Offseason Fun: You Can Trade Tony Romo

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Not low at all...a qb under the franchise tag can be stolen for two Firsts..those are the best of the best in their prime...

A third is on the optimistic side...you aren't considering any of the negatives w romo..age..injury history..no upside...etc...teams don't just trade firsts for fun..this isn't the nba

Too bad Jerry Jones isnt the GM of another team. He would pay two firsts easy.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm sorry but, can't do it. I want him on my team until he can't do it any more and then I retire him and put him in the ring of honor ASAP. He's just one of those guys that's a lifer in Cowboy blue and silver.

I like Romo, but I want to win a championship. That trumps any appreciation I may have for any player. And I am certainly not beholdened to "winning now". I am all about long term success. To me, that is the surest way to win the most championships. being good over the long haul consistently.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Perhaps Antonio Brown. I'd like to see teams not able to roll coverage to Dez..

Oh yah, we need more offense great idea. You guys are unbelievable. We are already going to score 30 points a game.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
you could trade tony for any other player other than a qb and you still only win four or five games how many games did watt help his team last year last time I checked they were blown out in the playoffs. if you don't have a top qb you don't win no matter who else you got.

Watts on our team would have yielded more than four wins. You forget we didn't have a great pass rush. A sack here or a sack there, we win at least one of the six games we lost by 7 points or less. Maybe we win even more.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
point taken, but you did say "Wont matter who we acquire".......which, tactility implies the QB position....

Please accept my apologies, I have been writing code for 10 hours straight....

Writing code?

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
Writing code?

computer code. Im an old VB6/VBA programmer. Ive done the .net stuff, MySQL and PHP to build some forums and other websites that died ...well, I guess you cant say they died, when they never really "lived" :):): Ive tried......but I feel "right at home" in VB. It became very popular when I was coming of age....

But you have to take things literally. very literally....... and aftwer awhile of writing that code, which doesnt adhere to any grammar or spelling rules or much of anything any normal human thought, mind you, its makes you little..................... jumpy, odd. :)

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I like Romo, but I want to win a championship. That trumps any appreciation I may have for any player. And I am certainly not beholdened to "winning now". I am all about long term success. To me, that is the surest way to win the most championships. being good over the long haul consistently.

Loyality to your soldiers that have earned it means nothing to you.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
Oh yah, we need more offense great idea. You guys are unbelievable. We are already going to score 30 points a game.

you sure? what's your vote? Just curious and why is Brown such a BAD idea? <sulking in the corner>

tyke1doe

Reaction score
computer code. Im an old VB6/VBA programmer. Ive done the .net stuff, MySQL and PHP to build some forums and other websites that died ...well, I guess you cant say they died, when they never really "lived" :):): Ive tried......but I feel "right at home" in VB. It became very popular when I was coming of age....

But you have to take things literally. very literally....... and aftwer awhile of writing that code, which doesnt adhere to any grammar or spelling rules or much of anything any normal human thought, mind you, its makes you little..................... jumpy, odd. :)

Thanks for the explanation.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
you sure? what's your vote? Just curious and why is Brown such a BAD idea? <sulking in the corner>

Love Brown. I would trade him for Dez straight up. But If Im trading for a player, its not more offense. I would be for defense.

Cowboy06

Reaction score
Love Brown. I would trade him for Dez straight up. But If Im trading for a player, its not more offense. I would be for defense.

I don't think we are one player away of defense, so I would rather make the offense THAT much better is all.

Cowboy06

Reaction score
Its the law of diminishing returns.

I can respect that but don't agree at this point. We need a better and more diverse passing game. However, I do agree that a stud defensive player or two would be great to have. We have too many head aches and 4 game suspended players...