second half. The ticky tack stuff they called on our secondary, meanwhile.

-Picking up a flag on a clear illegal hands to the face.

-Tolbert's jersey gets pulled on our previous drive.... but they make that call on gillmore.

-Micah parsons held several times.... No Call.

-Can we talk about dak getting with a shoulder to the helmet on that last drive. That the definition of roughing. No call.

I'm not one to usually complain about officials. It evens out... but you can't have minimal calls in the first half and call it different in the second. Awful
You must have watched a different game the calls were more in Dallas favor, the worse was the missed hold on MP.

Cmac

Reaction score
The fix is in and has been for years. How does a flag happy crew miss that holding penalty on Parsons? You would have to be blind or criminally motivated to miss that.
Criminally motivated......there will be a book out after someone gets prison time

Acheman08

Reaction score
In seriousness, which calls on Philly did your think were iffy?
There was one call on philly i saw that was weak...but, thats about it. I dont usually go off about the refs but, there was so many ticky tack calls on dallas and missed calls on philthy. They still couldve won too...oh and they beat up a bunch of egals like adams, hurts, goddert, etc., so theres that.

kevm3

Reaction score
The officiating severely undermines the integrity of the game, but then again this is an 'entertainment' league, so they are going to push the 'chosen teams'. Wouldn't be surprised at another Philly KC superbowl

kevm3

Reaction score
The no call on the OPI on Philly’s TD was atrocious. But the worst was the DPI on Dallas when the ball was 7 yards out of bounds. Newsflash folks!! It is scripted.
Or how about when they picked up the flag?

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Listen I usually don't blame the officials. But it's completely dumb how these guys can impact games so much.... There is 0 consistency in the game. First half was clean, second half flag happy.

Again why doesn't the Super Bowl ever get a ton of flags? the league will tell you its because its "an all star crew". Thats not true, they prob instruct the officials not to throw a flag unless it's obvious, because it ruins the flow of the game. Why can't every game be like that. Its ridiculous.

Or at least make everything reviewable at this point.