Officiating, the fix is in, Mega I hate you Refs thread **merged**

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I'm just about convinced there's a script. If I can't shake that feeling, there's no point in me watching. If the Cowboys hadn't been such a huge part of my WHOLE life, I think I'd just turn it off.

It's not just sour grapes. I can take a hard fought loss. But, I need to figure out for myself if I actually believe the games are being intentionally influenced beyond the field.

Maybe it'll pass. Maybe it is just me being sore at the loss. But I'm having trouble suspending disbelief enough to keep investing my time into this.
It’s weird. I’ve never thought that. Through all the bs. I’ve always thought there was a ref bias. Or Dallas was prime time so much it changed calls because of eyes.

Lately I wonder.

That game was weird. And it only takes a few calls to alter a football game’s outcome dramatically.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
It’s obvious. Eagles had penalties that helped us too. As I said I literally make a point to mention the many favorable ones we get in wins in the game thread but it’s ignored. It’s only an issue when people blame losses. The refs in the NFL do have issues…it’s just league wide
Tell me a favorable one that was controversial?

One that was reasonably a bad call. And why.

Scotman

Reaction score
If it were fixed the refs wouldn't have called a 40 yard PI with less then a minute then a soft personal foul a play or two later
It was all but over at that point. But, maybe you're right. Maybe it's all above board. I'm not convinced enough to try and sell anyone else on what I'm feeling.

In the end, if I can't shake it, it really only impacts me. I'll do something else and it won't matter to anyone else.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Every crew misses calls, gets things wrong etc. Micah has to sell the holds better, otherwise he breaks free too fast and they miss it.
I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU MISS THIS REPEATEDLY...... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

eagles-vs-cowboys-2021.jpg

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Before you jump to conclusions, I have been a fan since the 60s when I was a wee tike. I know more about Cowboys history than most on this forum because I have loved the Cowboys for so long and have watched just about every game with the Super Bowl V loss being my first game.

It’s not my fault or a scenario any fan could have imagined but a drunk hillbilly bought the team and yes because of Jimmy we added three championships. But the past almost three decades have been a clown car of gross team mismanagement by the king of hubris, who thought his money meant he was qualified to be the gm.

Well we haven’t won anything in 28 seasons while watching the fuhrer cycle through loser hc (except Parcells) that have no authority to hire their own staff. I could go on but rest assured I’m a hard core fan that wouldn’t be here if I didn’t care so much about this franchise.

I’m a fan that is tired of losing, esp when we know the one man responsible for this almost three decade draught.
Well, that excuses all the posts trashing the Boyz then.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
One of you mods deleted my post in this thread and didn't even give me the courtesy of sending me a reason. So I'll just repost it because I didn't say anything wrong.

We have a losers mentality thinking it's the officiating. Every time we lose we have a post about officiating. It's a sad sick mentality that shows the type of fanbase we have. I call it homerism, you call it bad officiating. Losers whine about officiating. Winners just win.

Many others in this thread have said the same thing. Why my post was locked on and removed is weak. Probably shouldn't have moderation abilities if you can't control your personal feelings.
They deleted it because it was stupid, not well thought out, and a waste of everyone’s time. :D

lukemartin79

Reaction score
Listen end of the day we had a chance to win the game. I know the penalties were even in the game....But it's flat out disgusting how they helped Philly second half. The ticky tack stuff they called on our secondary, meanwhile.

-Picking up a flag on a clear illegal hands to the face.

-Tolbert's jersey gets pulled on our previous drive.... but they make that call on gillmore.

-Micah parsons held several times.... No Call.

-Can we talk about dak getting with a shoulder to the helmet on that last drive. That the definition of roughing. No call.

I'm not one to usually complain about officials. It evens out... but you can't have minimal calls in the first half and call it different in the second. Awful
The refs may as well have carried them in to the damn end zone on their 2nd scoring drive of the 2nd half. That was ridiculous. The Gilmore PI, wow- didn't think a vet with his rep would get a a call like that against him on a ball that would never have been catchable anyway. Guess they will go against him now that he has the star on his helmut. ridiculous call

Deionindahood

Reaction score
Those penalties were clear. The PI was clear... the late hit was clear. That the difference.

Why was the illegal hands to the face picked up on our second to las drive, that woulda been a big call in our favor.

Why was Gilmore flagged for a phantom PI, and then a jersey grab. Yet when it happened to our guy no call.

Why were clear holding penalties not called in favor of Micah Parsons.

There is 0 consistency in the officiating in this league.
Let me ask you one question..do you think our o-line got away with any holds that were not called? I will watch the game again tomorrow with the ability to stop and slow the plays. I already know the answer.

Brax

Reaction score
Anyone after watching the flag frenzy refs refusing to throw the flag against Philly in obvious holding penalties on Parsons and identical holds on receivers blocking with shoulder pad holds (as was flagged on Dallas) cannot say the fix is in, I have no idea what a fix would look like. This is just more proof that there is a clear effort by NFL officials to screw Dallas. It has been going on for years.
Oh god the crazies are out

CWR

Reaction score
Penalties on the Eagles on our last drive took us down to the 5 yd line. We had the benefit of calls on that drive and we couldn't win the game. I don't blame the refs.

Those were both blatant. You couldn't misinterpret the PI. Dude was pretty late on the roughing the passer as well.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
The refs in the NFL this year are just plain awful. The fix being in can work for both sides. They made sure we had the last chance to put this game away, and yet again we failed miserably. A teak with a killer instinct puts that one away, and it seems every week that somebody else shoulders the blame. This week it wasn't the QB even though he made some questionable throws that every QB in the NFL makes on a weekly basis

Mannix

Reaction score
Penalties on the Eagles on our last drive took us down to the 5 yd line. We had the benefit of calls on that drive and we couldn't win the game. I don't blame the refs.
Stop it...those were legit penalties.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Plowing! Funny. The first one he pushed his chest. Neither were personal fouls. But Tank hitting Jalens knee was one that wasn't called.
Hurts knee bumped into a guy falling down. Hurts was not even hurt on that play, he got scared he might have injured it again. Did you not see the Eagles second half opening drive? The guy was running all over the place.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
What was upsetting about the way the game was officiated is it was a complete 180 from the first half. The crew let them play in the first then all of a sudden they wanted to be part of the story. Everyone agrees that if it’s wasn’t PI on the Lamb play then it shouldn’t have been called on Gilmore. The hold on Schoonmaker was a terrible call, arms were inside the entire time compare that to what happens to Parsons. Don’t agree with the false start on Smith either after watching the Eagles jump the gone all game. Even with that we had a chance to win. Steele can’t play like that, something needs to be done with his fundamentals because he is off balance way to much.